Quantcast

China virus

12 minutes ago, Mech said:

I've told you which of your posts to search for..  It isn't important though Randy, it was just one of many things you have got wrong, that you have stated as fact, when it isn't.

I can't be wrong until I see the link you allege exists.

You are out of your depth Randy. I don't need to trap you, you trap yourself. You are trapped, a slave, to your Ego. And Randy.. it's not a good look..  Sincerely my friend.. 

Wow talk about delusions of grandeur.  I'm not sure even a 22 would reach the heights of your pedestal of infallibility on which you've perched yourself.

What's important is you always find a way to come out on top.   There is no way out of the game of oneupsmanship.  Even humility is yet another method of appearing better than others.

Go back, read my posts, all of them since I got here if you can be bothered, read your posts and replies.. Understand what it is I've been saying all the way through, see my reactions(or absence of) to your posts, see the way you react to everybody's posts..  I know it's the American way, but attacking everybody that doesn't agree with you isn't a proper way to be.. The world, and people, are better and deserve better than that.

Just because people disagree with you does not mean they are attacking.  Why do you perceive everything as an attack?

There's nothing to be done for willful ignorance...  It's free will.. at it's worst.

You can't stop being willfully ignorant even though you claim free will?

You proudly proclaimed facts do not matter and I am futilely wasting time with you.  Do you have control over your inclinations or not?

That's yet another illustration of you being what you are complaining about.

I'm not religious Randy, but being a philosopher I've studied a lot of them.. 

Studying philosophers makes you a biographer or historian, not a philosopher.

They all address the subject of free will for a good reason, it's man's greatest asset, and the most abused and destructive.

Before you can determine if you have free will you first have to determine who you are.  At the end you may find that neither are true.

“A man may be born, but in order to be born he must first die, and in order to die he must first awake.” - Gurdjieff

Any clue what that means?

"A proverb is no proverb to you until your life has illustrated it" - Keats

26 minutes ago, Mech said:

"I can't be wrong until I see the link you allege exists. "..

Is that a fact...

This is not even a case of potential censorship because you said I quoted the link which is obvious that I did not and you say the link is still here but I posted a screenshot showing it's not.

You seem not to be here to express your views or engage in debate since you admitted to not reading posts and not being swayed by facts, but instead seem to be here specifically to play games presumably in hopes of stirring up trouble.

There is either a tenuous tether to reality or a nefarious intention, but either way I can't see what can be gained or what enjoyment can be wrought by further flogging this dead horse.

3 minutes ago, Mech said:

I probably shouldn't even bother asking this but, can you see links in posts you have made with links in them Randy ?

Of course I can see my own links and I can see links quadmaniac posted, but nothing from you.

Why don't you quote your own post that contains the link so we at least know which post is supposed to contain the link.

I have done that several ties Randy. Perhaps there is some intent to deny the facts going on here. Perhaps it even is a conspiracy to keep the facts from the American people, but I very much doubt that.

It's not important though Randy. My link said ninety-one percent of people had their second dose, and ninety-six percent  had their first dose. Those figures were before the weekend and we have got more shots into people since then. Your figures were old, and wrong.

What really amused me though was the way they were stated..  %83 full dosed and %3 one dose, for a total of %86. If I said I had 83 dollars, and three fifty cent pieces, and it added up to $86.. you'd rightly laugh at me.. I hope. If a dose is two shots, then one dose is a half treatment. If a dose is one shot, then we are 166 percent treated.. 

Do you know Randy that we can be taught reason and logic, that there are lessons for it on the internet. Logic has specific rules just as algebra has.

Studying philosophy and studying religion are not mutually exclusive. A person doesn't have to be convinced they are wrong, to be wrong. Not being able to find posts(or anything else), doesn't mean they are not there. Not every thing that happens, or doesn't happen, has to be a conspiracy. Not everything said in here is stated as fact. Some things said, particularly from me, has been opinion.

You have attributed stuff to me that I never said Randy, and when I corrected you, you said it again a bit later. I never said "Facts don't matter".. Especially not "specifically" said.. That, to say facts don't matter, that would be really foolish of me. Facts have their place, but they need evaluating as to whether they are relevant and in context. You have presented a lot of statements as fact, when they were either wrong, or opinion.

And Randy, there's very little that can be "proved" they say, except in maths, but we can deduce negatives to a very high degree of probability.

If you've never read Plato.. I'd recommend it.. "The Republic" is good.  Better than sitting stewing about all the things you don't like, that you can't change... like me..haha.(kidding kidding, I know you like me).

"of course I can see my own links"...   If you can't see my links in my posts, or my links in your posts quoting me, then there is nothing "of course" about  it.. See how that works Randy.. Too adamant about things that we just can't be sure of..

But then... You didn't want to answer my question about whether other countries should have nuclear weapons because you know you suffer form that cognitive dissidence Randy..  You need to master that one.. You need to be more honest with yourself.

You say I make judgements as a matter of faith..  But I don't. I make decisions, and sometimes judgements, on the evidence, which may or may not be facts, and may or not be "proof" even. But Randy, I'm honest about it.

If you don't want to continue the conversation that's fine, but be honest about why that is, be honest to yourself.. nobody else matters.

