Quantcast

What do you use to clean your ATV?

I use a pressure washer I bought from Amazon, and a 1 gallon container of car wash from Auto Zone. 

If your looking to put a shine on your plastics try using Quick Shine by Holloway House (sold at Dollar General). I’ve tried a few different products on my plastics but the Quick Shine has to be the brightest and longest lasting shine I have found yet. Makes the plastics look like new. 

6067FCD1-543D-4961-80C2-24303E5AB6E7.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i never tried a pressure washer because our shop doesn't have a inside or outside water tap on the outside shop wall... even though we do have a pressure washer//

How well does the pressure washer work on getting oil and grime off?? My dad says the pressure washer could water blast out the Chain Lubrication fluid and (expletive removed) up the motorcycle chain///

i know that when i use bleach $3 dollar store 'Mildew and rime remover" it turns the oil and grime into a smeary smudge i wipe away with higher quality microfiber clothes(these microfibre cloth rags just work way better)

i put the scrub free '$3 Dollarama dollar store solution' in the other Dollarama $3 sprayer bottle because it is was way better for spraying bleach (do not get on any rubber or plastic i read it will weaken it and make it brittle

(i spray the bleach on the oil and grime carefully and aim it real careful and then i use a giant flat head screwdriver and a medium flat head screw driver /one in each hand i attack and poke and scrape on the bundled up microfibre cloth on the grime to smear and wipe away the grime oil smudge (these clothes work very good at absorbing and hanging onto all the smudge

scrub free.jpg

sprayer bottle (1).jpg

microfibre rags.jpeg

screwdrivers.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By DrtyGrlKristin
      Just thought I'd start a new thread for newbies to the site!
      If you're new here, tell us who you are, where you're from and what you ride!!!
      Lets get to know each other a little better shall we?
      I'm not new to the site, obviously, but...
      I'm Kristin from Denver!!! I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino. She's my muddy baby!!!!!! Several aftermarket parts on her. She's good to me! We try and ride every weekend. This weekend we're off to MOAB! :woot:
    • By gatorschevy
      If so, I have covid lol, in the past 3 months I have bought 6.
      04 Suzuki Quad runner 400
      86 Kawasaki bayou 185
      96 Polaris magnum 425
      95 Polaris trail blazer 250
      03 bombardier 175 rally
      92 Yamaha moto 4 350 
    • By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.