Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

ddierking

My Viper 3000 winch on my '02 Suzuki Eiger

Well I just finished installing a new Viper 3000 winch on my 02 Eiger. Here are some pics how it turned out. The silicon was still wet when I took the pics and will dry clear.

viper1a.jpg

viper3a.jpg

viper4a.jpg

viper5a.jpg

viper7a.jpg

viper1a.jpg.afd8036b71d44e6e68759f0085a8125d.jpg

viper3a.jpg.2b79c7b62523cf3e9e24ed6a21cea77f.jpg

viper4a.jpg.b6fa9840765c59e902956db4fee13a21.jpg

viper5a.jpg.48c482350fde4748838e9979262a6296.jpg

viper7a.jpg.5f2019692736fd26793224cd5ca36fa0.jpg

From what I have read on various forums, people have been very happy with them and their customer service is awsome.

What's that stuff around the wires going to your contactor? I assume some type of waterproofing, my contactor is in the same location as yours and I want to put something over the hole I made to run the wires what did you use?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Aleksandr Boreesenko
      doesn't idle at times but sometimes when it does as soon as I touch the throttle it just shuts off, what could possibly be the problem? I thank you very much for any help, Thanks.
    • By Sled Dog
      Hello Team!  Hopefully someone can help me.  I've been to the Suzuki forum and its pretty dead.  I should have been on this site a while ago as I own a Canam, Hondas and a RZR!
      Anyways issue is the ATV won't start.  Friend gave it to me to try get running.  They installed a Amazon carb and machine did the same thing.  This machine has 1100 miles and is not beat.  Appears to have led a gentle life.
      So the first thing I did was ask for the original carb.  They do have and brought it over.  But first I changed out all the old gas and put new in.  Got it to start but would not idle.  But could ride it around yard.  Its a manual, went through all 5 gears.  Runs like normal but would not idle.
      So I got a Shindy rebuild kit and rebuilt the original carb.  Reinstalled and almost the same thing.  Starter spins and it tries to catch but doesn't until it does.  Then it seems to run ok.  Idles high but after a while it will go down.
      So I take tank off and give a very good cleaning.  Took off the fuel petcock.  All looks good.  No fuel in the vacuum line so I believe its working as it should.  Cleaned carb again.  Adjusted valves.  Did not need.  Reinstalled everything and same exact thing.  Spins like a maniac for 10 or more seconds before it will start.
      Spark plug is black.  Brand new one too.  I checked the spark and did not see any.  Googled how to do it and I was doing it right, tried again, now I have spark.  Hmmm.  Kept checking and always had it.
      My battle plan now is to clean the Amazon (Chy-na) carb and install that one.  If it does the same exact thing I'll figure its not the carb.  If it does something different this will tell me nothing as I don't trust the Amazon carbs!
      But now I've read that these models Eigers have issues with the fly wheel magnets coming loose.  And affecting spark.  Anyone know if this sounds right?  Maybe if the spark is out of time it makes it harder to start but once started the running engine can overcome that?
      Oh yeah, compression is 130, spec is 142.  Not sure I trust my Harbor frieght compression tester though.  I'm bringing it to work to get the gauge calibrated.
      Sorry so long winded but I like to give all the details I can for the people in the know!  Anything anyone can suggest I do?  Thanks for your time!
    • By Gilbey
      Just got 2018 Suzuki King 400 ASI, getting ready to install winch on it. Noticed the wire loom up front on top of frame to pass wires through but not quite sure where the loom comes out at. I am assuming by the battery but it is not visible........would you guys just wire direct to battery as I had on previous quad or is there a better spot to wire to? I had noticed a wire junction on top of driver rear wheel with nothing connected to it and was curious if my leads could bee run to that? May have to go to dealer to see if a mechanic there can give me some insight to this process. Thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated.
    • By AKATV
      For those that have been pulling hair out-
      It took me a month to figure this out, but I am glad to report that I have figured out how to repair my 2004 450ES Speedometer

If you have a Honda Foreman 02-04 450 ES model ( 4 indicator lights on top of meter)
      or a Honda Foreman 99-00 450 ES model ( 3 indicator lights on top of meter)
      or aOnda Rancher 00-03 TRX350ES

and your display:

- Is Blank

- does not show the gear indicator spot at all (not the gear or --) but the
      backwards "L" that goes around the gear position - its just blank

-your miles and hours have reverted to zeros or all 9"s and possibly now shows KM now instead of Miles

-your speed shown seems to have almost doubled (possibly KMs per hour even thought it shows Miles)

What has happened is your EEPROM chip on motherboard has lost the programming due to dead battery for
      a LONG time or an electrical malfunction etc...

