Quantcast

What ATV should I get?

800 Renegade can jump. You really should ride one. Had my friends about 12ft in the air with no worries.

Who let the feller in who likes to bash Polaris. I like Honda to, but I can bash the crap out of Honda if you like.:biggrin:

ahhh o wasnt aware of that.

thats cool.

makes me like them even more.

but come on people.

only the people who own raptors are saying they are the best trail quads.

ill be honest, i like yamaha and in no way im i being biased but the Polaris has so much more on it.

lighter,more power,IRS, ground clearance

WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?!

to teh guy buying,

you wont be disappointed with a raptor, but you could have it a little better with the Outlaw.

ahhh o wasnt aware of that.

thats cool.

makes me like them even more.

but come on people.

only the people who own raptors are saying they are the best trail quads.

ill be honest, i like yamaha and in no way im i being biased but the Polaris has so much more on it.

lighter,more power,IRS, ground clearance

WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?!

to teh guy buying,

you wont be disappointed with a raptor, but you could have it a little better with the Outlaw.

untill you have to take it back to the shop every other week.. and you figure out its slow...

im getting just about annoyed.

polaris's are just as reliable as anything else. excet honda, but thats not the point. only the EARLY model Polaris's had trouble with their belts and such.

the newer model outlaw 525's [by reviews everywhere] have not had any problems.

and NEWS FLASH the raptor is heavier. not by much but thats not the point..

raptor has pointless weight.

and your looking at 4.4 inches of ground clearance from the raptor vs. 11 INCHES from the outlaw.

its just all around better.

ill say it again. dont get me wrong. raptors are cool. but they arent all they are cracked up to be. they are overrated.

ok ok my fault then i missunderstood wat i was told about irs:no:. get one thing wrong and i get houmded for it.:realmad: wat ever doesnt matter but still i think u should go witha raptor 700 or a outlaw

Were just giving you a hard time. On a straight axle quad when you take a tight turn your inside rear wheel generally comes off the ground. Or you powerslide through it. On a quad with IRS, both rear wheels have a shock and can move independently. When you travel through a tight turn both wheels keep equal friction on the ground.

No offence intended BillyBuck. Just repeating what I heard from other owners. I've owned four Honda ATV's over the past several years, beat the heck out of them and never had any problems. I can't say the same about any other manufacturer....
No offence taken. Just stating my opinion. This fella who started this post is looking for options. What I mean is what works for you or I , my not work for somebody else. That is why they have more than one atv manufactor.

Also the Rincon is a blast to ride to.

I've had 6 different quads over the last five years and each has it's own personality. Guess it just depends on what type of riding you do.... The Outlaw is very innovative, but I'm still leaning towards the new Honda TRX 700. Anybody out there have one? Looks like Honda's answer to the Outlaw.

im getting just about annoyed.

polaris's are just as reliable as anything else. excet honda, but thats not the point. only the EARLY model Polaris's had trouble with their belts and such.

the newer model outlaw 525's [by reviews everywhere] have not had any problems.

and NEWS FLASH the raptor is heavier. not by much but thats not the point..

raptor has pointless weight.

and your looking at 4.4 inches of ground clearance from the raptor vs. 11 INCHES from the outlaw.

its just all around better.

ill say it again. dont get me wrong. raptors are cool. but they arent all they are cracked up to be. they are overrated.

so why did they have so many recalls.. one of them was because it would start on fire..

he is one of the recalls

Polaris : Vehicles : InTheNews : Polaris Industries Inc. Recalls ATVs Due to Risk of Injury to Riders

Outlaw 525

I"VE GOT IT: you can either buy a HONDA, or an Outlaw 525. However, if you buy the Outlaw, be sure to bring a fire extinguisher, tool kit and plenty of spare parts. I've owned a 2004 Honda 250, 2004 Rincon 600, and recently a 2006 Rincon 680. NEVER a breakdown, fire, spun bearing or any other problem. I don't care if it's a lawn mower, generator, car, motorcycle or ATV, HONDA ROCKS!

I"VE GOT IT: you can either buy a HONDA, or an Outlaw 525. However, if you buy the Outlaw, be sure to bring a fire extinguisher, tool kit and plenty of spare parts. I've owned a 2004 Honda 250, 2004 Rincon 600, and recently a 2006 Rincon 680. NEVER a breakdown, fire, spun bearing or any other problem. I don't care if it's a lawn mower, generator, car, motorcycle or ATV, HONDA ROCKS!

well said besides you forgot to throw yamaha in there also..

hahahaa.

ok.

let me see you list all the things that rappys have on outlaws.

go ahead.

Yamaha's will stay together better......I only know of a handfull of folks that have bought an outlaw in the last year and all of em have been into the motors at least three times in the last year replaceing pistons. One of our best friends just quit working at our local Polaris dealership and went back to our local Honda/Yamaha dealership....I could write a large book on all of the stuff that he showed me on brand new Polaris's just unloaded off of the truck and stuff missing/broken right from the factory :frown:

Hey Racegun, anybody you know talking about the new Honda TRX 700 sport quad with IRS? I ride a Honda Rincon 680 now, but want something a little lighter and faster. My only other choice would be the Raptor 700, but since I ride in the woods a lot, I would prefer the IRS.

Hey Racegun, anybody you know talking about the new Honda TRX 700 sport quad with IRS? I ride a Honda Rincon 680 now, but want something a little lighter and faster. My only other choice would be the Raptor 700, but since I ride in the woods a lot, I would prefer the IRS.

Nobody in our area has the TRX700 yet. For the record....I prefer a straight axle on a sport quad. The only quad that I have with a IRS is my Grizzly and I have rolled it several times and never had a problem with my straight axle sport quads on the same trails.

i think the honda 700 will be a kfx pretty much but with irs rear... way over weight and under powered for the weight...

According to the California Resources Board, the Honda TRX 700 outs 53 HP at the crank. This compares favorably with the Raptor 700 at 46.9, and the mighty KFX700 V Twin at 48.8. I'm sure that HMF will also come out with a nice pipe/ moffler combo with a Doback controller for the TRX 700. I put this combo on my Rincon 680 along with a free flow air filter, and it really worked well.