Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Idiots ruining our fun

I love the new 700s. Would love to be able to go pick one of those up :)

I lust over them every time I see them at the dealer (ask lildaisygrl, she'll tell ya!).

I'm not sure what year your previous Rhino was, but a $5200 trade in is a good deal for the dealer, if they fix it up, esp if you put the stock hood and such back on it. But I think this will hurt you if you bring this to the good ole American justice system. You're entitled to damages. Damages are now longer to repair, it's the value you would have lost on the trade in. Did the dealer tell you how much they would have given you on trade in, if it was mint? I believe used retail value on them is between 7-8500 depending on extras and such. Just an FYI to be prepared on if they try to go this route in the defense. Not sure if you'll have to disclose this in small claims or not.

Would be nice to have the judgement so when he chooses not to pay you can go after his assets/property. Check with local law, if he is a business owner (you're sueing the father I assume right?) or a home owner. You can get a lien placed on either the business or his home. Stick it to uhm :)

The other one we had was an 06. I left the Full Bore body kit on it, FMF pipe and BRP CDI box. That topped out at about 56mph. Stock is 42. The upgraded suspension on the 08 is unbelievable. If you want one I highly recommend getting one. It is well worth the money.

I disclosed the info about the damages to the salesman. He didn't tell his bosses and they didn't see it on inspection. So they gave us as if mint. But I'm in REAL good with that salesman so I could even get him to write me something that says they would have given us more.

I will have the new one even better. So far it has after market tires/wheels and bumper with hid lights. To come is a CDI box from BRP(Black Rhino Performance), FMF exhaust, k&n filter with pre filter. I'm gonna remove the whole airbox. Get a juice box from 2 brothers which allows you to change the fuel mapping on the EFI. That should get it up to about 55-56 MPH. From BRP I'm also getting the harness bar so I can mount the 4 point simpson belt.

I will have the new one even better. So far it has after market tires/wheels and bumper with hid lights. To come is a CDI box from BRP(Black Rhino Performance), FMF exhaust, k&n filter with pre filter. I'm gonna remove the whole airbox. Get a juice box from 2 brothers which allows you to change the fuel mapping on the EFI. That should get it up to about 55-56 MPH. From BRP I'm also getting the harness bar so I can mount the 4 point simpson belt.

you wear seatbelts in those things?:huh:

does it shift like a car?

No, it has just high/low and reverse. But you can switch it from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive and lock diffs all with the push of a button. Yeah, we wear seat belts. If you roll the rhino, that's 1200 lbs that you are gonna be bouncing inside of. Most common injury with SxS is people getting legs and arms crushed. Seat belts help prevent these things.

No, it has just high/low and reverse. But you can switch it from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive and lock diffs all with the push of a button. Yeah, we wear seat belts. If you roll the rhino, that's 1200 lbs that you are gonna be bouncing inside of. Most common injury with SxS is people getting legs and arms crushed. Seat belts help prevent these things.

can u get a pic of the inside?

So today started out great. Blue skys, warm air. We loaded the toys up to go play in the mountains. We arrive, everything is unloaded and we ride about 3/4 mile down a dirt road to get to the actual trail. I'm leading with Rhino not far behind when some 15 year old DUMB AS* on a YZ250 comes flying around a blind corner at about 40-50mph coming towards us. Luckily I slowed down for the corner and stayed to the inside when he went flying out of control around the outside. He smacked right into the Rhino peeling the rim off the tire, sliced the tire in 2 spots, ripped the corner of the hood. Ball joint is tweeked, that is what is obvious. I'm taking it to the shop tomorrow.

Oh yeah about the schmuck. He flew over the bars and schattered his collar bone on the roll cage. His dad is paying for it.

I'll post pics of the damage later.

I just hope the kid learns a lesson from it. Sounds like his dad is being reasonable so maybe he will.

hahahahahaha thats funny. that punk would pay for it..believe that.

i hate these stupid kids. [i know its funny for me to say this cause im still a kid too] but i ride with repect for everyone else. im not all stupid. i hate kids that ride like that. i mean come on man. have some respect.

yeah usually wen people ride like that, its cause they suck and wanna show off! if ur any good u dont need to prove it.:no:

I have all the respect in the world for you old guys. My dad's 50, not that old, but he can pass me at anytime he wants to sitting down. About 15 years ago my dad did the Baja 1000 on a bike. He and his teammates went into the race all cocky because they were the top 4 desert racers in AZ. They finished, averaged about 67 MPH. Johnny Campbell's team took 1st and averaged about 95 MPH. Campbell still races, and he hasn't slowed down. That's fast.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxVf6queWxU]YouTube - 1x Hengeveld Baja 1000 2007[/ame]

damm septic just backed up after 11 years- now I cant concentrate, sorry!

yeah when we were young[this will include your Dad] we did some really stupid things with crappy tires and 3 inches of suspension. I'll bet your Dad has some cool stories....I do and I'm a little older than he is but not enuf to matter in dirt bike terms.

We are the reason you guys now enjoy 12"+ of suspension! the jeremy mcgraths of the world can thank our kidneys and bladders just for starters LOL.

I bot rear shox for my DKW from Charlie Curnutt out of his garage in the late 60's. charlie who?

those days are gone.....

;p

WOW that wasnt that big a bike! 450 at most, I would guess a 250. and the locals weren't trying to kill you for parts??? I don't go near that country anymore. that's one of the reasons haha. and no, the other did not involve tequila.....:confused:

that looks like here in september, the damm dust is like talcum powder and LOVES goggles! being an old fart I wear bifocals under the goggles and it can make for a frustrating day.... at the end of the day we all smell like goats, look like phantoms, after shave smells kinda like budweiser and we swap stories! this is what living is all about my friend!

:jimlad:

got the atc185 running today! it was the CDI box. $158 from Honda, 34.98 w/ 3 yr wty on ebay. started on the first pull! needs a little carb work but I can handle that. It SAVED my grandkids vacation! I need one more ride- they had 4 out of 5 on the trail today! IT WAS COOL

If anyone knows of a friend in need of a pulse generator or electronic advance, I have both which I don't need. tested good. very reasonable. ;p

Welcome to COHVOPS

this is the riding area we created.....check it out, you guys can do it too.

Welcome to COHVOPS

Welcome to COHVOPS

just to make sure. let me tell you about the USFS experiment:

this is[was?] the largest riding area in the USA operated, maintained and policed by the USFS and a local MC/ATV club. COMAC. it is currently 320 miles of trails, 110,000 acres of groomed, marked and mapped trails with 4 campgrounds with potties plus you can ' primitive camp' if you want within reason. Since a large amount of the lumber still comes from ORYGUN we are still a bit touchy about fire [like drilling oil wells right?] we REQUIRE SPARK ARRESTERS and also honor other states' off road stickers but if you are without ours are only $11.00 for 2 years and you'll have this cool sticker when you get home. check out the site/link for more info. questions just email me. we all know the gumment dont we? ;p

I have room for ya and am looking forward to it!!!!yer gonna love it

:aargh:come on dude we have room for ya ! the pacific is only 300 miles away- how many chances do you expect to get? I'll even loan you a quad, atc185 cool enuf? cmon man! :huh:

BOT you are on all I have to do is buy an extra dozen eggs and a box of beer a day LOL. Now if 'honey'; is coming, we'll get nicer stuff LOL

let me know. brown eggs OK? hahaha:huh: