Quantcast
Jump to content

  • Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

    As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Ajmboy

Coronavirus (COVID-19) and your ATV Life

Recommended Posts

I am still working, but they are talking about a shut down next week. Last week took the drone out to do some flying.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@mikeexplorer what type of drone do you have? What is that, an old railroad checkpoint? What was that train hauling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Parrot Bebop 2. Picked it up a few months ago. Its considered older now that they came out with the newer models but that means I got this one at a discount. It has all the features I need. I used a free program to overlay the flight data from the drone.

You must mean "milepoint" that I noted in the video. This railroad line was originally a Delaware & Hudson line and connected to Albany when it was known as the "Penn Division" Where I was standing it would be 183.5 miles to Albany. Railroads use the mile posts to note everything on their right of way.

Back in the 1980's the line was abandoned from Carbondale to Ninevah, NY (its connection) so it is now known as the "Carbondale Line" its end of line. So nowadays the actual milepoint where I was standing would be 12.5

Since the train was returning from Carbondale, the cars would be empty, they would have had sand in them used for fraking natural gas in our area. Part of the video you can see a track coming off the line (a switch) that spur services our place, we manufacture plastic sheet, those cars would be filled with plastic pellets.  I cut that part out from the video, but after the train left, I turned the drone and flew towards our plant. You can see the cars parked on the track and the stair step pipe you see blows the plastic pellets from the cars uphill to our facility to fill the silos. I meant to get closer but the battery was running low so I brought it back.

 

Mike

 

Bebop_2_2020-03-18T150118-0400_A203A9.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great shot there.  I find  drones extremely interesting.  Looking at the rails or any other aerial  view is very cool.  I had my friend fly his drone over my property to see how the deer were making there way to and from food plots, water etc. i wound up seeing so much more including old logging trails, fence lines.  
I may look into getting one maybe a beginner  drone.  
 

Hows everyone doing ?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

Great shot there.  I find  drones extremely interesting.  Looking at the rails or any other aerial  view is very cool.  I had my friend fly his drone over my property to see how the deer were making there way to and from food plots, water etc. i wound up seeing so much more including old logging trails, fence lines.  
I may look into getting one maybe a beginner  drone.  
 

Hows everyone doing ?????

The drone I have would be considered a good beginner drone. You can buy the complete kit for under $500. This would include the drone, extra batteries, extra propellers, and the sky controller, and a padded backpack.  You can use the drone with your phone only, but the range will be more limited. I also found a refurbished one on ebay for $235, it did not include the controller, but did include one charger and battery plus a spare set of propellers. I bought it as a spare.  The only add-on I am considering is the FPV goggles, sometimes its hard to see the video feed in bright sunlight, this is why during the video I took, I made some weird turns and stopped at times to look at what the drone was seeing. 

There are of course cheaper drones out there then this one, but this drone has the essential features. Mainly since it has an onboard GPS it has the ability to "return to home" automatically if it loses signal with the controller. Cheaper drones don't have this feature, and that is why a lot of people lose them.

If you do crash the drone, the controller will know the last known position of the drone, the drone will also continue to transmit the video feed and emit a beeping sound.

This drone has all I need, I mainly bought it to explore abandoned railroads and to get photos and videos of areas I cannot physically get to, or to take aerial shots of things, such as these gravity slope buildings. The GPS data is recorded during the flight (as shown with the overlay) and when you take pictures, the GPS data is embedded in the picture.

These photos are taken across the river from where I was, I was following an old railroad grade. The field in the third picture used to be mining operation that was reclaimed.

 

Bebop_2_2020-03-18T152149-0400_BCD436.jpg

Bebop_2_2020-03-18T152545-0400_CAF79A.jpg

Bebop_2_2020-03-18T152605-0400_CAF79A.jpg

Bebop_2_2020-03-18T152752-0400_CAF79A.jpg

Edited by mikeexplorer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 3/21/2020 at 7:45 AM, Frank Angerano said:

Hopefully everyone is doing well through this craziness???

