2020 Presidential Election Discussion Thread

2020 Presidential Election Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your choice for the next President of the United States

• Donald Trump (For Re-Election)
    • Joe Biden

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, JustRandy said:

Refusing to wear garlic around your neck is not freedom, it's selfish stupidity.

Wearing garlic around the neck is just as effective as masks, but it doesn't give anyone the false sense of security that masks provide because garlic around the neck is utterly ridiculous, therefore garlic around the neck is more effective than masks.

Also, garlic around the neck doesn't contribute to periodontal disease or pneumonia like masks do.

So either wear a necklace of garlic or you're killing grandma.  Exceptions can be made for those carrying a rabbit's foot.

Have fun in your alternate universe  Randy.  Your posts  illustrates perfectly what is wrong  with so  many  that the pandemic is still as bad as it is.

1 hour ago, davefrombc said:

Have fun in your alternate universe  Randy.  Your posts  illustrates perfectly what is wrong  with so  many  that the pandemic is still as bad as it is.

I just posted a chart showing the pandemic is not bad at all.  Deaths are way down independent of the vaccine.

The only pandemic remaining are the Karens.

4 hours ago, davefrombc said:

That is what has the medical community so  scared of it and so frustrated people don't recognize the danger it poses and refuses to  mask up  or get the vaccines..

Here, the recommendation is that both unvaccinated and vaccinated should mask up if indoors because you can still transmit and can get sick even if vaccinated. So many people threw their masks away after the shot thinking they were good to go and now have to put one back on. Biden told everyone to ditch the mask if fully vaccinated. It’s like being a weatherman, accuracy of the forecast is not a necessity…lol. 

59 minutes ago, quadmaniac said:

Here, the recommendation is that both unvaccinated and vaccinated should mask up if indoors because you can still transmit and can get sick even if vaccinated. So many people threw their masks away after the shot thinking they were good to go and now have to put one back on. Biden told everyone to ditch the mask if fully vaccinated. It’s like being a weatherman, accuracy of the forecast is not a necessity…lol. 

That is the recommendation here too.  There has been a surge in  new infections here among the unvaccinated so the  mask up mandate  has bee  ordered for  all again. The damn Delta  variant  is managing to  infect  approximately 30%  of those with either one shot  or both although the vaccinated victims  have much milder cases.  I don't know of any vaccinated ones in B.C. that have  got the Delta strain being serious enough to  need hospitalization.  Your  chart is  junk  Randy.  It is  classic misinformation from the  ERW.   I know your mind is made up  and nobody's going to confuse you with facts .  As I said before, enjoy your alternate  universe.

31 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

a surge in  new infections here among the unvaccinated

The CDC claims some 95% of covid infections resulting in hospitalization are occurring among the unvaccinated, but they’re using data from January through June 2021 when most of the public were unvaccinated.  Looking at more recent data, we’re finding that the majority of cases and hospitalizations are actually occurring among the vaccinated, probably simply because there are more vaccinated people than not.

33 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

Your  chart is  junk  Randy.  It is  classic misinformation from the  ERW.

No, my chart is from UBS, an investment bank who are the same group of elites pushing the vaccine.

37 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

I know your mind is made up  and nobody's going to confuse you with facts .

I admitted I was wrong and you were right before.  I even came back and made a big point of it.  Where is your evidence that my mind cannot be changed?

All you have to do is explain why masks stop one 120 nm ball, but not another 120 nm ball.

Or you could refute the plethora of studies going back 100 years showing that masks make no difference.  https://swprs.org/face-masks-evidence/

My mind can be changed but you're not going to do it by calling me names, claiming I'm in an alternate universe, or my charts are from ERW as if that would mean anything.

Masks stop aerosols.  Not completely , but most of them.  It does not stop the virus particles themselves , but the  droplets of moisture that carry them.. You are not talking about nanoparticles as in the virus itself , but the far larger moisture , spit or whatever else you want to call it .. When both the person exposed to the carrier and the carrier are masked up , considerably more of the virus carrying  spray is stopped .. Masks are not perfect . Nothing short of a solid barrier with stop all the spray .   Masks REDUCE the risk , not eliminate it. One mask reduces it, the second mask reduces it even more , and  the physical distancing adds even  more protection as the distance causes the largest ,most heavily loaded spray. to  fall before it can reach the victim.  If masks don't work , why  do  doctors and others wear them in the OR?  When you deny  the science of the 98%  and  post the crap from the 2% you  can expect me to "call you  names".  When you deny the science  and refuse to believe  the news from  legitimate sources ,  you are in an  alternate  universe.  Over 600,000 Americans have died  from the damn  COVID.  That is a fact. The  vaccines were developed at a record pace.  Not because corners were cut  but because modern  medicine  has advanced far more than it was even just a few years ago.

