Quantcast

Best paint for wheels?

Thanks for the info..do any stores sell that? like home depot, walmart ? and would ruffing up the surface to be able to paint them make them look rough or bad? I still want the smooth clean look

Sherwin Williams carries XIM products. They make several primers. You can also get it in an aerosol spray can. Clean the surface really well, then wipe clean with a good de-greaser before painting. It will bond just fine. But, just like any other paint it will chip from rocks etc. But thats going to be your best bet. SW also sells a good apliance Epoxy in rattle cans.

Recently talked to a friend and he said paint wont work on the rims at all..I cant see how they wouldnt..But i dont wanna spend money on powdercoat..not worth it

You can paint the rims if you rough them up, and use a good primer i chose not to paint my rims on my quad because the rims take so much of the brunt of things i knew the paint would be off so quick. powder coating them would def last longer, should be able to find someone to powder coat all 4 for 50-100 bucks. I just cleaned my rims up and polished them.

You can paint the rims if you rough them up, and use a good primer i chose not to paint my rims on my quad because the rims take so much of the brunt of things i knew the paint would be off so quick. powder coating them would def last longer, should be able to find someone to powder coat all 4 for 50-100 bucks. I just cleaned my rims up and polished them.

Thanks, I'll prob just get new rims all together on smaller tires..instead of powdercoating stock ones..and some great and ..somewhat sad news..The great part is my parents are going to pick up my atv tomorrow!, the sad news is..I will be at work from 12-9pm..and im getting a white trx450r not black/blue..because a dealer is like literally half a mile down the street and selling a brand new white one for 5899..I like white..not as much as black..just dont like red..but i will be very happy..and anyone suggest a color of nerfs? Im thinkin ..black nerfs with black rims still..would be neat..white on black ..i dont like chrome

Oh and :aargh::aargh::aargh::aargh::aargh::aargh: <--Excited about tomorrow

Thanks, I'll prob just get new rims all together on smaller tires..instead of powdercoating stock ones..and some great and ..somewhat sad news..The great part is my parents are going to pick up my atv tomorrow!, the sad news is..I will be at work from 12-9pm..and im getting a white trx450r not black/blue..because a dealer is like literally half a mile down the street and selling a brand new white one for 5899..I like white..not as much as black..just dont like red..but i will be very happy..and anyone suggest a color of nerfs? Im thinkin ..black nerfs with black rims still..would be neat..white on black ..i dont like chrome

Check out Albaaction.com for nerfs, i got an awesome price on mine. not sure if they would have somethin good for your quad. I got mine for $64.99. The alba nerfs are the same nerfs as tusk from rockymountain and rock from motosport.

quad_009_Medium_.jpg

Dont have them strung up yet but there on the quad

warrior_7_.jpg

Also check out blingstar.com they have some good nerfs as well.

Check out Albaaction.com for nerfs, i got an awesome price on mine. not sure if they would have somethin good for your quad. I got mine for $64.99. The alba nerfs are the same nerfs as tusk from rockymountain and rock from motosport.

quad_009_Medium_.jpg

Dont have them strung up yet but there on the quad

warrior_7_.jpg

Also check out blingstar.com they have some good nerfs as well.

They look pretty nice..like the blue theme..but imma go with the ac pro pegs..black..found some for 200$ complete with heelgaurds etc..

Hey, you just registered over at the Org yesterday. You were asking about getting the springs on your front shocks painted. Congrats on the new Honda 450. Very good choice. See you over at the Org. Best 450R site on the web.

congrats on the new wheeler :) you'll save a couple hundred bucks by getting the white one, and you can still trick it out like you would the black....

put up some pics as soon as you get them :)

I kinda wish I would have gotten the white one. Black plastics look like crap in no time.

The 450r..is in the truck..in the garage..let the jizzing commence :biggrin:

my dad managed to get the dealer to throw in some ac nerfs (chrome -.-) for free..all for 5899 on the white..im SOOO happy i get to ride tomorrow OH>>MY>>GOD...this is ..awsome, THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES

I'll put up some pics if i can find my camera..!

Well, I havent given her a name yet, (lol) but here she is!

P1010125.jpg

P1010126.jpg

P1010127.jpg

looks good. Be safe! These things are wheelie machines.

Rode it all day today..just breaking it in ofc..Cant wait till i can open her up..i wanna go ride right now but..loading it is soo ghey in my truck due to wheel wells and..no place remotely close

• 1 year later...

lmao just a thought Ive noticed alot of ppl on here wanting to get thair atv's painted If anyone is in oklahoma hit me up ill make your quad look awsome and you wont have to worry about the paint chipping off and all you have to do is buy the paint here is the frame I painted on my brothers raptor 660 its painted with house of kolor kandy greenprimed.jpgl_6a1aaa758a2d4b139ea41f117135b75d.jpgl_5b4cfa6b424b481a8cbfebcab1c05789.jpgl_856663af67d24987b95d107267ed0266.jpgl_3b0e85676e524dfa8df1d5142a5aad03.jpgl_97ed5d145f25467aa4902eb78de48f71.jpgl_7a79e7bce45f4308936aa3a664ec0893.jpg