Quantcast

13 ATVs Impounded from NJ wildlife Area ​🤔​

Saw this in the news...was this anyone here?????  🤔

13 ATVs and dirt bikes impounded from N.J. wildlife area. Riders face list of charges.

State officials charged several people with various violations and impounded their ATVs and dirt bikes last weekend from the Greenwood Forest Wildlife Management Area in Ocean County, authorities said.

Police officers with the state’s Fish and Wildlife Conservation were investigating illegal off-road vehicle use in the management area on Saturday, July 25 when two ATV riders tried to flee, officials said.

When officers caught up with them, they issued summonses for criminal obstruction, interference with the duties of a conservation police officer, and violations of wildlife management area use. The two ATVs were impounded, police said.

The next day, a group of ATV and dirt bike riders from northern New Jersey drove past several “NO ATV” signs posted in the wildlife area known as “clay holes.”

Clay holes, or “blue holes” are former gravel or sand mines filled with water. They are popular, although dangerous, destinations for teenagers and adults looking to beat the summer heat.

Officers issued summonses to the riders for illegally operating off-road vehicles and for driving unregistered vehicles. They also wrote tickets for illegal swimming, possession of alcohol and entering a restricted area.

In all, 13 ATVs and dirt bikes were impounded. The owners are facing fines starting at $274, and impound, towing and storage fees of at least $300, conservation police said.

In a statement, police said “only registered, insured, street-legal vehicles are permitted in Wildlife Management Areas. Vehicles may only be operated on established roads and parking areas.”

image.png.d72873aa2615efb4861d8de3856aed51.png

This is from: https://www.nj.com/ocean/2020/08/13-atvs-and-dirt-bikes-impounded-from-nj-wildlife-area-riders-face-list-of-charges.html 

Wow cracking down! I wonder what it was that sparked the whole thing.  Maybe littering or cutting trees I would guess environmental maybe related.  It also could be getting popular as well from a riding standpoint.  
I have a feeling ALL areas in which issuance of monetary fines can happen will happen.  The budgets  are Most likely shot across the board with every agency so how else/better way to get it?  The city is already seeing it with all agencies writing major violations.  Stop work orders etc.  I think everyone that reads this thread should take caution now riding on certain pieces of land or public roads.   

• Like 1

The city is out of control! They are literally combing the blocks looking to ticket someone.  I submitted a request for a new curb since it’s the city’s responsibility.  They came out and looked and said it will be done in the next 3-5 year plan. Btw there’s a crack in your sidewalk.  (Hairline crack I may add) and the city issued me a violation. If it’s not repaired in the next 90 days they will do it and bill me for it.  Lolol 

Hey @Ajmboy on the way back from lake George  I stopped at the property and pulled the camera cards.  Take a look. 

8393C9F9-E372-44E2-AEC3-1E8E111D7E74.jpeg

44661208-BA2B-4FEA-855C-96022C46C5B5.jpeg

7CADD288-DBCC-4B89-BEF4-B47AB058291E.jpeg

F5A1BE53-74A8-4693-A45F-BC62F35B3348.jpeg

BD0130A2-AE06-4E2D-A0C6-10483487CE0C.jpeg

5B7E9201-C688-4198-8A6C-9CC16B8AC292.jpeg

03CB92F9-A340-4BA2-97D7-A6A7E4E82D83.jpeg

A584DC2F-D552-4777-97C6-7F62E38A2AB0.jpeg

758C1764-2B41-4317-9738-79FCB22CEF13.jpeg

FDA7814E-F101-4BF3-A7A8-FE44F884128D.jpeg

• Like 2

A LONG time ago I got a ticket for riding on the side of the interstate on my snowmobile. If I wasn’t a Veteran the State Trooper said he was going to impound my sled and haul me to jail!  I couldn’t even imagine getting caught at a WMA!  They are going to make examples out of those poor dudes!

• Like 1

someone lost some $$$ there.. those dirtbikes and that scrambler to the left of the honda arnt cheap

question: what excatly does impound mean like they take ur quad then u have to buy it back? or is it like getting ur car towed if you parked in the wrong place or what?  dont have any personal experience with any of this lol

4 hours ago, JacobSlabach said:

someone lost some $$$ there.. those dirtbikes and that scrambler to the left of the honda arnt cheap

question: what excatly does impound mean like they take ur quad then u have to buy it back? or is it like getting ur car towed if you parked in the wrong place or what?  dont have any personal experience with any of this lol

usually you have to pay a fine to get it back out of the impound

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...