No protection  is perfect as  can be shown  in my son-in-law  who  followed all protocalls as a paramedic and still was infected by the Delta variant despite having had 2 Pfizer shots.  My daughter who  had one Pfizer shot and one Moderna shot tested negative for the virus despite sharing a bed with  her husband.  That might be something for researchers to look into  if they haven't already ,  and I would be very surprised  if they haven't.  Maybe mixing and matching vaccines offer  even  greater protection than  a double dose of a single vaccine.

If you're in a community with a very low infection rate, and few serious or fatal  ones, consider yourself very lucky .. I am  not.  When  you look at the state by state data on the  pandemic it should  also  give you a clue. The states with the most serious problem with  it  are the states with the lowest vaccination rate and the most deniers .  In my humble opinion   Governors like DeSantis should be charged with negligent  homicide with their orders against  masks  and refusal to acknowledge   how serious the COVID-19  is.

30 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

Masks stop aerosols.  Not completely , but most of them.

Explain how my eyes are deceiving me:

I don't see most aerosols being blocked.  I don't even see some aerosols being blocked.

Anyway, none of that addresses why masks work for one 120nm ball, but not another 120nm ball.

Where dd the flu go?  Why did masks work on flu, but not covid?

The answer is because they called flu cases covid cases.  And the masks didn't work on either.

33 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

When both the person exposed to the carrier and the carrier are masked up , considerably more of the virus carrying  spray is stopped

Then why doesn't that fact manifest in the efficacy studies?  Why do masks not make any difference in community transmission?  https://swprs.org/face-masks-evidence/

34 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

Masks REDUCE the risk , not eliminate it.

Masks may reduce the risk, but the reduction is so small that it is not measurable.  That's why masks make no difference in transmission.  But then you add the false sense of security plus the compulsion to fiddle with the mask incessantly and it's obvious that masks have the opposite effect of making pandemic worse.

37 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

If masks don't work , why  do  doctors and others wear them in the OR?

To stop bacteria.  It says right on the box that masks do not stop viruses.

Even though cold temps favor viruses, hospitals are still cold because the cold hampers bacteria and it's easier to dehumidify cold air than hot air.  It's easier to stop bacteria than viruses, so that's what hospitals do.  Stopping viruses is hopeless without pressurized suits.

38 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

When you deny  the science of the 98%  and  post the crap from the 2% you  can expect me to "call you  names".

But when you call me names you only make your position look bad.  And 98% of the evidence is in my favor, not yours.  https://swprs.org/face-masks-evidence/

40 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

When you deny the science  and refuse to believe  the news from  legitimate sources ,  you are in an  alternate  universe.

That's what they said about Galileo for denying geocentrism.  He was imprisoned for denying legitimate sources. 

Ignaz Semmelweis was mocked, ridiculed and imprisoned for recommending hand washing before surgery because it offended the legitimate sources.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignaz_Semmelweis

You can't see you're practicing religion while denying evidence?  As soon as you say "legitimate sources" you are practicing religion, not science.

42 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

Over 600,000 Americans have died  from the damn  COVID.  That is a fact.

WITH covid.  Not FROM covid.  Heck, we can't even say most died with covid since the test is flawed.  Most died of bacterial pneumonia, probably nosocomial infections from the hospitals.

"hospital-acquired bacterial or fungal infections were frequently complicating the course among ICU patients." https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33461613/

"Although uncommon upon admission, bacterial infections frequently occurred in patients with prolonged hospitalization"  https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33934980/

A hospital did a study of its covid ICU patients.  Of 19 patients, 18 died.  Of the 18 who died, 17 died of bacteria found only in hospitals.  The other one who died had MRSA, which is antibiotic resistant bacteria commonly associated with hospitals. https://bmcinfectdis.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12879-020-05374-z

So of the 19 covid patients in ICU, zero died from covid.  18 died from the hospital.

