Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Ajmboy

Coronavirus (COVID-19) and your ATV Life

9 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

We are hearing the city may get shut down by Wednesday. If so i will head upstate to do a little riding.  

That's interesting, I though they were saying that a couple of weeks ago also.

5 hours ago, JacobSlabach said:

i found out i already got covid 19 last xmas before they knew it was in the states..  brothers fam came down with a respiratory bug a month back or so and just found out they had it too..  of course theres all kinds of different strains of it but mine was just like the flu except more coughing for a week or so after i got over it..  theres wasnt as bad- just a cold really.  my grandmother (mid 80s and not in good health) just came down with it midweek of last week and got over it in 2 or 3 days using alternate meds (also how we can test if we've had it in the past).

How did you find out you had it? It's my understanding they are only now trying to develop a test for it to see if you had it and have immunity. We think we had it as well possibly, especially my two young daughters. 

4 minutes ago, Ajmboy said:

That's interesting, I though they were saying that a couple of weeks ago also.

How did you find out you had it? It's my understanding they are only now trying to develop a test for it to see if you had it and have immunity. We think we had it as well possibly, especially my two young daughters. 

all i can say is alternate meds...  and no it wasnt some voodoo witchcraft😆..  we just dont agree with how the medical field handles things so we've found ways to do it ourselves..  all natural and all that..  i havnt been to a hospital or standard doctors office since i split my head open when i was maybe 5 or 6

They kept saying it was going to shut down and we never received any official notice until today.   We are to make the work areas safe close up shop and shut down by Friday afternoon.  

1 minute ago, Frank Angerano said:

They kept saying it was going to shut down and we never received any official notice until today.   We are to make the work areas safe close up shop and shut down by Friday afternoon.  

we should get together a group and go riding 👍👍

• Like 1

Latest below from CNN. Here in the NY metro area, it just keeps spreading and spreading throughout he northeast.  This map really puts it in perspective...

Corona Virus Spread

COVID 19 Coronavirus spread

So my job finally decided to shut down on Tuesday based on the government issued emergency declaration.   I spent Monday and Tuesday shutting the project down, laying guys off and setting up there unemployment. I was instructed to send all air and gas back and completely lock the place down.  So this was all done by Wednesday and i stayed on site until today to make sure everything was proper.  The men thanked me as they were very concerned about the spread of this and it felt good knowing they were happy to have a few paid weeks off.  So i get an email today stating that my job is now considered essential work because some asshole engineers decided to write a letter stating that the work should go forward due to the structural concerns (none) and we should remain open!  
What a bunch of corporate dicks!!!  Its a high profile job and thats the only reason this is happening!! 
The unions aren't stepping in to my disbelief.  
So Monday we return to work while this thing peaks!! 

Sad, very sad.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

that's crazy, considering the number of folks affected in NYC alone.  stay away from folks - make it TEN feet away - wear gloves - wear a mask if have it and take it off only to eat, drink or curse the engineers - leave early if you can - strip to your skivvies in the garage - take a shower, then interact w/ family.

i haven't spent this much time with my boys in a LONG time and am enjoying it - received new solenoid from RM Stator today and installing it on king quad tonight w/ oldest son - wife and I going crazy w/ two man-sized teens fighting all the time but we'll look back on it and laugh.

my salary was reduced earlier this week - this is hitting people DEEP, man, but we'll pull through

• Sad 1

We will push through, thats for sure.  My kids are getting a little nuts but we are finding ways to keep them busy/happy and some funny stuff.  
On a side note i have to say the time spent at home has been priceless. I really am enjoying time with the family and the wife! Yes i said wife!!! We have been having a good time laughing, joking and some binge watching (Ray Donovan btw).  We took a look back at photos of out 17 year marriage and laugh how corny we were.  But its almost like a reset for a minute.    
Im happy and sad at the same time! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

So my job finally decided to shut down on Tuesday based on the government issued emergency declaration.   I spent Monday and Tuesday shutting the project down, laying guys off and setting up there unemployment. I was instructed to send all air and gas back and completely lock the place down.  So this was all done by Wednesday and i stayed on site until today to make sure everything was proper.  The men thanked me as they were very concerned about the spread of this and it felt good knowing they were happy to have a few paid weeks off.  So i get an email today stating that my job is now considered essential work because some asshole engineers decided to write a letter stating that the work should go forward due to the structural concerns (none) and we should remain open!  
What a bunch of corporate dicks!!!  Its a high profile job and thats the only reason this is happening!! 
The unions aren't stepping in to my disbelief.  
So Monday we return to work while this thing peaks!! 

Sad, very sad.   

That is sad, stay safe a healthy!

4 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

We will push through, thats for sure.  My kids are getting a little nuts but we are finding ways to keep them busy/happy and some funny stuff.  
On a side note i have to say the time spent at home has been priceless. I really am enjoying time with the family and the wife! Yes i said wife!!! We have been having a good time laughing, joking and some binge watching (Ray Donovan btw).  We took a look back at photos of out 17 year marriage and laugh how corny we were.  But its almost like a reset for a minute.    
Im happy and sad at the same time! 

Enjoy the time with family! I think everyone could use this type of pause because we forget what's important and how fast time flies by, at least I do.. I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home for now, but my wife is getting fur-lowed, so she'll be signing up to unemployment in a week or so. My kids are making the best of it as well, good thing we have internet and tv!!! The weather is breaking so we'll be going outside more. I also just renewed my fishing license online last night and will try to get out there a bit with this down time, on one of the reservoirs.

• Like 1

Our place will be shutting down next week for 2 weeks. They are going to pay us normal rate. Since I am maintenance, Im sure they will bring us in to do work while the lines are down. Hopefully get a few extra days off during this time. Ive just been walking and flying the drone, good time of year for this since the leaves are still not on the trees.

Mike

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

@mikeexplorer i was looking at the drone you recommend and it looks great. I figured it would be a good time to buy and learn.   Unfortunately it wont ship here until April 24th to May 1st 😢.  

That sucks, could use the time to learn and fly.