Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Unfortunately it looks like I have some people in my new neighborhood paying a little too much attention to my auto and for the first time I'm feeling a need to add some security system(s) to old yeller.  I think just a basic remote arm system would do, not interested at all in remote start or unlock.  I'm not familiar with modern alarm systems, but here's what I 'think' I need...

- Door switches for all 5 doors (rear hatch).  Probably a PITA to install but that's only an initial idea.

- 'Bump' alarm (not sure what it would be called) for if a window breaks or if something is jarred

- Geo-location function like a low track or something similar

Additionally I'd like to install possibly 2 start kill switches.  I'm not sure where inline these are normally installed but my impression is that directly in line with the key ignition switch would be common.  But then what if someone jumps the starter with a screwdriver...would this type of switch work in that instance?  So that leads me to the idea of a second ignition kill switch which would either be wired between the battery and starter motor, or between the starter motor and ground.

And last...security lugs.

So am I over thinking this here?  What's your recommendation for what I really need and maybe a good but economic alarm system that can get this done?                    

What kind of car is this, is it an older car? Take a look at viper systems. Put a camera on it outside, like a ring camera or something like that.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.