Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Polaris 500 sportsman give it gas stalls

5 minutes ago, Flipper Tiffany Roper Jones said:

It say mikuni I was looking for something Chinese that name is still Chinese 

Mikuni is actually a Japanese company.

China  can  produce some  junk parts , but unfortunately  so  can  Canada  and  the US.

China is also  capable of producing some very  high quality  products , and if you  look  closely  you'll  find an  uncomfortably large number of  "American"  or "Canadian" products  containing some Chinese  made  parts in their  makeup.  Dismissing  any  countries  products  as junk  out of  hand  is  foolishness in the extreme.

As far  as carburettors  are concerned,  unless it  is  corroded  badly, very  few  actually  need to be replaced..  They  all  can  be  cleaned but attention to detail  is  needed to  get every  passage and port / jet cleaned and unplugged . .Too often  tiny holes  in jet tubes  and  carb throats are missed.  The only  carbs  I've ever seen that  needed replaced  were some on such things  as weed eaters where the carb is plastic with some  jets and  parts  non serviceable  and plugged from  being  unused too  long  with old gas in them .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There was a hole on top of the plastic cover where clutch wore through it that is one of the worse engineering designs I have ever seen wish there was a way to turn it to shaft driven I'm just glad I wasn't on it it would have blew my ankle to pieces it the loose like a spring on a car it just blew into a million pieces shot the plastic cover about 50 yards away

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick thought about the problem you're having. My grandpas sportsman 500 would run like crap and die when trying to hit the throttle, and his problem was a leaking air box lid.. half the screws were missing or broken ears and it was getting too much air. 

not saying its your problem, just thinking it might be something super easy to check out.

• Like 1