Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

yamaha big bear 350cc what year do i have??

mike91

I’m just wondering what year bike i got? it seems the vin has been rubbed off i got it from a auction here in Australia engine starts but seems has a dirty carb wont idle well

and also has a problem I put it in gear and makes a grinding noise but does not move it the neutral light goes out but then when I change gear it grinds more in the higher gears as well I’m guessing the differential is stuffed so wanting to buy new part for it will start the pull down next week

this is the first bike I have worked on used to dealing with cars

20201205_171949.jpg

20201205_171956.jpg

20201205_172003.jpg

20201205_172008.jpg

• 1 month later...

• 7 months later...

Oh just got through rebuilding a Differential. It cost about 350$ in parts. The problem was the ring gear/axel was stripped out. Had to have all new bearings, seals, axle, and ring gear in differential. Since you have to tear it all down you might as wheel replace the wheel bearings. If you do tear into it make sure you take all spacers that space ring gear , pinion gear and mark the from witch side they came off. It make a big difference when you go back together these have to be back where they came from.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By speely31
      Currently working on a 1992 Yamaha Big Bear 350 that idles perfect but cuts out with any kind of throttle. We replaced carburetor and head to carburetor boot. 
      Put in a new spark plug, the old one was black as hell, unsure if it was caused by old carburetor or current misfire. This problem similar to the rev limiter you see on newer models when
      differential is locked or in reverse. I don't think this machine has that feature but I could be wrong? I suspect an ignition component is breaking down but at the moment I don't have access to a wiring diagram or workshop manual but I'm working on that. Are the e-manuals any good?
      Any ideas?
    • By Choppa
      No spark replaced the coil and it ran good for a week now i have no spark again 
    • By diamonddogs
      Hi i bought my first atv last week, mostly for plowing. its a 94 yamaha big bear 350 4x4, with plow, new front axles, carb rebuild and some other stuff for $900. in todays prices, i think it was a pretty good deal. I plan on tearing it down and doing a semi restoration in the summer. its been clearly neglected so i suspect i will need to do a fair amount.
      couple questions. 
      1. parts and manuals, so far i know it needs front shocks, tie rods, brakes, cables, lots of small stuff, whats your guys favorite online atv parts store? where can i find a good repair manual?
      2 - starts and drives great, shifts a bit hard? not sure whats normal because i dont have a point of referance. i have to almost lean back in the seat and lever my foot up to get it to shift, seems like there is either alot of play in something (shift lever itself is tight) or there is a long travel, or it just dosent want to shift. also the hi / low / reverse lever needs to go past the gate a bit to actually shift into gear, and seems to need me to shift into nutral before shifting into reverse (not sure what your supposed to do). also wondering a bit about the history of the machine, because the plastics have a slot for a dash mounted shifter, but the one on it is a gated shifter right above the pull starter. 
      3. seat and plastics repair, seat is quite torn up with a seat cover over it, plastics are pretty cracked up, these items i havent found replacements for for any reasonable price, i dont care a whole lot about asthetics but whats the best way to functionally repair these things? is there reasonably priced replacements somewhere? i plan to bedline the whole thing after im done. 
      4. there was no title, but i did get a bill of sale, will it be difficult to get it titled / registered? (im in mn)
      thanks in advance for your help, looking forward to being part of the community

• By AKMichael
      Hello All,
      I have a 1999 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4x4 trying to get fixed up so my grandson can go out in the woods with me.
      We have owned it over 10 years.  It got harder to start, until it finally would not.  Replaced the carb.  Right afterwards, it started and ran nicely, but after turning it off, would not restart.  Tonight I used starting fluid and ran, then died.  Adjusted the idle up a little, used more starting fluid and ran great.  It idled about 15 minutes.  Turned it off, and restarted.  Ran it around the yard about 5 minutes.  Turned it off, and would not restart.
      Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
      Thank you. 
    • By Samwise
      View File 1987-1999 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4x4 service manual
        1987-1999 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4x4 service manual  
      YFM350FW
      YFM350FWT
      Submitter Samwise Submitted 12/04/2020 Category Yamaha ATV  
  • eManualOnline