Quantcast

removing TORS on blaster

i wanna say its just a yamaha thing but im not sure. if you look above your carb cap where the cable goes into it, if you see a gian box attached to it then you have a TORS setup. mines been giving my some trouble lately so i ordered a removal kit and wanted to see if someone has done it because im not one for drilling into my carb.

the Throttle Over Ride System. It kills the motor if u take your thumb off of the throttle it's for saftey so if u fall off it will kill the motor for yua, like on a banshee and blaster theres a ground wire on the thumb throttle that when the thumb lever hits it, it grounds out and kills the motor.

i wanna say its just a yamaha thing but im not sure. if you look above your carb cap where the cable goes into it, if you see a gian box attached to it then you have a TORS setup. mines been giving my some trouble lately so i ordered a removal kit and wanted to see if someone has done it because im not one for drilling into my carb.

yea the hole drilling thing was not fun but it was worth it, Just becarefull when drilling!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

people just LOVE to remove them even tho there are very few problems with em.

As I recall it's a new carb cap and throttle cable, plus some wiring instructions.

When in doubt, read the instructions again! If still in doubt, call the 800 number, especially when drilling holes in the carb!

Did they tell you to install a slide stop? That involves tapping a hole in aluminum as well. I think that's why most Blasters still have the TORS installed haha.

How about 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' there's no performance improvement by removing it.....Let us know how it goes!:wink:

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Charlesbrown
      I’m looking for a top end kit for a Yamaha. I would like to see how well the engine runs before spending $6-$7 hundred on oem. Niche has complete kits from $1-$2 hundred.  Anyone have experience with Niche or similar Chinese companies? 
    • By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.
    • By opnea
      Where do yall ride at in South Florida other than the MX track on Krome Ave?
    • By Params_sweden
      Hi!
      I got my KLF300 running again with your help a couple of months ago, at that time it was the ignition coil that had failed. It has been in use since then without issues until two weeks ago.
      When the new issue showed I was going at about 10km/h and it suddenly slowed to a halt. I started it again after that with choke and I drove it 400 meters and parked. Next time it was really hard to start, and since it was low on gas I thought that was the problem. It didn't get any better with a full tank, so I assumed it was the cold weather, and adjusted the pilot slightly.
      After that it I actually got it started again with full choke and some slight gas, I drove about 300 meters and then it slowed down to a halt again. After that, it hasn't started again.
      The compression is 165psi. The spark has good intensity, the ATV has functioned before with the same spark "intensity"/light. I *assume* that it has gas as well, there is definitely gas on the spark plug when I remove it
      I have checked the carburetor slightly, the float works, diaphragm looks ok, but I haven't disassembled it to really look for dust and such in all the small places.
      My theory right now is that it might've been some dust in the gas tank that went into the system, it's just a theory
      I'm thankful for all the help and pointers I can get, don't hesitate

/ Pär, Sweden

• By Gwbarm
      It seems every ATV i look at to buy used has no title, does everyone loose there title, or do they change hands so often the title is lost in the shuffle. The ones that do have titles are triple the price. I am new to buying used quads is this pretty standard procedure.
      I know all quads are good and tough but thought it might be good to hear opinions as to what member think is the best, from your experiences.