Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Mikey69

How did you get into Quads?

hahah i just got tired of sitting at home while my friends were out 4wheeleing...so I bought one, its that simple lol.

Just reviving this thread a bit. For all you knewer members..let's hear your story! :biggrin:

Hey, new to this forum, first post! Wooooo!

Anyways, we were a dirt bike family, so while I really liked the Honda 3 wheelers and whatnot back in the 80's, we never had any. I had a Fat Cat, and then a beat down old Suzuki Savage for my off road rides, while my folks had a newer Honda and a Yamaha bike (I can't recall the models) until they got into horses and I got into cars and while I wasn't looking they sold all the dirt bikes and got a horse trailer. Well fast forward a few years and the old man is remarried, has a couple new kids (my kid sister is 24 years younger than me!) and they're back into dirt bikes, except this time he has a quad! Well I had to try that bad boy out and it was FUN! He lives out in the country and I spent my whole visit riding his Yamaha 250 4x4 around, and decided I gotta have one, but a bigger one, so here I am, joining the quad forum and learning more about quads, hoping to get one soon and start having some fun!

I am currently 18 years old. I started at 6 months old. My dad always had a passion for 4 wheelers and it slowly started there. I was 3 years old when I went to my first dune ride. I don't remember much but I have pictures from back when I did go. I really did not get into the scene hardcore untill was about 12 years old. I bought my first 4 wheeler. It was a 1997 Yamaha Warrior. A coupele years after that, I bought a 2001 Yamaha Blaster. I started to pick up a dirt wheeles every chance I got to kee[p myself up to date on all the new models and new shoot outs. After i turned 18 I went out and for christmas I bought my parents a 4 wheeler and bought 3 Honda 400ex's. For my senior trip I took my best friends to the local dunes (Little Sahara) in Oklahoma and had the greatest times. 2 weeks after graduation me and my best friend had some girls over and were showing the girls around the land around where we have rode the previous months. He went around a corner to quick and hit a tree dead on. I watched my best friend die in fromt on me. :'( It was so hard to watch my best friend passs away doing a sport that I introduced him into. It's been really hard to ride like I use to before this summer but I am trying to slowly get myself back together. It's truly a great sport and great community to get into but it is also dangrous as well. I live my life now one lap at a time. It's hard to get back on a 4 wheeler knowing it killed my best friend, but he was just as involved as I was. In his honnor we rebuilt the 4 wheeler in his honor. Just graduating high school and already loosing my best friend was hard enough, but I know he would be pissed off if I stopped. 4 wheelers are my life and I am still trying to recover from that horrific night. I just wanted to let you know where I started and everything that I have personaly been through. That's where I got started and i am not going to stop. keep it real, always wear a helmet and always love your friends and family. Life's short so enjoy it while it lasts.

It started for me on Christmas of 1986 when me and my twin brother each got brand new Honda TRX70's. I've always loved ATV's and have had many since then. This year I joined a couple local atv clubs and it's been great. I still have my original Honda TRX 70 and someday my son will ride it ounce he's old enough!

I got into them about 12 years ago. Up till then it was lifted trucks, but that started getting way too expensive.

I know what you mean i had a lifted Nissan when i was in High School and the tires alone cost a arm and a leg. LOL

I got into them about 12 years ago. Up till then it was lifted trucks, but that started getting way too expensive.

yup yup

I like being in the woods. I am LAZY! I don't like walking or trying to balance stuff, so bikes were out and quads were in. LOL!! Couldn't drive my truck through the woods, I need that to take me to work. LOL!!!

I remember when I was little my dad had a Big Red three wheeler and I rode that everywhere around the farm. He could never get me off it. lol I am in the military and seemed like every post I got stationed to, had a atv park or trails of some sort. So next thing I know, I bought a 04 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4. It was a good wheeler for the time I had it, but wanted to move into something bigger, so I went with a 07 polaris 800 4x4.

I started modifying the crap out of the popo and starting race circle comp pit. Just love being on my wheeler, either it be going thorugh 4 foot of water/mud or driving my polaris 500 through the trails. This is a great site and looking forward to posting and hopefully meeting some local riders with the same interest.

Brian

Before my family got into it my dad and I were looking for utilities for him and I to use while hunting. In 06 my dad got a brand new Honda rancher es full time 4x4 which the entire family learned to ride on. While at the track I saw some guys racing some 450s and I was hooked on the sport quads. I bought my 08 kawie april of 2007 one of the first 200 to hit the U.S market and its boomed from there.

Got out of riding for a lot of years, but when my son was 6 he wanted a dirt bike. Not 2 weeks later so did i. Since then it has escallated into an obsession. Now we go camping/riding for 4 weeks every summer.

My dad got my started on bikes about 5 years ago, but i thought quads would be more fun and then we got a Moto 4 225 for free and thats really what got me into them.

I had motorcycles growing up it started with a sears mini bike to a Honda mini trail 50, 1973 honda sl70, cr125, then in 1979 I got an XL175 to ride to school & play in the dirt. In 84 a Yamaha street bike. Then I went from about 86 till now without anything. I as well went and looked at a built Mustang & walked away knowing I would just get in trouble with it. So first I got my wife to agree to get my daughter a quad so she has an eton 90 2 stroke. Then I talked my wife into us going to look at one for me to be able to ride with my daughter. I seen a quad I wanted but she didn't want to spend the money on it so I started lookig at bikes while I was checking out the bikes she was talking to the guy who had them for sale she turned to me and said your not getting a bike. Next thing I knew the seller was getting the key for her to the quad I wanted(she loves me so much). So my first quad came home with us that day. So I'm back in the game of having a big boy toy. 02 prairie 650. Why start small and in a few months wish u had gotten a bigger quad. Start big and grow into it.