Quantcast

Anyone getting stuff done at home?

21 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

Very cool.  Nice job on looming all the wires together.  
Clean work, @mikeexplorer, my friend has something along those lines and he built a shelf that runs along the entire first floor of his office building that the train runs on. Its about 8 feet in the air and goes through walls etc.   

I have an around the wall layout in my living room. Once I complete my programming project, I am going to transfer this to the wall layout. I also did a wall layout for my now deceased uncle in his bar.

https://www.nepaview.com/the-wall-mount-counstruction.html

https://www.nepaview.com/a-second-wall-mount.html

Mike

The weather sucks here too. Cold and rainy every other day!!! All my work has been inside except for the yard.   I picked up a nice fridge today from a neighbor that had one in his garage. I told him i was going to buy a freezer chest for the garage. (Mine sh** the bed). He said he has a nice fridge in the garage wrapped up and to take it.   I help him out a lot so he insisted and said he's not and will not use it.  We are hearing a lot about the meat processing plants are closing down due to a ton of employees getting sick.  So no pork, bacon 🥓 or ribs, beef plants as well so I'm stocking up on as much as i can right now.   Oh and beer 🍺 too!

4544E99B-3700-46FD-BDC6-89212696B057.jpeg

71A30266-BB79-4858-BFEA-CA6D08C33ABC.jpeg

For me there is almost no work done yet at home as in Sweden there isn't really a "lockdown" so every day it is still at work. Also winter isn't gone completely yet so we will need to wait for the snow to disappear before we can actually get some work done around the house and garden. 

I heard about no quarantine over there.  How are things as far as cases? 
We actually had some snow here in the upper elevations (Catskills).  I have gotten a ton of things done here and realized it should not have taken a pandemic to finally getting around to do this stuff.  But it is what it is i guess. I hope everyone is staying safe. Going to post some pics of how anal we are getting here with the sh** we are doing.  

• Like 1

In the Southern part of Sweden there are quite a lot of cases. People are living much closer to each other. In our region there are about 20 cases but here we live much further apart. So basically we already had "social distancing" All shops do provide gloves and alcohol cleaner at the entries. All though not really strict rules all people are cautious.

• Like 1

I got quarantined for two weeks and did end up getting some projects done. I finished the flooring int the master bedroom closet that I hadn't gotten around to since we moved in a year and a half ago. I got the table saw finally all setup and running in the garage. Got the kid's 110cc atv running again (that's a whole other story) uh, let's see. I converted my office into a little bit of a studio to record replacement Sunday School lessons for our young adult group at church. Filled in some more of the stone path. Broke the riding mower's blade bearing housing... lucky that's an easy swap out and just a $20 part.... It has felt like I got more done than I normally would have. Now I'm back to climbing poles again so less project time. Saw some good work done in those photos!

I am hearing a lot of stories about people getting things done at home! This is a good thing people!! After all this is done we don't have the wives asking us to get it done any longer !!!! Lol 😂 That = plenty of riding time!!!

Just got a few minutes from a few hellish days at work and i see the QC community has been busy! Nice to see all the activity! 

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2020 at 1:51 PM, Ajmboy said:

o do list:

• Landscaping, need some excavator work, drainage
  • Power wash deck and stain/water proofing 
  • Fix my quad...
  • Fix my aerator quad attachment (ordered new bar)
  • Aerate and seed grass, fertilize, etc.
  • Cut some rock in my driveway
  • Re-plant some smaller pine trees
  • Get a dumpster and clean out my garage (has a lot of construction debris from our addition last year)
  • New bathroom in addition (still studs/bare and holding off for financial reason to see what happens with work and corona-virus)
  • Fix water leaking inside our Chevy equinox
  • Clean basement gym, clean off treadmill and bike...get into some exercising!
  • Build a minnow tank in my garage and order online for fishing

Can cross off a few things...just filled a 20 yard dumpster these past few days. Pretty much done with that today

Decided against the minnow tank, will just fish with what I can or catch some...

Had my friend over and did some excavator work and tree replanting around teh yard, but he has to come back, so I won't mark that as done.

Water inside my equinox might be fixed, not sure. Put tape around the sunroof and seems to have gotten better although I'm still drying her out and no new puddles. Still testing.

Gotta get the quad going next and get the awn seeded and aerated.

Nice!! I am still going strong finding extra sh** to do ! 
I did the pantry over for wife, it looks like a grocery store! New shelves and paint and a piece of commercial carpet i had in the garage.   
Started to change the interior doors now to six panel type.  
(A few pics attached) 
I ordered a fire pit, its on the way for the backyard. 
I have an old air conditioner that goes through the wall i have to rip out this weekend and close up and that's about it! 
Cant do the front of the house over yet with the crazy weather happening right now.  Need steady 50's and above and no frickin rain!

485EDE47-827C-4718-A774-06BDF2CF619F.jpeg

06D557DB-DB30-433C-9FF6-16B1B27D8E9F.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkinAR said:

I got a half flat bed load of wood dropped off yesterday...so I guess this afternoon we'll be building a deck.  Looks like it's going to be warm and sunny here though, so it's a good day to work outside.

Take before and after pics!

@Frank Angerano Looks good! I see you have ramons noodles, a must. I also see you have children's motrin which we do as well but I read that all ibuprofins like motrin and advil can have an adverse reaction with coronavirus so we also have children's tylenol. Sucks because I think my oldest gets a bit of a rash from tylenol.

Yes sir @Ajmboy, Motrin and Tylenol are a must have. We have been making it a point to keep this thing stocked and rotating as a standard from now on even after this is all over.  We should have done this years ago. I have always had the chest freezer but having the bigger fridge instead is a home run. Allows me to store more beer 🍺  My daughter loves the Ramin, don't  know why but she does for a few years now. 
This pantry thing is new to us so we are trying to perfect it.  We always kept minimal and ran out to the store. Those days are over. My daughter also reacted to certain meds but not any more.  So far so good with not having to use it thank god! Knock on wood. 
@MarkinAR decks are fun! Be sure to post pics. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on my lawn the past week, fertilized, first cut and dug some drainage. Planted some new trees as well. Need to finish some excavating work in my backyard but my buddy, who does my excavating and tree work, got busy with work now so looking at renting a kubota backhoe to get it done. 

• 4 weeks later...

Updated to do list from an earlier post...

• Landscaping, need some excavator work, drainage
  • Power wash deck and stain/water proofing 
  • Fix my quad...
  • Fix my aerator quad attachment (ordered new bar)
  • Aerate and seed grass, fertilize, etc.
  • Cut some rock in my driveway
  • Re-plant some smaller pine trees
  • Get a dumpster and clean out my garage (has a lot of construction debris from our addition last year)
  • New bathroom in addition (still studs/bare and holding off for financial reason to see what happens with work and corona-virus)
  • Fix water leaking inside our Chevy equinox (identified as sunroof, need a new seal)
  • Clean basement gym, clean off treadmill and bike...get into some exercising! 
  • Build a minnow tank in my garage and order online for fishing     Decided against this