Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Ajmboy

Coronavirus (COVID-19) and your ATV Life

A little bit of click bait there with the title because in the grand scheme of things, what the hell does a virus have to do with your ATV except maybe give you a little more time to ride if you are out of work or school!

In all seriousness, how's everyone doing? Here in lower NY, its getting a little crazy...

• Schools are closed all week, might be longer as they issued every grade that didn't have one, a chromebook and google classroom (preparing for remote learning)
  • Some stores are out of things like disinfecting wipes, sprays, rubbing alcohol, tylenol, toilet paper, pasta, and other basic necessities. (panic buying in full force)
  • Many people (including myself) are working from home, no more travel for the next few weeks.

Interesting times and I hope no one gets sick! Stay healthy!

Sickness GIF by memecandy 

Just remember  who  gutted the  CDC  and other health departments  of the funds  necessary to  fight unforeseen  outbreaks of  pandemics. Then  when  COVID-19  broke out  pooh poohed the severity of it and the need to prepare to fight it .. Now  in  his rallies  tries  to  put  blame  on Dems and somehow  the previous administration for the US  being so  far  behind  others in ramping  up the fight.   When  you  vote this December, remember all the lies, all the attempts to take credit for what others have done, all  the  changes  in his cabinet and elsewhere  because competent people  woyldn't toadie  up to  him  and the incompetent  proved to  be   too incompetent  and he  was  losing  a bit of  support  because  people  were starting to  clue in . I  lay  some of the blame for  some  of the pandemic deaths  directly  at Trump's feet   and his refusal  to  face  facts, take advice  he didn't like and put in motion and  fund  the  health  system adequately  to  start fighting the  developing  pandemic because  they'd  make him look bad. 

There's you  rant  from  a  Canadian who's  government  set in motion the funds and people  to  attempt to limit  the pandemic as  much as possible and care  for the ones affected by it .

Stay  away  from the crowds. . Enjoy  the wheeling.  There's  no  chance  of  COVID  catching you out  in the  fresh  air  away  from  the  panicking  crowds.

What  the  hell  does  a room  full  of toilet paper  and boxes  of  hand sanitizer  have to  do  with  keeping safe from the  virus , or treating it if you're  unfortunate enogh to  catch  it ?.. Take the  advice of the pros .. Wash  your  hands and  keep  your distance.  Much more effective than  the idiocy  going on now . St  least  that  panic buying  of  ass wipe  and  sanitizer  isn't  limited to the  US..  The  crazies  are world wide  in that that respect.

• Haha 2

Lololol i hear both of you boys and agree on getting out and riding if you have the time now with all the closures happening then go! 

@davefrombc that was some rant but funny to read "ass wipe and sanitizer" ???? Lmao thats some funny stuff. 

Not for panic or fear but two weeks ago i told the wife I'm going on a shopping blitz to stock up on everything! She asked am I nervous? I said no, what's going to happen is there will be a panic and everybody is going to go into apocalyptic mode and i wont be able to get basic shit. So i  stocked up on steaks, chicken and everything else I could think of so i  don't have to run to the store and deal with the crazies.   Glad i did!!! 

But in all honesty its a serious matter and i agree that the ball was dropped by NOT being prepared after seeing what it has and is still doing to other countries. 

So some fresh air it is and maybe a trip upstate or lost trails???? 

Great post @Ajmboy and a great idea for everyone.  

• Thanks 1

When  locals mentioned they  were looking  at a Bidet accessory  for their  toilet I offered to lend  my pressure washer to those  who  couldn't find  toilet paper in the stores here.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

Lololol i hear both of you boys and agree on getting out and riding if you have the time now with all the closures happening then go! 

@davefrombc that was some rant but funny to read "ass wipe and sanitizer" ???? Lmao thats some funny stuff. 

Not for panic or fear but two weeks ago i told the wife I'm going on a shopping blitz to stock up on everything! She asked am I nervous? I said no, what's going to happen is there will be a panic and everybody is going to go into apocalyptic mode and i wont be able to get basic shit. So i  stocked up on steaks, chicken and everything else I could think of so i  don't have to run to the store and deal with the crazies.   Glad i did!!! 

But in all honesty its a serious matter and i agree that the ball was dropped by NOT being prepared after seeing what it has and is still doing to other countries. 