Im still working even with the 100% shut down we are exempt until we have a confirmed case on site.   This weekend my offices and the entire site is being sanitized and wiped down etc by a specialized company. 


The city looks like a Sunday every day thats how quiet it is. Erie is a better way to put it.  
Here is a pic of the city i took yesterday mid day, Park Avenue. 
 

I'm sure we are all getting a ton of stuff done around the house, honey do lists? 

My wife is actually a hot mess with all this going on and completely on edge thinking about her father, me or the kids  and if anyone of us gets it! Then add the home schooling and logging into the schools for the days work etc. 🤯 She worries to much this woman.    Her father i agree as he's much older and has underlying health issues but we are all healthy and i feel we would be fine if it hit us.  

I wonder how long Netflix will be able to keep up with the volume of users before it crashes lol and how many babies will come out of this,  social media shows we will call them "coronials"  😬

Anyway just wanted to see how and what everyone is doing?? 

 

Stay safe people. 

 

 

89343B08-52DD-40D0-BF71-231E699E80C2.png

Damm Id be scared chit less LOL What are u doing way up there ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 10:45 AM, davefrombc said:

I  lay  some of the blame for  some  of the pandemic deaths  directly  at Trump's feet   and his refusal  to  face  facts, take advice  he didn't like and put in motion and  fund  the  health  system adequately  to  start fighting the  developing  pandemic because  they'd  make him look bad. 

You lay some of the blame - and even deaths - directly on Trump?  To what other institutions or people do you lay the remainder of your blame?  Do you blame life-long smokers who are predisposed to contracting breathing-related diseases like COVID19?  What about those with cystic fibrosis or lung cancer? 

No country or person can foresee a future pandemic.  We both know this.  If another individual were in office and the same scenario ensued, I wonder if you'd also blame this individual.

Trump or any other president could fund the hell out of the CDC, NIH, drug companies and mask manufacturers, but guess what: it wouldn't matter.  It takes time to assess the virulence of a disease, who it affects, the degree to which it affects certain people/populations.  A government is likely not going to say, "Okay, every single person stays home for 8 weeks" at the onset of a pandemic/other disaster.  It takes time to see what occurs.  No pharma company can create a vaccine in two months.  It takes time.  No company is able to manufacture 500+ million masks overnight.  It takes time. 

To think Trump wasn't ultimately following the advice of the CDC and top virologists is ridiculous.  Trump doesn't give a rat's dropping of what others think about him.  This makes him effective in my book.  And that's MY book, just as you have YOUR book.  In my book, I'm right - in your book, you're right.  We all have roughly 80 years on this earth and are free to make decisions about what we, individually, deem right, just and true of our own accord based (largely) on our lived experiences. 

We have one confirmed case of COVID19 in my town in Texas.  47 year old male - he was in Washington 2 weeks prior to being diagnosed - is recovering well at a local hospital.  I've yet to diagnose any cases only because my clinic has no testing kits.  If I suspect COVID, I'll send them directly to one of two hospitals and let them make the final determination, as they have the testing kits (in limited supply).

Avoid crowds.  Wash your hands often.  Hydrate.  Rest.  Cover your freakin' mouth when coughing.  Treat your symptoms at home with OTC medications.  If OTC medications don't relieve your symptoms and your symptoms worsen, see your medical practitioner.   But, as Dave mentioned, you'll likely not be tested unless you meet a specific set of criteria.

My wife is making me strip down prior to entering our home in the evening - I leave the skivvies on... but it is NOT a pretty sight :aargh: - my clothes go straight into the washing machine - then I take a shower, eat and finish my notes from the clinic during the remainder of my evening.   We now shop later in the evening to avoid the crowds.

 

 

 

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 8:45 AM, Frank Angerano said:

Hopefully everyone is doing well through this craziness???