In 1918, the great pandemic that killed 50 million people, 98% of them actually died of bacterial pneumonia, not influenza virus.  That's why a pneumonia vaccine was developed (which I recommend taking btw).

There are facts.  Will you call me names and ignore me because that's all you have?  Or will you show me where I'm wrong?

54 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

my son-in-law  who  followed all protocalls as a paramedic and still was infected by the Delta variant despite having had 2 Pfizer shots.

Then you admit none of the protections make a difference.

55 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

The states with the most serious problem with  it  are the states with the lowest vaccination rate and the most deniers .

They are also hot southern states.  Ohio is a red state and is not having a big spike in cases like Florida.

I predicted back in the spring that the summer would be bad for southern states because of the heat and I predicted that the media would blame Republicans and anti-vaccination instead of the heat.

I'm not sure why, but covid erupts when it's really hot or really cold.  I figured it was because most people stay indoors when it's hot or cold then go outside when it's temperate (spring and fall).

That's why I say covid will decline into september (when it's cooler) and come back in the winter (when it's cold).  This winter will be worse than last winter because the vaccine doesn't work and the variants are more transmissible.  Plus the flu.

You want to see for yourself how masks work?. Go into a walk in freezer with a friend , or in colder climates go  outside in sub freezing temperatures .. Note the fog of your breath without a mask, and then  again with a mask.   let's say   a  poor mask  only  reduces the droplets of moisture in your breath by 50%;  and   the mask  of the  other only  blocks 50%  of the moisture when they breathe in.  The  one breathing in is only getting  25% of the contamination of an  unmasked pair of people .

A normal  immune system   can  deal with  a minimum  of foreign invaders even  without the protection a vaccine  gives ..  After  a certain  amount  the invaders overwhelm the system an it breaks down..  Think of it as a military watch on a border.  The  minimum  unit  can   stop a small number of  insurgents,  but a  large army of invaders will ove4whelm them .  Vaccines  give the immune system   clues to  identify those raiders early and superior weapons and reinforcements to  hold them  off.

Protections  make a big difference , but they don't offer complete protection 100%  of the time.  No  matter how you look at it ,  some protection is better than  none.  Deny  fact and the medical  community recommendations all you want . It doesn't change them .  Stupidity kills.  Sometimes an  innocent victim  of the stupid one , and sometimes the  fool  himself.

2 hours ago, davefrombc said:

You want to see for yourself how masks work?

I've always known how masks work because I've tried using them in roofing or installing insulation or mowing the lawn and they are utterly worthless which is why I bought a respirator 30 years ago, but that doesn't filter exhaled air so it doesn't protect anyone from me, plus it's big and cumbersome, hot and sweaty.

Masks won't even stop fiberglass floating in the air because they never fit tight enough to my face unless I use one hand to hold it tight against my face, but that only leaves one hand to work.

Anyway, a smoke particle is 10x bigger than a virus so if you could smell someone smoking while wearing a mask then you know you will be inhaling any virus particles just like smoke particles.  Go to a cigar shop and see if you can smell smokers while wearing a mask.  Or start a camp fire and see if you can smell the smoke.  If you can, then your mask isn't protecting anyone.

A normal  immune system   can  deal with  a minimum  of foreign invaders even  without the protection a vaccine  give

Yes you are right.  The illness is dose-dependent: the more virus you encounter, then worse the illness will be which is why I think wives get hit harder than husbands because the husband likely brings it home after receiving a small dose and introduces a higher concentration of virus to her.  Healthcare workers also get hit especially hard because they receive a higher dose being in close, prolonged contact with patients.

I've read that even rabies is likely to be an aborted infection if there are not enough rabies viruses injected in order to find a nerve by virtue of numbers before the viruses die.  It also matters where the bite is on the body because the more nerves (like a finger) means it's easier for the virus to find one.  Once the virus finds a nerve, there is no treatment and death will follow.

Vaccines  give the immune system   clues to  identify those raiders

Yes, but when the virus mutates the vaccine is worthless which is why we need a new flu vaccine every year and why no flu vaccine has ever been more than 50% effective (average is 30%).  Keep in mind also that flu vaccines are whole-virus vaccines which are better than mrna vaccines.

