Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

You should be impressed and I'm sure everyone else is! Looks really good. Opened up this topic on my desktop to better see the pictures. Looks really good @Frank Angerano. What's the name of the clearcoat and did you use a spray gun or can?

• Like 1

Thank you @Ajmboy 

Plastics were from a can.  I will post a pic of the can later. Product is Minwax, i asked my local place that specializes in paint and she took about a week and got back to me with it. I was a little shocked at first because Minwax makes wood finishes. So i asked how was this possible and her answer was the rep said use this because it's flexible due to the nature of wood expanding and contracting round year with heat and humidity so a flexible chemical is added.  Makes sense i guess. She went on to say that it also sticks to any surface.  So i bent the crap out of it and put gas on it 24 hours later to try and remove it but it held up very well.   The water sanding was key as it took the layers of oxidation/fading off. 
I bought a Wagner spray gun for $65 on Amazon and sprayed the racks which i I'm happy with because #1 the amount of paint on the racks #2 the hard shell feeling of them. Its almost like its factory sprayed. 

Auto body paint just a gloss black mixed with a little lacquer thinner so its sprayable. 
I forgot to mention the front bumper/guard same process and a metallic grey that was laying around. That gray was from a Mazda 3 car he repaired. 
I go to a body shop up the block from my house and grab whatever colors he has left over from a car. He gives them to me for free!  Maybe half a quart or a full quart of a color mistake. He throws them out anyway so i stop in once in a while with a dozen doughnuts and a box of joe the boys. He lets me look through the colors and take what i want.  

Boy i will tell you the smallest things make me happy! Finally got the Yamaha emblem for the front and it makes the whole front end look right!  

82421B2A-8864-4A0B-8EEC-ECC3797130DC.jpeg

F5DF3397-44AB-497B-8515-2E1EECA1AFB1.jpeg

D66655A9-3549-459E-96F1-BF0335D41AF9.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks great! nice work 💪

meant to ask, what motorcycle/atv stand is that in the pics?

Well shes gone! New owner was very happy! All he needs is some snow.  
This was a fun/quick flip. 

Took a ride today upstate to look at a Suzuki!!! 
New post coming soon! 

601C3048-BBEC-4BEB-B3A3-90597F8F01D5.jpeg

0EC64310-E953-4502-9DED-417FE22109CA.jpeg

• Like 1

can't open the departing scene, man!

might send video to admin and see if they can post it for ya.   then again, it could be my computer.

• Like 1