So some fresh air it is and maybe a trip upstate or lost trails???? 

Great post @Ajmboy and a great idea for everyone.  

I just got home from "panic" buying today....lol. Went to 6 stores over 2 days on my free time. My wife called this about a month ago, so she started slowly stocking up on things our family will need. We are stocked with essentials for a month or two in case it gets too crazy to get to a store. Who wants to go to a store when more people are sick in the store (hopefully not). My 12 year old had pneumonia this year and my 5 year old had strep, flu, and pneumonia in January and February.  I don't want to sound like an ass, but from what I'm reading it affects children less which makes me a little less worried for them. I more worried about my mother and relatives that are older or with underlying conditions. I think my wife, my daughters, and I will just plan to buckle down and do our part by trying to not catch and spread the virus.

As far as Trump not being prepared, I do give Trump an "F" for downplaying this but an "A" for closing borders, bringing the private sector in for testing, reducing regulation, stimulus, and declaring a national emergency. 

Today the fed cut the rate to 0.25 or something like that (time to refinance and borrow some money cause its gonna be cheap)

BTW...Make sure you have enough Tylenol and advil/motrin and cough meds in case you get it.  Most people will just have to ride it out like the flue.

4 hours ago, davefrombc said:

When  locals mentioned they  were looking  at a Bidet accessory  for their  toilet I offered to lend  my pressure washer to those  who  couldn't find  toilet paper in the stores here.

Someone at work told a silly joke on why people are buying all the toilet paper....when someone approaches them and sneezes, they tend to shit themselves in fear! Hence the need for more toilet paper...(pardon my French)

Trump  only did those things  because he was forced to  by those in  his administration who  threatened to  revolt if he didn't . He didn't want to  allow the cruise ships to  dock  because  it would run  the  numbers up  and make him look bad. As if  leaving  Americans on the  cruise  ships  somehow didn't  count for  Americans stricken  with  COVID-19.  There's been  no  shortage of testing  kits  in Canada  although they  are saying now that unless there is good reason  to suspect   it  could be  an  infection they  will  treat  as symptoms dictate.  Trump  only thinks of himself.. Watch  him when  he  is reading  his speeches.. He didn't write them  and often  shows he  doesn't  believe  what  he  has to  say  in them . Body language  and his asides tell you  that if you really watch and listen to what  he is saying.

Yes, I  admit  I  do detest your fake  President  and all  he  has done to  America and her image abroad; but if you look  closely  at  him   you  should begin to  understand  why.

• Thanks 1

Well NYC schools are closed and i heard through the grapevine on Wednesday morning NYC is getting shut down completely.  

• Sad 1

There  are shut downs of schools,  universities and sporting events  as well  as  many  businesses in Canada and elsewhere.  Borders are being  closed; cruises,  guided tours and  ski resorts  are being cancelled.  Yes , it  is  a  pandemic requiring extraordinary  measures to try to  bring under control, even  though  generally  the  young and healthy  have  little to  fear  of  it since it mainly  is a threat to the  elderly  and  those who  have  other underlying  health problems.  I sure don't want  to  be  one  to   catch  and pass on the  virus to  someone else and  I  sure don't want   anyone passing it  on to  me . Yup   the virus is related  to the common  cold  and for  many  it  has  no  more consequences than  a  cold , but its  death rate  percentages  far  exceed the  common  cold  or even those  of the  most prevalent  flues.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

Well NYC schools are closed and i heard through the grapevine on Wednesday morning NYC is getting shut down completely.  

I saw that NYC closed schools and so did  Long Island. It’s getting crazy and now CDC just put out a new guideline tonight of no social gatherings of more than 50 people. 

Posted (edited)

WOW what a frickin mess this coronavirus thing is causing !! People are going nuts over this !! Our famil;y isnt worried about this !! We arent changing our daily routine in the least !! NOT out power shopping either !! Im 64 yrs old Ive survived all the other flu that have come down over the years . Ive survived 40 yrs of marriage Booze, some drugs in the 70s and a hand full of crazy ass girlfriends 50 yrs of riding   and lived to tell about it 😁 Think ill go for a ride Mon !!

Edited by quadnut20
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, davefrombc said:

LMAO !! Good one !!