And vaccines drive the mutation because it provides a selection mechanism for the virus to evolve.  The vaccines selects for viruses that can evade the vaccine.  The viruses that get stopped by the vaccine will go extinct while the ones that find a way around the vaccine will proliferate.

Evolution only works if it's opposed.  Stop fighting it and evolution will stop working.

So if we let the virus circulate freely it will fizzle out, but if we fight it then it will only get more virulent.

And the vaccine only trains the immune system to identify one aspect of the virus: the spike protein.  Natural immunity trains the immune system to recognize all aspects of the virus so the virus would have to change all aspects of itself in order to fool the immune system, but with the vaccine the virus only needs to change the spike protein and the immunity is worthless.  That's why whole-virus vaccines are better than mrma vaccines.

some protection is better than  none.

Insignificant protection is not better than none because it conveys a false sense of security which puts people at increased risk because they think they are protected when they really are not.

Imagine if helmets didn't protect the head, but people thought they did.  Imagine how many more injuries would result if riders took extra risks thinking a fragile helmet would protect them.

On top of the false security, masks compel people to touch them constantly.  I was talking to a veterinarian and he was adjusting his mask probably 50 times because it kept falling off as he talked.  And watch how much Biden fiddles with his mask while he talks.  Biden is the nastiest unclean person I've ever seen.  He coughs into his hand like a toddler after numerous people have told him to stop doing that.

And people wearing masks make me want to vomit.  I can't look at them for long.  It's like concentrated bad breath festering on what looks like undergarment fabric strapped to their face.

3 hours ago, davefrombc said:

Deny  fact and the medical  community recommendations all you want .

You mean the medical community that said washing hands before surgery is ridiculous?

When will you learn that appeals to authority are religion?

If I say it's raining, then all you know is that I said it's raining.  The only way for you to know if it's raining is to go look for yourself.

Here's a video on why syphilis turned virulent.  It should be queued up to the right time.

In native societies syphilis can circulate easily so it's not terribly bad, but in modern societies where people wear clothes syphilis must mutate to survive so it turns more virulent.

Likewise with covid: the harder we make it for it to survive then the more virulent it will become.

Before you take that flawed documentary  at face value you might want to read this  from the NIH.  There are also other studies that put the lie to that video.

By the way,  Galileo  believed as the  church told him until  he  saw  the evidence that proved doctrine wrong . The church refused to accept the truth despite what they could see. Their minds were made up . It went against their doctrine and the Bible as they saw it  so it was rejected and Galileo  was persecuted for presenting the facts . A perfect example of a man allowing the evidence to  change his mind and perception compared to the closed minds of the "true believers".

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3956094/

8 hours ago, davefrombc said:

Galileo  believed as the  church told him until  he  saw  the evidence that proved doctrine wrong .

And why can't you follow in his steps instead of ignoring the evidence?

In our systematic review, we identified 10 RCTs that reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the community from literature published during 1946–July 27, 2018. In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks (RR 0.78, 95% CI 0.51–1.20; I2 = 30%, p = 0.25).  Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.  https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

We included 15 randomised trials investigating the effect of masks (14 trials) in healthcare workers and the general population and of quarantine (1 trial). We found no trials testing eye protection. Compared to no masks there was no reduction of influenza-like illness (ILI) cases (Risk Ratio 0.93, 95%CI 0.83 to 1.05) or influenza (Risk Ratio 0.84, 95%CI 0.61-1.17) for masks in the general population, nor in healthcare workers (Risk Ratio 0.37, 95%CI 0.05 to 2.50).  https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.30.20047217v2

You may think it's common sense that masks work, but the evidence shows they make no difference.  Science is not based on common sense.  Things must be demonstrated with evidence.

So if masks do anything at all, the effect is so small that it's not meaningful.  Or perhaps the benefits are offset by the false sense of security or the compulsion to fiddle with the mask incessantly.  Either way, mandating people to wear masks results in no reduction in cases and contributes to adverse effects such as periodontis and pneumonia.

The church refused to accept the truth despite what they could see.

That's why I say you are practicing religion.  You've turned the government into the church and Fauci is the prophet.  You ignore evidence in favor of doctrine and decree.

read this  from the NIH.

