Quantcast

no bs lots of mods and a radar gun did 86 from the factory and there so held back stock its easy to get alot more speed

I just guessing that was with a back wind cause all the guys I ride with that have them say they top out in the low to mid 70's.....Which I would say is just about right and I would tend to believe that Since my 23 yr old Thumper Trike will do 68 and I can pretty much keep up with them on the Flats....

Stock HP for the Raptor is just about 33HP.....

Have you put your Bike on the Dyno?????

This is a Rappy after Several Mods....Apparently its all CT racing could get out of a Rappy...:huh:

putter%20and%20stock%20raptor.gif

Now,,,,,Im not saying with the Right Gearing you couldnt eventually get up to 120....Top speed is ALL about the Gearing.....

So Give it up.....Whats your Secrete???? All the Rappy owners are Listening.....Kinda like a E.F Hutten Commercial.....:wink:

im in memphis just got heer after 21 years in michigan. what altitude was that dyno at? that makes a ton of diff. stock hp for the 700 raptor at sea level is 45 hp. a dynatek programmable ignition is a major part of getting big numbers because the stock ecu cuts back the engine in 5th gear. good fuel controller, full exhaust, bigger tiers, higher gears, massive intake. and a light rider.

this isnt my dyno sheet this rapy is less moded than mine

315ej42.jpg

That was Actually a 660 Rappy Sheet I posted.....Wasnt sure what you had..........

Anyway,,,,,We can Type at each other all day about this and get no where......Why dont you start another Thread.....

List YOUR Sheet,,,,

Exact Specs of YOUR Bike How many miles it takes you to get up to 120 Etc, Etc.

Until then Im done with it....Unless you want to fess up and tell us it WAS in the back of the Truck:laugh:

im in memphis just got heer after 21 years in michigan. what altitude was that dyno at? that makes a ton of diff. stock hp for the 700 raptor at sea level is 45 hp. a dynatek programmable ignition is a major part of getting big numbers because the stock ecu cuts back the engine in 5th gear. good fuel controller, full exhaust, bigger tiers, higher gears, massive intake. and a light rider.

this isnt my dyno sheet this rapy is less moded than mine

315ej42.jpg

For some reason I just cant let it go.....LMAO!!!!

Altitude does not make a Difference if it is Jetted right.....Are you trying to say that if I were to take my Trike to a Oregon Dyno....Then take it to A Colorado Dyno....Jet For Altitude in Both places I would come up with Drastic Changes of HP?????? Come on!!!

dynatek programmable ignition is a major part of getting big numbers because the stock ecu cuts back the engine in 5th gear. good fuel controller, full exhaust, bigger tiers, higher gears, massive intake. and a light rider

Can you Break down the Differences over stock for each of these Mods????? Can you tell me exactly what everything does to the STOCK motor to make it Go 120MPH.... In my Old School Brain....they only thing I would need is Gearing

For some reason I am just not Seeing a Rappy at 120.....Ive done Close to that on my Street Trike.....It will get there Quick.....Where do you ride that you have that much room....Because I dont see that thing accelerating like my Trike.....

Here is some Realistic footage of a Quad going 120......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtVTf100l1Y]YouTube - gsx1000 quad vs 120mph banshee[/ame]

altitude DOES make a diff. b/c air density its denser at lower alt so you can get more o2 in the engine and make more power. takes less than 1/4 mile to get to speed.

here is a vid when i only had a slip-on exhaust, fuel controller, 2" oversize tiers and stock gears.

http://i34.tinypic.com/315ej42.jpg

1-that's not a video....

2-it only shows 60hp at 7000 rpms. doesn't say anything about speed.:huh:

altitude DOES make a diff. b/c air density its denser at lower alt so you can get more o2 in the engine and make more power. takes less than 1/4 mile to get to speed.

here is a vid when i only had a slip-on exhaust, fuel controller, 2" oversize tiers and stock gears.

http://i34.tinypic.com/315ej42.jpg

Altitude- Again this is an issue of air density. At sea level atmospheric pressure is around 15 psi and as the altitude increased the atmospheric pressure decreases. Because less pressure is exerted on a measured volume of air as the altitude increases the air molecules are able to relax and they take up more space leaving less space for additional molecules. The higher the altitude the less air in a measured volume and therefore less oxygen present so jetting will have to be leaned to compensate.

Again, temperature, altitude and humidity can be corrected therefor not an issue

I think you had you Radar Gun set to KPH. You are full of it. There is a thing called government regulations, so there for your STOCK raptor won't go as fast as you claim. Do you think were dumb? I rode a CR500 at 113MPH. You are NOT hitting 120. And don't try to talk about altitude. I ride in the Rocky Mountains at about 10,000 feet. My quad being jetted correctly gets the same HP that it would at sea level being jetted correctly. Find a site full of dummies and then you can impress them.

Hey Bot!!!!

I think we would appreciate it very much if you wouldnt Candy Coat your Posts:laugh:

Is this my warning?:frown::frown: I just think it's funny when people come on and their first post is trying impress everyone. There was some kid on another site that chimed in one day claiming his dad held the world record for speed on a quad, we responded with: so, OK, and... He was never heard from again. I happened to see the screen name on another site and he had people thinking he was god.

how about a little less talky and some more ACTION! shots... lol ill have some more action shots from the dunes after i get back in a couple weeks...

or if you want to CLAIM a speed you can hit on your quad, hasve a radar gun in the shot or the drag race actually post the speed and time.....otherwise, you're just blowing smoke.

Here you go.....I am playing with Locations for my Helmet Cam today......I want to mount it in a Semi-Permanent Spot......I dont think I have found the location yet though but never the less......Here is a short Vid of my Ventures today......

First location.....Front left A Arm.....Mic in Wind SUCKS......

Second......Left Passenger Handle....Mic not too bad......

th_SpyderCamOptions.jpg

I don't have the speed in the pic but this is me at 80 according to GPS. That is I-70 next to me, speed limit 75 and I was passing traffic.

Well Bot.....I hate to be the one to burst your bubble....But judging the pitch of the grass Stalks after you went by I am going to have to call BS.....I am an Authority on Grass Movement as I watch that stuff Blow in the Breeze all day.....It is my Professional opinion that you were only going 79.5 MPH and not the 80 you Claim.....:wink::huh::wink: