Quantcast

China virus

I  looked again  ans see that although I copied and pasted the Googleleadad link Mech posted , it appears Firefox truncated it to the link  you saw in my  post My Firefox  blocks ads too, but not all  of them  and I  just learned it  handles things  like the  Google lead  link  differently  by seeing your post showing  how the link showed to you in mine

3 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

I opened the link to  get the actual NZ  site address.  Here it is .. I  suggest  when you don't see links  others have posted that you  browser falsely blocks as ads, you try a different  browser  Sometimes changing browsers to  see some sites comes in handy.  My  default  here is  Firefox,  but I also  have MS's own  and  Chrome  that  I occasionally use  just for that reason .

https://covid19.govt.nz/covid-19-vaccines/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5eDpm-js9QIVOpNmAh03sAjUEAAYASAAEgJPwfD_BwE#vaccine-data

Yeah I'm aware of the situation now.  If someone would have pointed me to the exact post before then I would have figured it out sooner, but this has never happened in two decades so I had no reason to suspect a link was even there.

I have chrome, firefox, opera, IE and various others that I rarely use.  I mainly use chrome.

Without guns, we should be getting killed in our homes and schools every day.

Yeah it's all my fault Randy..  You can tell everyone and I'll back you up..  Me stupid and don't know how to operate my computer.

My only excuse is that I'm a stupid Kiwi..  At the end of the world, struggling with my own limited knowledge of how things work and who I really am.

7 minutes ago, Mech said:

Ha.. You Randy, really are incorrigible..

I'll leave you to your finger pointing and avoidance.. 

If you're ever on a forum with a wider audience you may want to reconsider posting ads.

But I'm sure it will be every else's fault if you do.

6 minutes ago, Mech said:

Despite our high vaccination rate, we still for some reason have really low infection and hospitalisations..  It just doesn't make sense huh..  With all those jabs, we should be keeling over in the streets..

96% vaccinated and cases exploding.  Nope, don't make sense.

335669560_nzdcases.thumb.jpg.6700f93d0c1b7f5e073f7d3511208686.jpg

Randy.. I haven't once tried to claim it was anybody's fault..  but my own of course.. But that's obvious to everyone I'm sure.

And it's all just a diversion anyway huh..  Something to talk about while we pass the real issues by.. 

I'll probably be dead by tomorrow with all the jabs and no guns to defend myself and lockdown so tight and all..  I just have to live for the day and have a bit of fun...

Edited by Mech

Well you'll have to tell me about that explosion of cases Randy.. I thought we had a slow and controlled spread of the virus, in a non-dangerous way, through a highly vaccinated and protected population.. But you'd know best..

So spill the beans Bro.. Let me know what I'm in for.. I can handle it.. 

I've been expecting a new granddaughter to arrive for the last two days..  I sure hope that's allowed to go ahead, and the midwife can make it to the home-birth.. otherwise my lads on his own.. Lucky he's a smart practical fellah..

23 minutes ago, Mech said:

slow and controlled spread

1723358449_nzdcases2.thumb.jpg.eae8a78d0e65ec2dc43ea7f205d3b29f.jpg

And I thought you said nobody was being forced?

New Zealand convoy protesters clog streets near Parliament

Among the protesters' grievances is the requirement in New Zealand that certain workers get vaccinated against the coronavirus, including teachers, doctors, nurses, police and military personnel.  

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/zealand-convoy-protesters-clog-streets-parliament-82735576

Youtube ,  headlines  and right leaning or outright hard right sources  are the only  sources the  right wing looks to.  Never mind the  mainstream and  left of center  news sources .   They're all  fake,  just ask tRump  and his followers. We  have some pretty wild  protesters going at in here across Canada. The  protests are  ostensibly over the  vaccine mandate to  cross the  Canada / US  border , but the nut cases are out in full  force  protesting vehemently  all  measures meant to  slow down the pandemic as  much as possible .. The  Trucker's Association  is against the "truckers" protests.. More than  90%  of them  are   vaccinated.  It  is the fringe 10%  nut cases that  aren't .   LOL  only  a small,  very small  subset of those protesters are actually  cross border  truckers and they  do  not  represent the majority  or the  Truckers Association

5 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

Youtube ,  headlines  and right leaning or outright hard right sources

ABC News is right wing?

Worldometers is the 2nd from the top on google search.  Google doesn't show right wing disinformation sites at the top.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Youtube video was medcram, which is apolitical but probably all liberals.

The other link was the Supreme Court docket.

You are right as usual Dave. Here it's a small percent of the four percent. And their claims are as perverse as Randy's willful ignorance. If they don't want to vaccine they are offered back room jobs, if they don't want that, they can go home and get support till they find a new  job. Anyone with symptoms is asked to isolate, and get tested. If they are isolating after a test they get phoned or visited and offered food, money. daily contact if they don't have anyone to watch out for them. Health care is free and everyone is well supported on every level.

The "outbreak" is very small numbers, being allowed now because we are vaccinated. There are very few in hospital, and very very few at any time in ICU.

Randy speaks in ignorance and expects me to try and overcome his willful perversity and denial of anything I say.. If he was ready to understand anything but his own self conjured up fears he would have heard my words and reflected on them. He chooses to judge everyone and everything on the basis of his fear and lack of understanding of anything he hasn't experienced, and thinks I am a fool for not indulging him.