It fairly irrelevant because it's obvious that antibiotics cause antibiotic resistant bacteria, herbicides cause herbicide resistant weeds, etc because anytime you begin fighting something you immediately begin selecting for those that can find ways around the measures used to fight it.

The 1918 flu virus was circulating in the population until the mid 1950s, yet didn't hurt anyone.  It spread so easily that there was nothing selecting for more virulent strains, so it fizzled out.  The same would apply to syphilis, covid, bacteria, weeds, and any form of life whatsoever.  So the debate about the origins of syphilis is completely irrelevant to how evolution operates.

Randy , It is amazing how you can continue to delude yourself with the crap the deniers  and conspiracy theorists put out while utterly refusing to believe anything legitimate sources  of science and medical information  put out.
Influenza A viruses are still with us in myriad strains. Some are harmless and others are deadly. The reason we haven't had another global pandemic from it is simply because now we have vaccines against  it that  must be "tweaked"  regularly  for the various   strains and we have anti-viral  medications that work on them, although not perfectly all the time .. Flu  still kills but thanks to the vaccines and anti-viral treatments available we haven't had a flu pandemic  like they had in 1918.  Thankfully  science and medical  knowledge  has increased exponentially  since then. The Corona  viruses are not the same as the influenza strains.  Vaccines developed to  treat  "Flu"  don't work on Corona strains.

On 8/24/2021 at 9:42 AM, davefrombc said:

It is amazing how you can continue to delude yourself with the crap the deniers  and conspiracy theorists put out while utterly refusing to believe anything legitimate sources  of science and medical information  put out.

^^^^ religion.

Yep, it's amazing how I can delude myself with demonstrable evidence while refusing to believe the state propaganda that you accept on blind faith.

That's just another means of calling me names.  Why not save space and just say I'm stupid?

Influenza A viruses are still with us in myriad strains

Because they come from ducks each year.  Coronaviruses come from bats, which humans have much less contact with than ducks.

Humans raise ducks and chickens, but not bats typically, so humans have been living with flu for millennia.

The reason we haven't had another global pandemic from it is simply because now we have vaccines against  it

False.  There were no flu pandemics, with the exception of 1918, before vaccines were invented.  Also the vaccine is 30% effective on average, so it can't be the reason there are no flu pandemics simply because the vaccine doesn't work.

My grandfather lived 96 years and only had the flu once back in the 1970s.  He was never vaccinated.

I know many old people who never had the flu nor the vaccine.  I'm the oddball in my family who always gets the flu despite never leaving the house in flu season.  I hibernate all winter each year to avoid the flu and I'm only 50% successful.   There is no one on this planet who has tried harder to avoid flu in the last decade than me, and I am only 50% successful at it.  Others go out and do everything wrong, but never catch it and the vaccine has nothing to do with their immunity.

18 minutes ago, JustRandy said:

^^^^ religion.

Yep, it's amazing how I can delude myself with demonstrable evidence while refusing to believe the state propaganda that you accept on blind faith.

That's just another means of calling me names.  Why not save space and just say I'm stupid?

Because they come from ducks each year.  Coronaviruses come from bats, which humans have much less contact with than ducks.

Humans raise ducks and chickens, but not bats typically, so humans have been living with flu for millennia.

False.  There were no flu pandemics, with the exception of 1918, before vaccines were invented.  Also the vaccine is 30% effective on average, so it can't be the reason there are no flu pandemics simply because the vaccine doesn't work.

My grandfather lived 96 years and only had the flu once back in the 1970s.  He was never vaccinated.

I know many old people who never had the flu nor the vaccine.  I'm the oddball in my family who always gets the flu despite never leaving the house in flu season.  I hibernate all winter each year to avoid the flu and I'm only 50% successful.   There is no one on this planet who has tried harder to avoid flu in the last decade than me, and I am only 50% successful at it.  Others go out and do everything wrong, but never catch it and the vaccine has nothing to do with their immunity.

Corona viruses are a family of viruses that include the ones that cause most of the common colds.  They are not just found in bat colonies. The COVID-19  MAY  have come from a bat since some similar ones have been found in bat colonies, but they really don't know where it  came from. They are still looking to confirm  its source. and  the  flu viruses don't necessarily come from  ducks and chickens .  Yes , Randy , you can delude yourself when you  refuse to believe the medical community  and follow a bunch of nut casre right wing peddlers of misinformation.