A lot of ski areas shut down early due to this. We had a trip planned for early April which will probably not happen now. Looks like the quad will be coming out early.

PA closed schools and such as well.

Mike

• Like 1

Working this weekend but might try to get to Lost Trails Thursday if weather is ok. Going to use the drone to do some exploring.

Mike

• Like 1

im on a buying spree but not for tp.. i dont use any of that crap anyway.. theres some hecka good deals on some atvs and trucks about now.. gonna go get me some new toys and hit the dirt🤑

as to my opinion of covid19- i wonder why all the doctors and health folks arnt going nuts?  hmm...maybe because theres nothing to go nuts about?  covid isnt anywhere NEAR as serious as the flu and is only one strain of the corona virus.  just because its new dont mean its deadly.  studies show (you wont hear this from the media) that covid19 is only fetal to those who have preexisting health issues (just like any other virus or common cold) and has only taken about 3-5% percent of its victims world-wide.  i say if trump announced a national state of emergency through election season and hence he would be pres for the next 4 years.. the media would drop the whole covid crap overnight.. anything to get him out..

as to blaming trump, what more could he or anyone have done?  you cant treat viruses with antibiotics, and all doctors can or will advise to folks is to stay home and catch some snooze.  to those who are in worse health to begin with, they are treating it like it is- another strain of the flu.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JacobSlabach said:

im on a buying spree but not for tp.. i dont use any of that crap anyway.. theres some hecka good deals on some atvs and trucks about now.. gonna go get me some new toys and hit the dirt🤑

as to my opinion of covid19- i wonder why all the doctors and health folks arnt going nuts?  hmm...maybe because theres nothing to go nuts about?  covid isnt anywhere NEAR as serious as the flu and is only one strain of the corona virus.  just because its new dont mean its deadly.  studies show (you wont hear this from the media) that covid19 is only fetal to those who have preexisting health issues (just like any other virus or common cold) and has only taken about 3-5% percent of its victims world-wide.  i say if trump announced a national state of emergency through election season and hence he would be pres for the next 4 years.. the media would drop the whole covid crap overnight.. anything to get him out..

as to blaming trump, what more could he or anyone have done?  you cant treat viruses with antibiotics, and all doctors can or will advise to folks is to stay home and catch some snooze.  to those who are in worse health to begin with, they are treating it like it is- another strain of the flu.

Considering the  flu  only takes  a fraction of 1 % (Last I  read  said 0.1%)  of its victims  and there  are vaccines against  most strains of it  and the  COVID-19  has a death rate  of  greater than  3 %  with   NO  vaccine  available,  you  should be  very worried..  Not so  much for yoursaelf but  for  your parents and their generation and  parents  if they're  still  alive..  Yes, the numbers  for  the  Corona  virus are  much  smaller than for the flu now , but they  are exploding. Maybe  you should seek  other  health information from  legitimate sources  rather than the ones   trying to  pooh pooh it ..  I  know   Only  1 %  of  the  world  know the  truth, everyone else in  government  and  medicine  don't  know what they're talking about ..  Get  your  news  from  Fox  and  your  medical  advice  from quack websites  and  hope  nobody  you  know  or  care about dies  from  COVID-19.

Hopefully everyone is doing well through this craziness???

Im still working even with the 100% shut down we are exempt until we have a confirmed case on site.   This weekend my offices and the entire site is being sanitized and wiped down etc by a specialized company. 

The city looks like a Sunday every day thats how quiet it is. Erie is a better way to put it.  
Here is a pic of the city i took yesterday mid day, Park Avenue. 

I'm sure we are all getting a ton of stuff done around the house, honey do lists? 

My wife is actually a hot mess with all this going on and completely on edge thinking about her father, me or the kids  and if anyone of us gets it! Then add the home schooling and logging into the schools for the days work etc. 🤯 She worries to much this woman.    Her father i agree as he's much older and has underlying health issues but we are all healthy and i feel we would be fine if it hit us.  

I wonder how long Netflix will be able to keep up with the volume of users before it crashes lol and how many babies will come out of this,  social media shows we will call them "coronials"  😬

Anyway just wanted to see how and what everyone is doing?? 

Stay safe people. 

89343B08-52DD-40D0-BF71-231E699E80C2.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1