Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

What ATV should I get?

One thing about the fuel injected units is that you can buy a programer to control the air/fuel mixture. I installed a Doback controller on my Rincon which allowed me to program 5 different parameters. Great when your riding at 8,000 foot elevations like I do in the mountains, then come back down to the coast....

According to the California Resources Board, the Honda TRX 700 outs 53 HP at the crank. This compares favorably with the Raptor 700 at 46.9, and the mighty KFX700 V Twin at 48.8. I'm sure that HMF will also come out with a nice pipe/ moffler combo with a Doback controller for the TRX 700. I put this combo on my Rincon 680 along with a free flow air filter, and it really worked well.

you also have to keep in mind not all dyno's will produce the same #'s.. a stock bike on this dyno will read 46 and on that dyno it might read 49.. there are alot of different things that affect dyno readings.. altitude, humidity, temp, etc...

and also keep in mind that most bikes run lean from the factory to meet emmisions.. so aftermarket exhaust, filter, jets/controller will make a huge difference in any bike.. more air in and more air out + more gas = more power... also if you don't know if your bike is running lean or rich and easy way to tell is by a plug check.. throw a new plug in and run it for about 30-40 mins pull the plug when still hot and see what color it is around the bottom.. white= lean, black = rich, paper bag brown = right on the money...

Ok, Time to chime in.

To start, IRS is going to be key to my riding style and trails. Sure I could slow down and work my way through with a straight axle, but I don't wanna slow down. So we can throw the Raptor out the window and focus this thread on whether or not to get the Outlaw 525 IRS or the Honda TRX 700xx. I am currently leaning towards the Outlaw based on price, weight, and a slight ground clearance advantage not to mention the awesome graphics. Then watching videos of people ride both, it appears that it takes a bit more body english to control the TRX. The TRX has a small advantage or not depending on the trail, being a little smaller in width. The Outlaw has the advantage of a couple of years to work out the kinks in the IRS setup and bike package. Outlaw has a bigger gas tank hopefully giving a longer ride. Honda has a good reliability reputation.

These are my opinions, whats your two cents.....

Of the 2, I would pick the Outlaw. The TRX like you said is big and bulky. It is also a first year machine which usually means some kind of recall will come out and they haven't had time to work out the kinks.

Just for the record, if you know how to place your quad around obstacles you don't need to slow down on the rough spots.

Of the 2, I would pick the Outlaw. The TRX like you said is big and bulky. It is also a first year machine which usually means some kind of recall will come out and they haven't had time to work out the kinks.

Just for the record, if you know how to place your quad around obstacles you don't need to slow down on the rough spots.

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

im keeping this quote...

wow.

lol

I"VE GOT IT: you can either buy a HONDA, or an Outlaw 525. However, if you buy the Outlaw, be sure to bring a fire extinguisher, tool kit and plenty of spare parts. I've owned a 2004 Honda 250, 2004 Rincon 600, and recently a 2006 Rincon 680. NEVER a breakdown, fire, spun bearing or any other problem. I don't care if it's a lawn mower, generator, car, motorcycle or ATV, HONDA ROCKS!

In last months Quad magazine there is an article from a local here that uses nothing but polaris's now. It is so funny to me because the main reason he started using them is because they were the only ones that had Mossy Oak camo and Mossy Oak is one of his big sponsors.....the funny part is that I have heard this guy comment several times about how he never had any problems for yrs with his Honda's and how his Polaris's stay broken down.

• 9 months later...