The natural reservoir of coronaviruses are bats.

The natural reservoir of influenza A viruses are ducks.

The natural reservoir of influenza B viruses are seals.

It just is.  All coronaviruses come from bats because that is the natural reservoir.

Bats are natural reservoirs of SARS-like coronaviruses  https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16195424/

bats are the predominant reservoir of zoonotic and emerging coronaviruses.  https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/27/4/20-3945_article

Other viruses have no known reservoir other than humans, so they are easy to eradicate since there are no animals reintroducing them into human populations.

We cannot eradicate flu unless we eradicate ducks.

The COVID-19  MAY  have come from a bat

Covid19 came from a lab, but before that it came from a bat.

you can delude yourself when you  refuse to believe the medical community  and follow a bunch of nut casre right wing peddlers of misinformation.

CDC says masks do not work  https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

WHO says masks do not work  https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

All the published research says masks do not work.

Dr. Kellogg published a book in 1919 saying the masks did not work in 1918.

And even Dr Fauci laughed at the idea of masks.

So the CDC, WHO, and Fauci are rightwing nutcases????

There is not one shred of evidence in the entire history of humans suggesting that masks work, reverend.

I suggest you read more quotes from Dr. Fauci and the CDC, and read those quotes on legitimate sites,  not on sites that twist and misquote therm. . Bats are a reservoir of corona viruses , but they are  not the only source and reservoir of them,   just as livestock,  whether chickens, ducks or  hogs or even  our house pets are . Masks do work. Again  look  on legitimate sites rather than  your  conspiracy and right wing sources.  I  know it's no  use trying to  sway the true believers to  the truth..  They  BELIEVE.   end of story.  I just hope others reading the thread do their  own searching on what we claim  and form their own  opinions of  who  is living in reality  or not .

How about agreeing to drop this and go  back to trying to  help  others who  come to this site  seeking a hand sorting out problems with their  ATV's ?

11 hours ago, davefrombc said:

I suggest you read more quotes from Dr. Fauci and the CDC, and read those quotes on legitimate sites,  not on sites that twist and misquote therm.

Do you have some sort of disability that prevents you from recognizing that I quoted directly from the CDC?  Seriously, what is wrong with you?

CDC says:

In our systematic review, we identified 10 RCTs that reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the community from literature published during 1946–July 27, 2018. In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks (RR 0.78, 95% CI 0.51–1.20; I2 = 30%, p = 0.25).  Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.  https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article  <--- CDC dot GOV

WHO says:

A large randomized community-based trial in which 4862 healthy participants were divided into a group wearing medical/surgical masks and a control group found no difference in infection with SARS-CoV-2 (76).

A recent systematic review found nine trials (of which eight were cluster-randomized controlled trials in which clusters of people, versus individuals, were randomized) comparing medical/surgical masks versus no masks to prevent the spread of viral respiratory illness. Two trials were with healthcare workers and seven in the community. The review concluded that wearing a mask may make little or no difference to the prevention of influenza-like illness (ILI) (RR 0.99, 95%CI 0.82 to 1.18) or laboratory confirmed illness (LCI) (RR 0.91, 95%CI 0.66-1.26) (44)  https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

March 2020 Fauci said:

"There's no reason to be walking around wearing a mask.  When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little better, and it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think.  And often there are unintended consequences: people keep fiddling with the masks and touching their face."  Watch him say it: https://www.bitchute.com/video/prujdWuCxa8/

There is not one shred of evidence from 1918 to 2021 indicating that masks attenuate the spread of respiratory illnesses.  None.

The fact that CDC, WHO, and Fauci recommend wearing masks is not admission that they think the masks work.

23 hours ago, davefrombc said:

They are still looking to confirm  its source

I think most people have come to terms that it might have actually come from the lab and was engineered. There will never be an "official" admission of this because the fall out would be tremendous. People in that region have been eating bats before Fauci was born. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to make the connection that a lab that experiments with corona viruses is probably guilty. The bigger question is whether or not it was intentional or an accident. 

1 hour ago, quadmaniac said:

come from the lab and was engineered

A while back someone showed that it's statistically impossible to have evolved naturally because of the placement of certain molecules in the virus.

