Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

HELLO

I HAVE A 650 BRUTE FORCE WITH STOCK TIRES

WHAT PRESSURE SHOULD I USE WHEN ROUGH ROCKY RIDDING

THANKS

jOHN

I have an '07 BF 650 i with ITP Terracross'

I run 3 PSI in the front and around 4-4.5 PSI in the back.....

I was running 6 front and back and the ride was pretty stiff.

Now, I love it....

I ride a lot of rutted trails with a decent amount of rocky trails....

YMMV.....

-TD

p.s. Toss the stock Dunnies!!!!!! They BLOW in the mud...and I'm not talking mud bogs either!

I agree....depends on the Ply Rating of the Tire.....How Heavy you are ETC. ETC....Mainly.....what Feels Comfortable to you....

Quick little Quote I found in 20 Seconds on Google

I can’t begin to tell you how many times I have kicked someone’s tire, only to find it hard as a rock or as soft as mashed taters. ATV tire manufacturers recommend tire pressures as low as 2.7 psi to as high as 10 psi. What is the correct pressure for your ATV tires?

First, look for the orange and white sticker (it’s usually on the left rear fender) on your ATV. Front and rear psi may be different, so don’t assume all tire pressures are the same. When all else fails, ask your wife what the owners manual says (most guys don’t read owners manuals).

If you’re going to be running the Grand National Cross Country series like I do, or if you're riding a lot of rocky terrain, you might want to increase the tire pressure above what is recommended, I run as high as 10 psi at some races because of the rocks.

Be sure to keep your tire pressure the same, left to right (both front tires should be the same and both rear tires the same). If one side is off by as little as ½-pound psi then the ATV will pull to the low side.

Know your tires. If you have aftermarket tires, follow the manufacturer's recommendations, but be careful not to mistake the sidewall higher pressure (as high as 25 psi) that is needed to bead the tire on the rim for the correct pressure for normal riding, which is much lower.

This is interesting and confusing. My neighbor said around 7 PSI. Now the side of the tire says do not inflate above 36 PSI and the manual said keep at low 30s.
Why would there be such a discrepancy?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.