Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let’s temperature check this and agree that there are clearly two sides to this pandemic, politics, and all that. Can we tone this down please?  It’s like the third politically driven topic that seems

I'm tired of people ignoring the sensible  precautions to  limit the spread of the virus that families of over 500.000 Americans have learned that it is no  joke. We all are tired of the pandemic that

Pretty sad when someone does not agree with  your  opinion you call them ignorant.  

Calling out uninformed conspiracy  theories is not political no  matter how  much you want to  call it that .  I  call out stupidity whether it comes from the right or the left .. Right  now the worst of it that is damaging to both our countries is coming from the extreme right.  Whether you want to accept that fact or not . Drop the conspiracy  comments from the forum and get  back to  quadding and I will do the same , but  post up BS  from the extremists and I will call it out . .I  do it here and other forums I'm in.  More people   need to  do  it  because as it  is the conspiracy theorists are sucking in more and more people that  want to believe the garbage and  won't  look for the truth and fact .  I would not be surprised  if it was found that  some at least of the trolls  promoting the conspiracies use cyrillic text  at home. Fostering conspiracy theories feed right into their agenda .

Let’s temperature check this and agree that there are clearly two sides to this pandemic, politics, and all that. Can we tone this down please?  It’s like the third politically driven topic that seems to get everyone heated.

No name calling please. I can appreciate everyone’s points of view, but let’s keep it civilized. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BuckBilly said:

What happened to this section being anything goes?

You’re thinking of the old g-spot bar and grille forum I think, where it was anything goes. Yes this is general discussion and anything goes, but we need to refrain from using some of the language as it’s a public facing forum. It’s more no “cussing” 😉. Discuss what you want but we have a hard stop on name calling and language that can be considered “cussing”.

If you guys want something that isn’t open to the public to rant and such, and not have concern about the language, we can probably add a forum or bring back that old one. Better yet, just create a private club and add a forum. We won’t “police” that as much unless it’s public.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, BuckBilly said:

See ya later. Don't need another Facebook where your opinion are restrained for butthurt communists. 

No one is restraining opinion and many may agree with you in fact. The only issue is the name calling and words you used, just keep it civil. It was cleaned up, that’s it. If you want to make it into an issue and absolutely need to be able to name call others, well that’s up to you really. I don’t have a good answer for that. 

• Like 1

its a health issue that wasnt a big issue until the left blew it up and closed down the economy, now its a economical issue thanks to big government.  and it sounds more like you are trying to live in a fantasy world were ideally, no virus or flu is transmitted ever....at the cost of basically everything and everyone else.  no im not wishing everyone would be sick all the time, but we live in a fallen world and stopping the spread of a virus is like trying to hold a gallon of water in your hand.  its crazy how petrified people have become of getting germs or a virus nowadays when thats exactly what our body needs to create a good immune system

if closing everything down, social distancing, and mandating masks really works, why is it the states that did that got 'hit' the hardest?  (hit as in the most number of cases)

It is a health issue that unfortunately IS a big issue .  It isn't  just a big issue for the left in the US,  it is a big issue  IN EVERY COUNTRY.  That should tell you something.  It is not  your  run of the mill  Flu  bug. It is an entirely different  killer that has every possibility of turning into far more infectious and deadly with every mutation. If you  would watch mainstream news maybe you would get some  clue to that fact. Over 500,000  Americans alone have died from  complications of the virus and there will  be  more.  The science and medical communities  fear now  it  may become endemic ; requiring annual  vaccinations against the  mutating  virus ,  just as  the  flu does now for the vulnerable.

It's no  joke  Jacob. I hope you and your family and friends don't  find that out first hand.  Ask  your parents   and grandparents  about  Polio  and  Smallpox . Read some history  of  smallpox. Smallpox vaccination was available until 1980 when it was finally declared eradicated.  Polio was a big crippler and killer  until a vaccine came out in 1955. Polio crippled  Franklin  Roosevelt.  It crippled and killed  many  in  its outbreaks over the years, My sister  survived a  mild  case of polio in her youth  with only minor neurological damage. Many  kids spent  what little  life they  had left in  "Iron  lungs". Neither Smallpox nor Polio  spread world wide as fast as the  COVID  virus  simply because the nations and population wasn't so  connected by easy transportation  as it is now.  That  easy  connection is what  makes viruses  like CV-19  so  dangerous and require economically  painful measure to try to contain. Believe the science , not the  damn fools on the far and extreme right  who think everything is a conspiracy against them  until they  are directly affected  by it themselves .  Then  it's too late .

and i agree name calling is useless.. doesnt get anyone anywhere.   @davefrombc, when you say you hope i dont find out how dangerous covid is first hand, thats exactly what im trying to say:  i have experienced it first hand and it is not even as bad as the seasonal flu.  i live right beside a college town and work for my dad in college kids apartments just about every other day.  i have yet to wear a mask, or take the vaccine.  id be hard pressed to name you someone i know that hasnt had covid.  none of them have been hospitalized, or died.  all agree with me its no more serious then the seasonal flu.  yes its spreading like wildfire, thats what a virus does.  the kicker is if it doesnt spread quickly enough, then it has time to mutate and form different strains.  thats why countries and some of the us states that have locked down to flatten the curve have seen relapses in outbreaks over and over, unless the virus moves through the population quickly while its weak, it has time to mutate and live on.  the most dumb thing the US has done so far is close down the economy.  had the economy stayed open, covid would be dead and gone.

