Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

NoahJakavi

Linhai 300 doesnt want to go off start

Posted (edited)

Hello i have a linhai 300 of the 2004+- era. I had a cluch problem so we changed it. After changing it has a hard time to start going. When you pop it into gear and press the gas it barely drives but when it starts going about 20km/h it start driving well the acceleration is normal and everything do you have any idea of what could be the problem

Edited by NoahJakavi

Hi. I've never heard of a linhai. Does this have a manual clutch, with a lever on the handle-bars, or is it an automatic clutch ?

5 hours ago, Mech said:

Hi. I've never heard of a linhai. Does this have a manual clutch, with a lever on the handle-bars, or is it an automatic clutch ?

Its an automatic quad with hi low reverse gears

So what was the original problem with the clutch, what was it doing ?

And was it the belt you changed ?

And just to confirm, it didn't have this problem before you changed the clutch/belt.. it was some other problem ?

And did you check or notice whether the two pulleys could change their inner and outer plate's, distances apart ?

Was there a lot of chewed up belt in there, and did you clean it all out really well ?

It sounds to me like the changeable diameters of the pulleys isn't operating correctly, possible just dirty with chewed up belt.

10 hours ago, Mech said:

So what was the original problem with the clutch, what was it doing ?

And was it the belt you changed ?

And just to confirm, it didn't have this problem before you changed the clutch/belt.. it was some other problem ?

And did you check or notice whether the two pulleys could change their inner and outer plate's, distances apart ?

Was there a lot of chewed up belt in there, and did you clean it all out really well ?

It sounds to me like the changeable diameters of the pulleys isn't operating correctly, possible just dirty with chewed up belt.

This was the part i changed but i didnt change Cvt clutch bell now im wondering if that is the reason. i didnt change the belt because it looked pretty good. Just cleaned the metal shavings and changed this part, and no before it worked well then it broke couldnt get it into gear but once got in it drove but also barely so i changed it pretty quick.

spacer.png

Ok, well I'm not sure what's wrong but it sounds like the bike's trying to start off with the driven pulleys too far apart or the drive pulleys too close together. Either thing will make it seem like it's in too higher gear. Since you've had the driven pulleys and centrifugal clutch hub apart I'd guess you might have assembled that wrong. I think you will have to take it apart again and check how it's assembled and that everything's nicely lubed and free to move.

I think that if you look at an Arctic Cat manual it will be pretty much the same. There's probably  manual on this site.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content