Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Adrian Ciotinga

Please Help Me Not Get Ripped Off

I am checking out a KFX 700 later today. From the pictures, it looks like the front rims are aftermarket. Is there any reason to worry? Also, does anything else stand out as odd?

kfx700.jpeg

kfx701.jpg

kfx702.jpg

kfx703.jpg

All I can say is check for engine noises or taps like valves or rod knocks. If it is drivable. The clutch should be smooth and grab about a quarter of the way out. Other than that. Great quad and you’d be happy. It will go fast and it’s a lot of machine. It’s not really a tight trail quad. Check the oil too. And look into the radiator cap for oil residue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the quad last night for $2500 including a set of new paddle tires mounted on rims. To the best of my knowledge, there was nothing wrong with it, and the guy appeared to have taken really good care of all of his machines. I plan on selling the paddle tires as I have no intentions of going to the dunes. The quad is pretty clean, the only scratch or visible damage being on the front bumper (he acknowledged that in the ad). Thanks everyone for your input!

It’s exceeded my expectations for a CVT quad to be honest. So far, I’ve never felt that I’m out of power or that I could ride any better with more power. However, it was decently hard to start (especially after I held it at WOT while trying to start... my bad), but nothing that can’t be attributed to colder weather or a bad battery. Just replaced the battery, as the old one was bad, and it starts like a dream.

Here’s a pic of it sitting in my garage, and hopefully I can get a riding video tomorrow.

4DC3A326-1EA2-45D8-A32B-81334E261A1D.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 7:49 PM, Adrian Ciotinga said:

It’s exceeded my expectations for a CVT quad to be honest. So far, I’ve never felt that I’m out of power or that I could ride any better with more power. However, it was decently hard to start (especially after I held it at WOT while trying to start... my bad), but nothing that can’t be attributed to colder weather or a bad battery. Just replaced the battery, as the old one was bad, and it starts like a dream.

Here’s a pic of it sitting in my garage, and hopefully I can get a riding video tomorrow.

4DC3A326-1EA2-45D8-A32B-81334E261A1D.jpeg

you will enjoy that Kawi 700 Ive ridden a few!! Any mods done to it ? 

On 1/3/2020 at 8:20 PM, Adrian Ciotinga said:

Yeah. Never rolled, only bumped into a tree on the front bumper.

Decent turning radius. It does pop the wheels up pretty easily though.

I was going to say something about it being a wheelie machine... I was test riding one, at the dealership I worked at, either after assembly or working on a customer unit, and yeah... they do pick the front up real easy. Nice find!

Edited by olbooker

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.