the way youre making this out is that covid is deadly and killing a lot of people.  if its killing so many people why do i not know of a single person who has been seriously sick from or with covid?

like i said before, i live right beside a college town.  about 1/3 of the students there are indian or asian.  all of said students have come to the university after covid broke out.  so i would assume it would be safe to say my town where many of these students live and the town 'next door' where the university is are high risk right?

You  and  the others you claim  had  the COVID infection as proven by  a swab test ?..  It is not a  cold or flu strain. It is a Corona virus strain.  Most  young  people  don't  get serious  complications  from  it , and  many never even show clinical symptoms  beyond  loss of taste or smell. It is a killer of mainly the elderly  and immune compromised.  Whether you want to believe the statistics or not , I would say well over 500,000 dead and counting  is serious.  Some areas get away  with few suffering from  it ,  others  are not so  lucky.  I  cannot change your beliefs.. I  can  point out the facts for those willing to  listen  to consider.

Conspiracy theories are  like religions. They are based on belief and not  on tangible, proven facts and science.  Facts and science get rejected when they  interfere with deep rooted  belief.  That's why it is so  difficult to wean  anyone away from  a cult.  Their final words are "I  BELIEVE". End of discussion.

i dont see where you get your number of 500000 from the largest number ive heard from the media is 200000 and that was a largly inflated number where the actual number turned out to be 90000.  and you have to understand how they are counting "covid deaths'  they have been grouping them with influenza and and pneumonia as well as counting those who died with covid as those who died from covid.  i dont recall saying i believed anything thus far.  i dont believe most of my friends have had covid, i know they have from having tested positive for covid 19.  my grandparents both had covid 19 (also not just my belief) and although they were very health compromised prior to and during covid and in their upper 80s, they made it thru just fine.  both got over covid quickly the only hickup was my grandmother had pneumonia afterwards, but also got over it without being hospitalized. in my former reply, NONE of what i said was my belief, but my experience with the world around me that i live in.  i think i would be safe in saying i see more of the in's and out's of my town and virginia tech then any of my friends as i work in maintenance in both towns.  yes someone can argue and dismiss what you are saying by just saying thats just what they believe, but you can also dismiss someones experience or first hand account as a believe and pick and choose what 'facts' you believe whether they turn out to be facts or not.  im not trying to change your mind, im just trying to say that especially in this day and age we could use more sceptics that question authority and less sheep.

Don't you find it strange that the rest of the real world doesn't agree with your version of the world and the COVID  pandemic? 

COVID - 19 is not the Flu ( influenza)  or one of the common  cold viruses.  It is a variety of  Corona virus  and the numbers  I  listed  come from very reliable  American  and  other world wide sources . Where you get your numbers from , I  have no idea. Since no one else wants to chime into this thread  I'll  leave it  to you to have the last word.  I'll be glad when the vaccines are widely available everywhere  so this virus  can be brought under control and the world can get back to  some sort of normal.  Take care  Jacob .  The world is a lot different than your view  of it outside your community.

Edited by davefrombc

• 1 month later...

Interesting isn't it that the topics that divide the population of our civilization just keeps stacking up. We have the environment, racial differences, sexual preferences, gender politics, immigration, and now a new one - pandemic or not. These ideas and the emotional involvement in them create but division, not unity which we sorely need in this time. 

On 5/4/2021 at 1:25 AM, MaxPax said:

Interesting isn't it that the topics that divide the population of our civilization just keeps stacking up. We have the environment, racial differences, sexual preferences, gender politics, immigration, and now a new one - pandemic or not. These ideas and the emotional involvement in them create but division, not unity which we sorely need in this time. 

Agreed, and now the new division will be between vaccinated and unvaccinated people. CNN is already been stating that vaccinated people should "shun" those who aren't. It has begun.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, mikeexplorer said:

Agreed, and now the new division will be between vaccinated and unvaccinated people. CNN is already been stating that vaccinated people should "shun" those who aren't. It has begun.

Yes indeed..workplace as well. It’s almost like a club now and the empowerment of people who are vaccinated vs not is interesting to watch.

On a slightly different note, I was in a UPS store in upstate NY yesterday with my mask on but in front of me was a man who didn’t have his mask on, meanwhile there’s a sign. The UPS Kid behind the counter had his mask on and asked the customer to put his on. The customer hesitates, says some things and does it, while proclaiming “only in communist New York”..lol. Now why give the UPS kid a hard time? I don’t get it.

The day before that I got into an elevator and there was a guy with his mask on, so I asked him if he was ok if I rode at the same time (had my mask on). The guy said, “ok, sure...I got my microchip shot”.  I thought that was funny.