Im still working even with the 100% shut down we are exempt until we have a confirmed case on site.   This weekend my offices and the entire site is being sanitized and wiped down etc by a specialized company. 


The city looks like a Sunday every day thats how quiet it is. Erie is a better way to put it.  
Here is a pic of the city i took yesterday mid day, Park Avenue. 
 

I'm sure we are all getting a ton of stuff done around the house, honey do lists? 

My wife is actually a hot mess with all this going on and completely on edge thinking about her father, me or the kids  and if anyone of us gets it! Then add the home schooling and logging into the schools for the days work etc. 🤯 She worries to much this woman.    Her father i agree as he's much older and has underlying health issues but we are all healthy and i feel we would be fine if it hit us.  

I wonder how long Netflix will be able to keep up with the volume of users before it crashes lol and how many babies will come out of this,  social media shows we will call them "coronials"  😬

Anyway just wanted to see how and what everyone is doing?? 

 

Stay safe people. 

 

 

89343B08-52DD-40D0-BF71-231E699E80C2.png

types "stay safe people" from 44 stories up.  DAYUM, frank - what's wrong with you?  it's obviously a fever - please get that treated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap I'm sorry I even responded to this topic !!!!!!!  Just kidding! @mikeexplorer thanks and good info. For $500 bucks im in on that deal! Going to make a move soon on a drone.  
As far as the height and how high up ?, you guys wait and see, i have more to come! 
I go 1000 feet down under ground just as much as i go up!  Pics to come. 

So two people have tested positive on my job and we are still going forward with work. Zero supervision and we are still building! Nuts!!!! But we are moving on. 
 

Nothing we all say or do will change the direction of all of this bullshit! We watch the big guns take care of this and we will judge/vote accordingly! 
 

End of story! 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dra O said:

My wife is making me strip down prior to entering our home in the evening - I leave the skivvies on... but it is NOT a pretty sight  - my clothes go straight into the washing machine - then I take a shower,

@Dra O Same here!

@mikeexplorer greet photos! I’m thinking of getting a better drive like this. Have a couple of smaller “toy” ones...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

Holy crap I'm sorry I even responded to this topic !!!!!!!  Just kidding! @mikeexplorer thanks and good info. For $500 bucks im in on that deal! Going to make a move soon on a drone.  
As far as the height and how high up ?, you guys wait and see, i have more to come! 
I go 1000 feet down under ground just as much as i go up!  Pics to come. 

So two people have tested positive on my job and we are still going forward with work. Zero supervision and we are still building! Nuts!!!! But we are moving on. 
 

Nothing we all say or do will change the direction of all of this bullshit! We watch the big guns take care of this and we will judge/vote accordingly! 
 

End of story! 

 

 

The drone is capable of flying up to 400 feet high, actually limited to that because of airspace regulations. You can set limits for the drone. Most of my videos I keep it under 150 - 200 feet. Distance will vary depending on how many other wifi signals are around. Urban areas I can usually get about 1,300 feet away from where I am standing. Yesterday I went to a more rural area and I went over 2,300 feet away before loss of signal.

This is the what I bought

 

https://www.amazon.com/Parrot-Bebop-Pro-3D-Modeling-Solution/dp/B07514PH61/ref=sr_1_3?crid=FW7Q0SY22D4F&dchild=1&keywords=parrot+bebop+2+power&qid=1585128975&sprefix=parrot+bebop+2%2Caps%2C175&sr=8-3

Mike

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


@Frank Angerano my legs are weak looking at these photos...lol. That's up there! The sunset is pretty cool. What do you do, build buildings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aside from having my own small company, i manage construction projects  on high rise  buildings for Tishman/Aecom.   All union work and it allows me to have benefits etc.  
The structural steel end is what I manage so i get to go up pretty high.  

I am a NYC sandhog and always preferred tunnel work  since i truly love it. But after this last big tunnel job ended two years ago there has been no work.  So I transferred my union book to the trades above ground for a change.  its been nice and it allows me to also run my small business.  
  
