Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Chris2018

1996 Kawasaki Mojave KSF250 No Spark

There was on for sale way back that i think i told you about. I reached out to him after i saw your post and it was gone already.  
is there any chance of drilling the old stud out and using an easy out ? Post a pic of that broken bolt please.  

Thats what we tried to do but still wouldn't come out. We did get the bolt drilled and was thinking of using one of them thred insert kits

How difficult do you think it would be to put a Honda or Suzuki 300 or 400 motor on it

Anything's possible but you would spend just as much In miscellanies parts into modifying it. Might as well buy the head from ebay.  If you can successfully drill the center of the broken bolt out you can get a deep easy out in there. Heat it up a little and spin it out. 

When you were drilling the head did it get damaged ?

If the bolt is broke and still in place what im trying to say is you can extract the broken part and simply put a new bolt in.  Thats what an ez out does. 

On 9/8/2019 at 9:20 PM, Chris2018 said:

So I want to say thank you for the help. And have a couple more questions. I ordered a key switch off line and for some reason. When it's in the off position it's on and when it's in the on position off. An the radiator fan is not kicking on so I'm guess no part of the cooling system is working any ideas. I haven't really looked at it a hole lot. Othe them do say all the wires are ok. And there two wires a blue and a brown wire in the front and by the motor and idea what they hook up to. Everything is hiked up there is nothing for them. I was thinking battery but don't see a spot for a battery. Again thank you for all your help 

Did you ever figure out the backwards ignition switch issue? I have that problem, as well as a few others. Mine has no spark.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Brent Wright
      Is this the same frame as a mojave?
    • By Chris2018
      Any one know of a Mojave cylinder head out there for sale
    • By Chris2018
      Does anyone have the cdi box wiring? I'm trying to hook up aftermarket cdinbox and i keep confusing myself with the trigger signal wire trigger ground wire and 12v. Any help would be appreciated thank you for your input 
    • By panthers06232
      it is a 99 mojave bought it couple weeks ago and it would run i relaced some stuff in the carb like the needle and seat and one of the jets put new plug in it and now it runs good until you rev it way up like wide open throttle then it misses almost like it is hitting a rev limiter could it be that it needs a new carb gasket or what are some ideas that could be wrong with this thing