I have borrowed a friends speedometer (a trusting friend) removed the chip from his, copied the data and put it on mine and it reads perfect now.

I can repair your speedometer it will have 1851 miles and 317.2 hours on it as that is the only copy I have for the 02-04 Foreman 450ES
      I can also do 99-2000 450ES speedometers (3 indicator lights on top of meter) but will have to double-check check on the mileage/hours copy I have and let you know to see if you want that

I can also do TRX500FM and FE meters and the older Rancher 350ES meters as well but it has to have the above symptoms and not water damaged-caught on fire, cracked lcd, etc....

If you have one you want repaired just send to me (just the board with LCD) I can repair it for you for $45.00 or barter if you have a second bad meter for parts
      Shipping would be 4 - $5.00 for First Class with tracking and I will pay return shipping
      I will confirm and send pictures to you as well to show a working completed repair on your display
      If there is heavy water corrosion, rust and rot damage etc.. its probably not repairable but I can try if you want -no fix-no pay
      If you PM me or whatever we can work it out I am easy and like you all I am always fiddling/learning with wheelers
      I think you will be happy and you will have more hair -mine is filling back in...................
      Message me if interested

I am now also doing burned out screen repair if your screen has become unreadable due to UV sunburn damage from the sun
      It will appear burned or melted.
      The cost is 45.00 with same or next day turnaround
      Will do partial barter if you have a second speedometer for parts
      PM me if interested
      Before and after pictures below

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?
    • By Racer944
      Hi Folks;
      Has anybody on here installed a winch on a 2003 Magnum 2x4? I am using a Cycle Country adapter plate (only one I could find), but am having a bit of trouble getting it all to fit properly, and am looking for someone that may have done this install and/or may have some pics of the installation.
      Thanks!
      Eric
    • By Steve1266
      I went out to ride my quad today. When I started it up it ran for a minute, then died. Since then it will turn over but won't start. I've check the spark plug and get great fire. I have had this quad for about 6 months, and very new to breaking it down. But need help. Thanks
    • By evlsnke
      loud clicking, snapping noise under load when accelerating.
    • By toonces
      My mother has just developed a fairly serious case of sciatica, which is a condition where you have some serious leg pain as the result of a pinched sciatic nerve. One of the exercises she does in physical therapy is simply the therapist holding onto her foot and pulling away from her hips as she lays on her back on a table. To replicate this exercise at home they have recommended an inversion table (where you turn upside down and hang from your feet), but since she's not too keen on this idea I'm trying to figure out how to replicate this exercise...which is where the idea of a remotely operated winch comes in.
      I don't really have a wide range of knowledge when it comes to what equipment is out there that can help me accomplish this goal, but I'm not too shabby at designing things and since I just installed a superwinch on my grizz this is the first idea I've come up with.
      Basically I'm imagining using some kind of winch whose rope would be worked through a pulley system that would end attached to a shoe which Mom would put on, lie down and use the remote switch to gently stretch the leg.
      - Winch (if an ATV winch) would be powered by a 12v car battery hooked up to a trickle charger
      - Safety mechanisms would include...
      - a light switch dimmer inline between the 12v battery and the winch so speed can be adjusted.
      - possibly using one of those stretchy rubber exercise resistance bands in the line segment to regulate and ease the pulling
      - a remote power cut off switch paired with the remote 'in/out' switch
      Honestly I could just go ahead and make this system myself, and I'm fairly sure it would work, but I thought I'd bounce this idea off a mechanically minded community to see if there are any ideas how I could improve on the design.
      Since I'm only familiar with ATV winches at this point that's what I've imagined using. But if anyone is aware of a 110v based winch that would be more appropriate, that would surely help in simplifying powering the system since it'll be located indoors. Only requirement for the winch would be that it would need both an in and out function operated by a remote switch. And since the winch would only need to pull between 10-20 lbs it wouldn't need to be nearly as beefy as the ATV type.
      Sorry for the long write up here but I'm certainly glad for your time and open to your opinions and suggestions.