Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

zacdog

Polaris 500 Predator I need some help!!!

We just got a Polaris 500 Predator yesterday, and today it started missing really bad, and there was a significant amount of oil in the air filter box. No smoke is coming out of the exhaust. Please help as to what you think it might be!!!

I have no Idea what these bikes are......

Soooo,,,,Answerer some questions for me first....

2 or 4 Stroke.....????

Stock Air Filter?????

What Color is the oil???

What is your Idea of Significant????

Was the Plug Fouled at all???

Is there a Breather in your Air box that is plugged?????

Did you Ride any Prolonged Wheelies???

Was it Stored on the ASS END????

OK, we found out what it was...We need a new air filter:confused: We ran it without it for a few minutes up the road without the air filter, and it ran like a scalded dog, which is more like it.:yes:

Hey guys, sorry it took so long to respond. It was a stock filter, but now we have a K&N. The oil in the airbox was because the motor oil was over full, and the overflow tube goes to the airbox. Thanks for all the comments anyway!:wink:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ajmboy
      Got my Yamaha Grizzly buttoned up finally and went for a quick 2 hour ride in the power lines with my neighbor, who has a Yamaha Kodiak. We have access from his yard, which is nice. Was a beautiful day today to get out and will try to go more often. Ran into two other quad riders with a sportsman and I think grizzly. Also ran into a dirt bike rider. 😎

• By colin james
      View File 2018/2019 Polaris Sportsman XP 850/1000 Service Manual
      This is the factory service manual for the 2018/2019 Polaris Sportsman XP 850/1000
      Submitter colin james Submitted 08/01/2019 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By Jeremy Morris
      If you're getting that pesky leaky seal on the pinion of your front differential and the pinion has allot of play, polaris won't sell the bushing needed to repair it properly without having to shell out big bucks for the complete ring and pinion kit. 
      I have a kit with an upgraded bushing, Japanese made bearing and USmade seal
      50 shipped in the US and 55 to Canada

• By Chase Cook
      I have a Polaris sportsman 500 and I just replace the piston in rings and head gaskets on it and I made sure the timing was exactly right it's getting gas and fire but it still won't start. It sounds like it has low compression but at the same time it sucks in air pretty good from the intake. Also the valves are adjusted to spec. It did start the first time I installed the Piston and Rings but it only stayed running for 5 seconds with starting fluid and then it shut off and then I tried to turn on the next day and it didn't do nothing and I've been going at it for three weekends now and it still ain't doing nothing. I wonder if i set the timing off a little or a lot if it would start up, because I inline the crankshaft sprocket with the crankcase timing line like it said in a manual and the two points on top of the cam sprocket to top dead center of the piston. I even took the spark plug out and stuck a camera light in there to make sure it was top dead center and it still won't do anything. AlsoI drain the carburetor some and shut d fuel petcock off to see if it was getting too much gas and that still isn't the problem. And where I live all the darn mechanics that work on Polaris ATVs are booked for two weeks which sucks and I need hope immediately or I'm just going to set the ATV on fire because I'm getting very frustrated with this crappy brand. Every other name brand ATV I worked on I got it running right and I replace the piston, rings and everything etc, and they started up fine. But this is starting to get very frustrated and I don't know who to talk to who had this problem before, who "don't have to come look at it". Cuz when they say that that means you're not going to come look at it until 2-4 Weeks later because there booked, which I don't have time for. Living in northern part of Florida sucks.