1 hour ago, JustRandy said:

Why don't you quote your own post that contains the link so we at least know which post is supposed to contain the link.

29 minutes ago, Mech said:

I have done that several ties Randy.

Where?  When have you ever quoted your own post?

Where is your link?

Perhaps there is some intent to deny the facts going on here.

Yeah you.  You even admitted, proudly, to ignoring facts and said presenting them is futile.

My link said ninety-one percent of people had their second dose, and ninety-six percent  had their first dose.

Well that furthers my point!  LMFAO!

91% and 96% and NZ is still inundated with cases!

A person doesn't have to be convinced they are wrong, to be wrong.

On 2/6/2022 at 6:33 PM, Mech said:

Our perceptions make our world..  

On 2/6/2022 at 12:08 AM, Mech said:

I'm suggesting that everything is just how we perceive it to be.. 

Which is it?  You can't seem to make up your mind.

A person must be shown they are wrong before they can admit being wrong.  If you want me to know I am wrong you must show me.

Instead you refuse to quote your post containing the link.  You refuse to take a screenshot.  You refuse to tell me the date/time so I can find it.  You refuse to do anything to help me see that I am wrong.

30 minutes ago, Mech said:

I never said "Facts don't matter"

On 2/5/2022 at 8:15 PM, Mech said:

I'd suggested it was futile and that the almighty facts were irrelevant to me.

On 2/5/2022 at 4:09 AM, Mech said:

Yeah you are right.. I didn't read all those posts of yours..

On 2/5/2022 at 4:21 AM, Mech said:

And I didn't read all of the posts I did look at..haha..  Does that trouble you?

I'm starting to think you have a split personality disorder.

Once you go on record enough times I'll have you debating yourself with your own quotations.

18 hours ago, JustRandy said:

What link?

Maybe I'm missing it but I read through page 9 and 10 twice and don't see a link from you.

Also you changed some your posts after I quoted them.  Maybe slow down a bit and not edit so much.

I  did  some searching  for the link Mech  posted that  you seem  to  have not seen  JR .. Here it is  again.  Mech  can  confirm if that is the one he's referred to  and  you didn't see  https://covid19.govt.nz/covid-19-vaccines/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5eDpm-js9QIVOpNmAh03sAjUEAAYASAAEgJPwfD_BwE#vaccine-data

I've put the words you need to go find in quotes and presented them here Randy.. You seem to be choosing to ignore them.

I've explained the gist of the link too. It isn't important though. 

I said earlier, "I prefer truth to facts, and candor to intelligence", you have misquoted it several times since then. I have corrected you about it twice. It seems your comprehension of even the simplest facts is curtailed by your overwhelming need to be right. I suspect this is probably a theme running through your life Randy. There's not much I can do about that.

You say what you want, people will decide for themselves how right or wrong, how knowledgeable, how intelligent, how honest you are.

Yes that's the one thank you Dave..  Shortened, but to the right place.

20 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

I  did  some searching  for the link Mech  posted that  you seem  to  have not seen  JR .. Here it is  again.  Mech  can  confirm if that is the one he's referred to  and  you didn't see  https://covid19.govt.nz/covid-19-vaccines/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5eDpm-js9QIVOpNmAh03sAjUEAAYASAAEgJPwfD_BwE#vaccine-data

Where did you find it?

That officer is a fine example of our extreme right.  Far better trained legal authorities  would point out the misinterpretations of the provisions in our  Bill Of Rights that  he makes.. I  am  not going to  try to  do so since I have  no such training , but I  can say his claims have been  disputed by  lawyers in other venues whether there  are any you-tubes to  show that or not.

JR..  The  link does show as a  "Google lead services pagead,  but it is not an ad.  Your browser has blocking set a little to strictly  for some things.  Maybe  you  can  set  your  browser exceptions to  all  Googleleadservices.com pageads through.  A  lot of non-ad links  to  services  go through them on searches.

3 minutes ago, Mech said:

Oh yeah of course. We knew it would have to be my fault...

In 20 years of talking on forums you are the only one to post an ad.

Next time just post the link to the site you want me to see, not google ad services.

Just now, davefrombc said:

JR..  The  link does show as a  "Google lead services pagead,  but it is not an ad.  Your browser has blocking set a little to strictly  for some things.  Maybe  you  can  set  your  browser exceptions to  all  Googleleadservices.com pageads through.  A  lot of non-ad links  to  services  go through them on searches.

I didn't set it and don't know how to change it.

It would be easier if people would post the link for the site they want me to see rather than google ad services.  No one else has ever done that in 20 years.  Quadmaniac, freedomflyer, and you do not do that.

I opened the link to  get the actual NZ  site address.  Here it is .. I  suggest  when you don't see links  others have posted that you  browser falsely blocks as ads, you try a different  browser  Sometimes changing browsers to  see some sites comes in handy.  My  default  here is  Firefox,  but I also  have MS's own  and  Chrome  that  I occasionally use  just for that reason .

https://covid19.govt.nz/covid-19-vaccines/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5eDpm-js9QIVOpNmAh03sAjUEAAYASAAEgJPwfD_BwE#vaccine-data