Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

prfctstrm166

05 sportsman lacks power

While out on the trial today, I was helping another rider get unstruck and when i was done, my day was over. See the entire electrical system seems to have craped out on me. When i look in the owners manual it says to reset the circuit breaker but thats my prob, where the heck is the thing to reset? And if it is not the breaker what else could it be. Thank for any help anyone can give.

While out on the trial today, I was helping another rider get unstruck and when i was done, my day was over. See the entire electrical system seems to have craped out on me. When i look in the owners manual it says to reset the circuit breaker but thats my prob, where the heck is the thing to reset? And if it is not the breaker what else could it be. Thank for any help anyone can give.

Are you registered at Polaris to view the parts manuals?

Polaris ATV User Sign On

Most manufacturer websites have some sort of parts section and manuals.

No i haven't yet but thanks for the heads up. If i may where are you located at in NJ? The only reason i ask is that is where i am from also.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By colin james
      View File 2017-2019 sportsman 450/570 with eps factory service manual
      This  is the factory service manual for the 2017-2019 factory service manual for the sportsman 450/570 with electronic power steering 

Submitter colin james Submitted 09/06/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By oxidized_black
      Owners Manual - Kazuma Falcon 150 ATV Owners Manual

• By Arnold Schimberg
      Hi Guys
      I have 88 4trax FW , it has a booster circuit
      In the cdi control fed from a leg in the alternator. 
      MY Honda service manual says you will get no spark without this circuit on this model. 
      Can someone explain a little about this please ?    Thanks
    • By Ajmboy
      View File 1986-2006 Kawasaki Bayou 300 Service Manual
      This service manual is for a 1986-2006 Kawasaki Bayou 300.
      Adding to downloads library.
      Submitter Ajmboy Submitted 05/11/2018 Category Kawasaki ATV  
    • By v8unleashed
      I'm at a loss. I have a Bayou 250 I picked up a while back that SHOULD run, but won't. Overall it's in really good shape.

Initially thought it was a carb problem, so we played with the carb, and actually got it running at one point. Started up and idled repeatedly. Took it out of the garage and it had good power, ran strong. But halfway up the driveway, it cut out, and won't start up again. Carb seems to be fine, and it is certainly getting fuel. It won't start even with starting fluid.

Only thing I can think is the spark is too weak, or it's not sparking at the right time. Timing looks good. Valve clearance is good, everything inside looks mint. Changed plug, battery is good (on a charger). Checked ohms on the stator (within specs), the crank sensor (within specs), and the coil (within specs). Actually bought a donor bayou 220, and tried the coil and CDI from that. No change. I read somewhere the harness can get frayed somewhere along the frame, but I don't see anything obvious. Cleaned the main ground. Has good compression, over 140.

One interesting thing. Input from the battery to the CDI is 12v. Output from the CDI to the coil will rise to NEGATIVE 120 or so DC volts (not AC) when cranking, then slowly falls off. It's this way with both CDIs. Is that normal? Is it supposed to be negative voltage? The leads to the coil are different sizes, presumably to prevent reversing polarity, so it seems to be wired properly.

I'd appreciate any ideas, I really don't know where to go from here.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By petersty07
      Thanks to trent at trent signs and graphics for the awesome wrap!!
      [ame]
      [/ame]
    • By petersty07
      Thanks Trent at Trent Signs and Graphics for the awesome wrap!.
      [ame]
      [/ame]
    • By warkcol
      I am having an issue where it sounds like the gears are slipping if I hit the throttle really hard and also after letting off when the engine brake is applied. Also, the drive train that goes to the front also rides again the gear shift box. I will attach pictures and a video here shortly.
      Thanks in advance!
      [ame]
      [/ame]https://postimg.org/image/cdlu6fza9/
    • By bodatiouskid
      Have a 2002 Polaris Sportsman 700 that only has 34mi. on a carb & ring job.
      Cut the gas off today to drain carb.Now engine will not idle.If I open throttle will run,but let off & will cut off.Can screw idle in with no change.
      What happened? Why did this happen when fuel ran out?
      Please help me,my ATV is a daily driver.
      Please help!!
    • By buzzar56
      I am looking for a free repair manual for a 2003 Polaris sportsman 500 ho atv. all the posts on here lead me noplace
      thanks fred.