Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

shar

New project - LT80

Picked up an LT80 (unknown year) for $200 recently for my girls. Not running at the moment, but does turn over. I’m thinking the carb needs to be rebuilt or replaced, as it appears to be leaking 2 stroke oil. Anyway, I’m excited to have something to wrench on in my (limited) spare time :)

FBD1DA72-E27B-4443-B451-EB77E4A34421.jpeg

4DD74F66-0619-4DBA-8CE6-32A54C2639B1.jpeg

A1A2F857-6F48-493C-84ED-B57987F04ECC.jpeg

107D274B-6B16-489A-BC9F-AA035A4A193B.jpeg

589880F5-ECA3-43BD-832D-4DE7F6FE6127.jpeg

1869BD8B-F44B-420D-9EDC-77A14348B580.jpeg

That's a cool little bike. It should be oil injected, a small tank under the seat?

The carburetor can easily be cleaned out and compression should be about 90psi .

Its a small carb so be gentle. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Frank Angerano said:

That's a cool little bike. It should be oil injected, a small tank under the seat?

The carburetor can easily be cleaned out and compression should be about 90psi .

Its a small carb so be gentle. 

Thanks Frank! I did see the oil tank under the seat. Not sure where the oil is injected though (I assumed the carb). Doesn’t appear to be leaking from the tank. Sounds like I need to break it down and investigate further

Yes definitely needs to be taken apart. Its not a difficult task.   The oil line goes right into the side of the carburetor. If your not familiar with the carburetor rebuild there is topic on it here.    

37 minutes ago, Jim Denton said:

Sweet little project! I'm jealous of the spa e you have available.

Thanks Jim! I’ll be sure to post photos along the way

Update: started stripping her down today. Hoping to have it down to the frame over the next day or two. Looks like I’ll need to replace the wiring harness - it’s cut and melted in numerous places. The exhaust bolts are going to be a problem a well... pretty rusted and slightly rounded. Other than that, no surprises 👍

EEC0BCE5-CFDE-494F-B8DD-658F342503F7.thumb.jpeg.ffbe0f2280329317dd29df9d8d2814df.jpegC4D6D05A-E02A-461D-9A98-8657DD373024.thumb.jpeg.805684c3b4fd2052b23679514e3a4521.jpegA1635AA9-0C89-408B-8B51-640E5A2CA97A.thumb.jpeg.abd67574293eee5e3a1c7ea0fa5041aa.jpeg

thats an awesome project, I always just wanted to get one of those mini atvs for kids during partys, Have seen a couple cheap but not that cheap around here other than like used taobaos

FINALLY got her stripped down to the frame.... really should have checked with wifey to see what outstanding tasks I had on the honey-do list before taking on this project 😊That and crappy weather set me back a bit.

Ordered a new set of handlebars and bumper guard. Once those come in, everything is getting powdercoated. I’m thinking pink with sparkly purple accents 🤣 love my girls

D4A929F8-87E8-41FB-8606-22A7E08B3413.thumb.jpeg.0c84887021bf3d269e993bb82c0f54dd.jpeg