 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 5:15 PM, Frank Angerano said:

Aside from having my own small company, i manage construction projects  on high rise  buildings for Tishman/Aecom.   All union work and it allows me to have benefits etc.  
The structural steel end is what I manage so i get to go up pretty high.  

I am a NYC sandhog and always preferred tunnel work  since i truly love it. But after this last big tunnel job ended two years ago there has been no work.  So I transferred my union book to the trades above ground for a change.  its been nice and it allows me to also run my small business.  
  

That's pretty cool, sounds like a great gig!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Here's an interesting map of US spread

960x0.gif?fit=scale

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

960x0.gif?fit=scale

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Things in States are getting really bad unfortunately. In my country - Easter Europe Bulgaria situation is looking better - we are about 7 mil people and we have till now 338 infected and 8 people are death, but we are under quarantine from two full weeks. Only food store and pharmaceuticals are working. Everyone who can work home office and we have restrictions to ride between different cities. Unfortunately is almost the same with riding Quads. Last time we ride was two weeks ago and for now we don't have any idea when will be possible to ride again.

Stay Safe and Healthy guys and lets hope that this virus will be gone soon and will let us continue live our lives.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Asen_77 said:

Things in States are getting really bad unfortunately. In my country - Easter Europe Bulgaria situation is looking better - we are about 7 mil people and we have till now 338 infected and 8 people are death, but we are under quarantine from two full weeks. Only food store and pharmaceuticals are working. Everyone who can work home office and we have restrictions to ride between different cities. Unfortunately is almost the same with riding Quads. Last time we ride was two weeks ago and for now we don't have any idea when will be possible to ride again.

Stay Safe and Healthy guys and lets hope that this virus will be gone soon and will let us continue live our lives.

Thank for sharing, its good to hear from someone not in North America on how its going and how their country is handling it. I think a full lock down is the only way to stop spread and its crucial for countries that share borders, to not have a scenario like what is going on in Italy. In the US, some states are larger that some countries and should follow something similar in my opinion. Trump wanted to do this with the New York City metro area but was confronted with opposition, so instead we got a travel advisory last night:

CDC Issues Domestic Travel Advisory for New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut

Due to extensive community transmission of COVID -19 in the area, CDC urges residents of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut to refrain from non-essential domestic travel for 14 days effective immediately.

New York City is a "hot spot", neighboring state Rhode Island is even knocking on doors to see if anyone is from NY and "hiding out"...

Rhode Island begins door to door checks for New Yorkers fleeing coronavirus

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

Yep seen that.  They has an outside booth set up in tye back but I guess maybe people weren't showing up?

 

No, orders to close down, they are seeking a waiver since the state trails remained opened.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i found out i already got covid 19 last xmas before they knew it was in the states..  brothers fam came down with a respiratory bug a month back or so and just found out they had it too..  of course theres all kinds of different strains of it but mine was just like the flu except more coughing for a week or so after i got over it..  theres wasnt as bad- just a cold really.  my grandmother (mid 80s and not in good health) just came down with it midweek of last week and got over it in 2 or 3 days using alternate meds (also how we can test if we've had it in the past).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Topics

    • By Rick Shropshire
      Happy New Year all! Remember not to operate any vehicles while under the influence, you could get busted or worse, you could get hurt or hurt someone else who's playing it safe and end up in jail. Have fun and be safe.
    • By Mudrecon
      If you're using a click n go 2 plow system how do you like them? Just installed one on a 500 King Quad along with a set of Commander XTR tracks and I'm lovin it
       
       

    • By bradley nelson
      Im cool with the police in my area so i can ride on public roads.
    • By Reece Bowen
      x   just bought this expedition 425 and the Speedo needle does not work. The lights work for the shift indcator. So is this an electronic Speedo or cable? Is there a way to fix it or will I have to replace the unit? Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...