Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Mikey69

How did you get into Quads?

It's amazing to me to see some of the new utility ATVs vs how there were in the early 90's. Fuel injection, dashboards and suspension alone have come a long way. I'm thinking my next machine should be some sort of SxS, but who knows. I do like the price point of the Textron ALTERRA VLX 700 at $6k, just don't know much about them. However the new grizzlys are pretty nice! 

1988 the neighbor down the road bought a brand new Honda TRX250R... it was the most RADICAL bike any of us neighborhood kids had ever seen... it smoked the  A-Hole other neighbors Tri-Z...  After Chris took this little 6th grader for a ride, It was all over...

• Like 1

When my parents died I bought their 5 acre home, outside of Mariposa CA. After 45 years of being a fashion designer in San Francisco, I was done. After seeing me struggle with the 1949 Allis Chalmers tractor my Dad left, my brothers showed up with a present , a used 2006 Outlander 800. That thing is a beast, it has handle every chore 5 drought stricken acres ( lost a LOT of mature trees) can throw at it. On the fun side; nothing compares to chasing a sierra thunderstorm up the side of a mountain. I recently flipped the quad on a severe slope, I managed to throw myself uphill, but my hand got mangle in the mirror, the quad had not a scratch on it and still runs like a dream. 

I'm a bike guy I race motocross and ride single track. I'm 51 years old I might add. My wife was wanting to go with me since there's a bike trail and. Quad Orv trail that run parallel to each other. I bought her a 14 rancher she loved it. Then she got the bright idea of buying another quad. So we bought another rancher a 17 and I got a new 18 Honda crf450 bike. So now when I'm not racing or trail riding with the guys I take her riding. It's nice to ride with her and spend time on the trails with her.  Oh so now she found a mint 02 Honda 250ex. Yeah I bought it for her. I think she has a buying problem. She's up to 3 quads now.😳😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dravkracing said:

I'm a bike guy I race motocross and ride single track. I'm 51 years old I might add. My wife was wanting to go with me since there's a bike trail and. Quad Orv trail that run parallel to each other. I bought her a 14 rancher she loved it. Then she got the bright idea of buying another quad. So we bought another rancher a 17 and I got a new 18 Honda crf450 bike. So now when I'm not racing or trail riding with the guys I take her riding. It's nice to ride with her and spend time on the trails with her.  Oh so now she found a mint 02 Honda 250ex. Yeah I bought it for her. I think she has a buying problem. She's up to 3 quads now.😳😂

3 quads for the wifey sounds like "happy wife happy life"! That's pretty cool that you race motocross.

To be honest, still i am away from quad bike but i wanted to purchase one. I will purchase one is the near future.

Had to learn to drive stick and i figured it would be easier to start off getting the feel for the throttle and cycling through the gears on a TRX300 and then learning the clutch on the truck instead of doing it all at once. I was right. Never had an issue and picked it up quite smoothly (i think i got lucky and the old Chev i was learning on had a good/forgiving clutch).