Positive charges repel each other so it's not likely to find 2 positive charges in a row in nature.  It's even more unlikely to find 3.  Covid has 4 in a row and it's practically impossible for that to have happened on its own in nature and then manifest just in time for an election year.

I don't think China released it because it's pretty dumb to dump it in their own front yard.  More likely it was planted in China to make it look like it came from China.

On 8/27/2021 at 8:41 PM, JustRandy said:

Do you have some sort of disability that prevents you from recognizing that I quoted directly from the CDC?  Seriously, what is wrong with you?

CDC says:

In our systematic review, we identified 10 RCTs that reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the community from literature published during 1946–July 27, 2018. In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks (RR 0.78, 95% CI 0.51–1.20; I2 = 30%, p = 0.25).  Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.  https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article  <--- CDC dot GOV

WHO says:

A large randomized community-based trial in which 4862 healthy participants were divided into a group wearing medical/surgical masks and a control group found no difference in infection with SARS-CoV-2 (76).

A recent systematic review found nine trials (of which eight were cluster-randomized controlled trials in which clusters of people, versus individuals, were randomized) comparing medical/surgical masks versus no masks to prevent the spread of viral respiratory illness. Two trials were with healthcare workers and seven in the community. The review concluded that wearing a mask may make little or no difference to the prevention of influenza-like illness (ILI) (RR 0.99, 95%CI 0.82 to 1.18) or laboratory confirmed illness (LCI) (RR 0.91, 95%CI 0.66-1.26) (44)  https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

March 2020 Fauci said:

"There's no reason to be walking around wearing a mask.  When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little better, and it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think.  And often there are unintended consequences: people keep fiddling with the masks and touching their face."  Watch him say it: https://www.bitchute.com/video/prujdWuCxa8/

There is not one shred of evidence from 1918 to 2021 indicating that masks attenuate the spread of respiratory illnesses.  None.

The fact that CDC, WHO, and Fauci recommend wearing masks is not admission that they think the masks work.

Bush 

• 2 weeks later...

203781578_casesvsvaccines.thumb.jpg.273408e33a88e12a2cc8b18427f901cf.jpg

73% of people older than 12 have had 1 dose.  62% have had 2 doses.  https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations_vacc-total-admin-rate-total

Yet in the summer we have almost as many cases as last winter and nearly 3 times more cases than last summer.  How can that be if 2/3 of people are vaccinated?

If I had a group of animals and vaccinated 2/3 of them I certainly wouldn't expect to see 3 times more disease than before the vaccine.

This winter will be ugly.

15 hours ago, JustRandy said:

Yet in the summer we have almost as many cases as last winter and nearly 3 times more cases than last summer.  How can that be if 2/3 of people are vaccinated?

This is because vaccinated people are testing positive and will continue to test positive. It went from you are free if you are vaccinated, to you should put your mask back on but don't worry, you probably won't get severely ill. 

The WHO is against boosters and vaccinating children, but the US is full steam ahead. Two top dogs quit at the FDA because of the push for boosters by 9/20....Its all very suspect. This says it all...

image.thumb.png.55badbe5457a76824f3388ce6bfd34af.png

7 minutes ago, quadmaniac said:

but don't worry, you probably won't get severely ill.

Isn't it strange that the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission but somewhat attenuates symptoms?  I mean, if it doesn't prevent people from getting it, then how does it prevent people from getting as sick?

I would think if it offered at least some immunity from symptoms then it would at least offer some immunity from contracting it.

Maybe delta is more contagious but less deadly and the vaccine doesn't work at all.

My biggest worry is supply shortages after people quit or get fired because of the vaccine mandates.

It almost seems Biden is determined to hand the reins back over to Trump with the way he's blundered Afghanistan and wrecking the economy.

1 hour ago, JustRandy said:

Maybe delta is more contagious but less deadly and the vaccine doesn't work at all.

It doesn't work the way they sold it or have long term efficacy. Israel is already talking about a 4th shot. I really hope there aren't long term affects they are or aren't aware of.  What happens when everyone is vaccinated and people are still getting sick being vaxxed? The way its being pushed is all too fishy to me, even for a believer of most vaccines. Its over the top and yes, he has to know that its going to hurt the party in the long term, but he doesn't care about a possible next term because he's barely making it through this term.