If he was any philosopher as he thinks he was, it would show in his spirit.. but all that shows is that he is struggling through the mire.. 

God save America.

3 minutes ago, Mech said:

If they don't want to vaccine they are offered back room jobs, if they don't want that, they can go home and get support till they find a new  job.

Sitting at home collecting checks sounds good.  So why are they protesting?

4 minutes ago, Mech said:

The "outbreak" is very small numbers, being allowed now because we are vaccinated. There are very few in hospital, and very very few at any time in ICU.

It's not over yet.  Look at the rate of change of the ascent: it's gone vertical!

It's only a matter of time before everyone on that island gets it.

9 minutes ago, Mech said:

Randy speaks in ignorance and expects me to try and overcome his willful perversity and denial of anything I say.. If he was ready to understand anything but his own self conjured up fears he would have heard my words and reflected on them. He chooses to judge everyone and everything on the basis of his fear and lack of understanding of anything he hasn't experienced, and thinks I am a fool for not indulging him.

If he was any philosopher as he thinks he was, it would show in his spirit.. but all that shows is that he is struggling through the mire.. 

Yep, when you don't have an argument you attack your opponent.  When you're out of ammo, you sling mud.

Yes Randy everyone will eventually be exposed to it, and probably get it. But we are nearly all vaccinated now and won't get it so bad, there will be ICU beds for those that can't or won't get a jab.

It's only your strawman argument that suggests we should be totally immune and that there should be no spreading of it. Intelligent well educated people know better.

And Randy.. there are three islands.. Three main islands anyway, not counting Australia, who are an independent lot and that we allow to rule themselves.

Do you know what "spirit" is Randy ?

It's influence. The influence we all exude that influences others, and the influence we all are susceptible to falling under.

It's important to recognise spirit, in ourselves, and the influences we get bombarded with every day. If we don't recognise those harmful influences we might get exposed to, we are vulnerable to them. If we don't know our own spirit and take steps to ensure it is a good one, we do inadvertent harm.

What do you reckon your influence is ? Have you ever considered how other people might see your spirit, your influence. Do you reckon it would be a positive one ?

Yeah reality is what it is,  whether we know we are wrong  or not.

The hundred or so protestors camped on parliament's lawn last night, despite that being prohibited. At least they haven't stormed the building yet.

Just another thing out of control, rampaging through the country.

I guess that's the trouble with letting a mere woman run the place.

Have you decided whether you think all countries should have nuclear weapons yet ?

3 hours ago, Mech said:

Have you decided whether you think all countries should have nuclear weapons yet ?

Already answered:

On 2/7/2022 at 3:51 PM, JustRandy said:

If they are violent states then they can't. have nukes  If they aren't then they can.  Whether or not there are or aren't is up to someone else to decide because I don't have the info necessary.

3 hours ago, Mech said:

I guess that's the trouble with letting a mere woman run the place.

Generally speaking the problem with women in power is they will always choose security over liberty because they don't have the testosterone to tolerate risk.  Exceptions exist but it's generally true.

So that means America shouldn't be allowed nuclear weapons..

I don't consider women in power as a problem. I don't think that testosterone allows any better tolerance of risk. Tolerance to risk isn't gender specific. Testosterone is known to engender risk taking though, and a lot of aggression. 

And liberty and security aren't mutually exclusive.. They go hand in hand. Deprive a person of either and the other becomes a moot point.

All of which tends to suggest that all nations should have the right to possess nuclear weapons if they so wish, to ensure their liberty and freedom. There would not have been a  "Korean war", or "Vietnam war", or "Iraq war", or Afghanistan war", if they had had nuclear weapons as Russia and China does. 

If having guns makes people safer as you maintain, if that is the only solution, then so does the possession of other weapons.. 

11 minutes ago, Mech said:

So that means America shouldn't be allowed nuclear weapons..

Fine.  So why don't you and your band of guitars and flowers go take them away.

12 minutes ago, Mech said:

I don't consider women in power as a problem.

Women and neutered men wouldn't because they value security more than liberty.

12 minutes ago, Mech said:

I don't think that testosterone allows any better tolerance of risk. 

Testosterone is known to engender risk taking though.

Debating yourself again?

14 minutes ago, Mech said:

liberty and security aren't mutually exclusive

Yes they are.

15 minutes ago, Mech said:

There would not have been a  "Korean war", or "Vietnam war", or "Iraq war", or Afghanistan war", if they had had nuclear weapons as Russia and China does.

Russia has nukes but we're going to war with them nonetheless, so nukes isn't a deterrent unless those that possess nukes are unhinged, which would preclude them from having nukes in the first place.

16 minutes ago, Mech said:

If having guns makes people safer as you maintain, if that is the only solution, then so does the possession of other weapons.. 

Agree.  The only caveat is convicted felons and domestic violence offenders.

If we give all prisoners weapons do you think it would reduce violent crime in prison?  Nope.  But give everyone in church a weapon and it would prevent anyone from shooting up the church.  If you don't believe it, then why don't cops shoot each other?  How many mass shooting happen in police stations?

So prisoners, felons, violent people = no guns.

Everyone else = yes guns.

Hopefully that cleared it up.