Quantcast

How did you get into Quads?

On 4/9/2020 at 9:12 PM, Frank Angerano said:

I hear ya, if you can get proof that the warranty is still in effect and they will cover any breakdowns then i would say stick it out  for a year and let them do the maintenance.  Heck its only a once a year thing anyway unless your putting a lot of hours on the atv.

That was exactly what I was thinked about. It would be the one service, I not expect too many hours on my use. But, turns out that no service history logged on Polaris system and they stated if the vehicle have been claimed by insurance company, quarantee is gone...

So, this simplifies this issue. And, the Finnish importer of Polaris is well known to easyly reject all quarantee issues, even the clear cases...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Another “newb” here.   Picked up a 2019 Sportsman XP 1000 Premium last summer.  This is my 3rd quad for myself (previously 2007 Brute Force 650 and 2014 Sportsman 850 XP).  Also have 2 UTV’s just to keep things interesting.

Got into quads with family members and recreation property.

Will have a read through this forum and see if there is info for me to learn from and if there is anything I can add.

Edited by toy4wd
Forgot to address the topic
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, toy4wd said:

Another “newb” here.   Picked up a 2019 Sportsman XP 1000 Premium last summer.  This is my 3rd quad for myself (previously 2007 Brute Force 650 and 2014 Sportsman 850 XP).  Also have 2 UTV’s just to keep things interesting.

That’s pretty cool, what are the 2 UTVs you have? 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How did i get started? wow thats a tough one see my dad used an atv to help bury bodies in the woods when he...... oops never mind.  Really my dad ran snowmobiles and i just never got into them. My first was a Honda Big Red 3 wheeler that spent most of its time upside down on top of me, never mastered the slide. You would think that would break my spirit but no i bought 3 more because i heard that chicks dig scars so i set out to set a record. My first quad was a 220 Bayou that came in boxes as a do it yourself kinda deal, on the upside i got several wire milk crates for free. Road that around for a buncha years sold that and ran across a deal on a 2012 CF MOTO X5 and have had it since 2016. I later bought another 220 Bayou rolling chassis to play with, maybe turn into a reverse trike or something.

janet.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

• Like 1

Most tend to get started at an early age. However, I myself didn't get started until about 3 years ago when I was 29. The first thing I rode was a 2003 Polaris 330 Trailboss. "One Eyed Willie" they called it. It was a bike that got past around the community for ones that didnt have a quad yet. After that first ride I was hooked and spent the next year saving up to either by something second hand or put a down payment on one. Ended up going the finance option and happier because of it. Now I ride 2018 570 Sportsman and I have to say so far out of all the quads Ive rode since, mine is still the most comfortable enjoyable ride. Owners bias I'm sure but nothing really compares to that Polaris cushion seat.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Saw a four wheeler in a magazine ad at a young (singe digit) age. Ever since I can remember, I had interest in anything with wheels and an engine. But four wheelers were a new concept to me that I was hooked to, immediately.

Craig had not blessed us with his list yet. Word of mouth and the new paper were my 'search bar'.  I purchased a dirt bike around age 9/10 with saved holiday money. Alas, my preteen 'income' was never enough to acquire any of the atvs I found for sale. Luckily, neighbors and older friends occasionally graced me with permission to drive their machines but this only made me want one for myself even more.

At age 15/16, I was finally able to get a four wheeler of my own. I want to say it was a Honda Recon or what was left of one. I'm not sure which large mountain it fell off with all its broken/missing plastics and bent frame/suspension - but the engine worked and all the gears worked, most of the time, so it was a win for me.

Anyways, other machines have come and gone from my ownership. As I got older, I made small upgrades until my machines actually started to resemble the quads they started out as. I am very happy with my current Polaris Sportsman even though it pales in comparison to the gorgeous machines that I've seen members post. Guess I have to keep grinding.

If you enjoyed reading my crazed ramblings in this post - Great! If not, just remember, you probably only wasted a 1/4 of the time it took me to write this. Thanks over and out

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My girlfriend and I have 4 kids together. Two of the four, my second oldest and the only boy, the baby of the four, were both diagnosed with autism. The older of the two has more of a severe case. She is nonverbal but is high functioning mostly because of how we raised her and her brother. We treat them just like any other kid and never put them on a schedule because life is unpredictable and I’ve seen how detrimental it is when an autistic child’s schedule doesn’t get followed. We wanted to do something together as a family and something fun the kids would enjoy also. Our other two daughters have sacrificed a lot to help us as a family take care of their brother and sister with autism so we wanted them to enjoy it also. So we bought a few quads and have been riding with them as much as possible when it is possible for the last 6 years. They all love it.

Edited by Skweez
Typo
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I was a kid a bunch of older neighborhood kids used to rip up the street in front of my house to an old hotel property. They all had Honda big reds and 4 wheelers in the 80s. As I got older and moved back to the woods my son and his friends are all getting to be the same age and I couldn’t resist supporting him!

It was a natural progression from bicycle, to 49cc Honda moped, and finally a 1983 Honda 200x 3 wheeler.

Also, probably influenced by growing up in a rural environment before widespread Internet availability (aka, dial-up), as well as my high school friends being into ATVs.

I got into them by purchasing my kids a 50cc Kawasaki and then I came across a 1997 Suzuki Quad Runner LT-F250. I am currently working on it to get it running. It did not come with a carb but I just got one for it the original that belongs on it. I put a Carb rebuild kit by Shindy by watching a YouTube channel and currently replacing the Fuel Pump as well because it was out.