Quantcast

New project in the shop...another 300FW

Picked this beauty up for zero dollars this weekend. It has been passed around several of my son's friends and the last kid was just tired of tinkering with it.  Mostly complete 96 300FW. The pic is my boy robbing the swing arm and rear diff for his 300 for a big memorial weekend ride. Wiring is garbage at the battery, kick start doesnt work, no coil, smoked like cheech and chong when it ran last. I figure a couple hundred and a few hours and this will be ready to ride. Journey will be documented on Instagram at @martincyclellc if ya wanna follow along. 

20200521_201641.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@tnhomestead Thanks, those are Brute Force 750 wheels with the back two flipped around... BF was IRS.  I did quite a bit of prep to try and get the gold to stick, we'll see how it works out.  The idea here was to create a tribute to the 85/86 ATC250R, possibly the best looking ATC Honda created, IMHO.  You can see in the pic below the inspiration.

csteel_138_1-1024x748.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By McG75
      1996 4x4 Timberwolf rearend width. Can someone with some knowledge of these machines answer this question for me please. Are all 4x4 timberwolves this narrow in the rearend? These tires are so close the right one actually rubs the muffler.  Thinking about seeing if there are any spacers out there for it. I need at least an inch more clearance. 

• By p5200
      I'm assuming, it's alright to test the engine after adjusting valves without the rear axle installed? Can someone please verify this? I'm waiting on axle parts and wanting to get that done while waiting. Thanks! 🙂
    • By Old55
      Selling 1994 king quad.  $400.00 Complete quad. Engine is stuck. 
      Located in Highland Mi.  248 514 0888  Old55
    • By kawasig
      Hello All
      I'm kinda new to ATVs. I just bought a 1987 Suzuki quad runner 230 Dual Range. I'm having a problem finding info on it. It's very clean, only 2.800 miles. The front wheels are only 30 in.center to center. I was thinking about adding wheel spacers to give it more stability. I realize the added stress on ball joints and bearings. I'm wondering if there are any other concerns? Any input is greatly appreciated!
    • By beast6228
      It's been a long time since I have used a forum, I was the admin of one for quite a few years, had thousands of daily active members, with lots of crazy posts and spammers, so I salute the admins. Anyway, just waving my greasy hands, Hopefully I can help others out.