Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Stoopidbot1

Why quads get a bad rap

It's people like this that gave birth to the term "quadtarded"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab33Q7Wtyv4&NR=1]YouTube - Quadtarded![/ame]

Then there are people on bikes like this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swyuHQvoyV0]YouTube - Stupid Dirt Bike Crash[/ame]

I can't edit this FORUM, the page is distorted in Internet Explorer. You need to remove the tags. Just use the direct url. :yes:

Hey that guy on the bike reminded me of....:blush5c: ME! LOL that's why I got a quad... :huh:

Anybody who has spent a good amount of time on a bike riding hard has pulled that move. Maybe not that extreme.

Yup been there done that. I had a bad wreck about 5 years ago. I rolled into a 40 foot canyon. Hyperextended both of my knee's fractured my ankle, and had bruised ribs. I was making sure my 4 wheeler right after rebuilding it and making sure everything was good to go. I wasn't paying attention and rolled right into a canyon. It hurt a little bit(____) that much. LOL

and thats also why you dont let your stupid friends that say they know how to ride and are really good at it ride your vehicles, because stuff like that will happen

here's a bad rap...

say ur g'in

nobody else is seein'

and the freak that ur with is infront of u

finish that my bad rappin' amigo's!

all sports get a bad rap...if it weren't for the iD10T's, new idea's wouldn't evolve....yes they are stupid, but are these guys?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo0Cazxj_yc[/ame]

Edited by WillyPoP

Here is another reason this sport gets a bad rep. People die from it! I watch my best friend hit a tree doing about 45 and it killed him instantly. Because we were just cruising and dirt got in his eyes and bam! After all this has happened you wont ride the same ever again! Trust me from this, watching your best friend who you introduced into this sport get killed, makes you think twice about everything from there on!

Here is another reason this sport gets a bad rep. People die from it! I watch my best friend hit a tree doing about 45 and it killed him instantly. Because we were just cruising and dirt got in his eyes and bam! After all this has happened you wont ride the same ever again! Trust me from this, watching your best friend who you introduced into this sport get killed, makes you think twice about everything from there on!

Ya, I watched a guy on a snowmobile run into a barbwire fence. He ripped his face open to his ears on both sides, he survived, but that night has stuck with me for the rest of my life. It's made me slow down and think about how fast your life can change in the blink of an eye. And your right, it gives the whole sport a black eye, but what bothers me is the fact that people die every day on the hiways, but you're not instantly tagged an idiot for that, and in my opinion there's a higher idiot ratio of daily road rage on public roads.

The people i hate are the ones parked on the side of the trails Drinking beer or what ever then get back on there quads and do some riding.

Dam the piss me off.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

I always hurts to loose a friend or watch someone get hurt. If you are careful and not doing anything stupid then it is truely an accident and well they happen. I have seen a few bad acidents and even had a few close calls. The point is that if you are a hard core rider you choose to take that risk. Everyone percieves what is dangerous based on what they feel comfortable with. Football is dangerous you can get hurt or become paralized but that sport in no way has the same bad wrap. I just think it is others that do not understand what getting out with friends and family while atving/camping is really about who are quick to put down our sport.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ajmboy
      Interesting to read what the thought process was only 63 years ago. Might be BS according to some of the posts on reddit. This was actually posted 15 years ago and making its rounds again...lol.

• By Frank Angerano
      Not sure how many of you will remember this or give a crap about it but back in 2016 I picked up my first old atv to rebuild. Yamaha bear tracker 250. I picked it up in NJ while I was out looking for a quad for my little guy since he started this atv thing after seeing a few old pictures of me in my hay day riding. 

The person I was getting the 50cc quad had this one laying around and asked if I was interested in it.  It was beat up and hadn’t ran in a few years.  No spark the guy said and he left it to sit.  I wound up taking both bikes. 
      I wish I had pics but I deleted the original post on Quadcrazy and lost the old ones on my phone when I upgraded. 
      This was the atv that caused me to stumble upon Quadcrazy since I needed a little help with the spark issue.  So needless to say I fixed it, did some cosmetic work and she was good to go. I took it upstate and used the shit out of it for just about everything under the sun. This atv made it through some deep snow, mud etc. I decided to leave it up there and use it as a back up since it’s been about 50 atv’s later and I have newer machines now. But unfortunately it sat for some time and it’s a little beat up so I brought it back home and going to clean it up. Amazing how one year sitting has done so much damage. 
      This was the first atv that I owned in over 30 years! It’s the atv that brought me here to Quadcrazy where now I endlessly check the site to see what’s going on, who’s talking about what and who can we help with there problem or can help me with mine as well as the on slot of what I do today as a hobby with atv’s. It’s been a great pass time for me and my son with the projects we have gotten and get into. He’s learned how to ride so well it scares me a little watching him. He’s learned how to fix, maintain and upgrade atv’s. He’s insanely good with carburetors as well. 
      It’s a good thing when a kid wants to play in the garage over his X Box!!
      The funny thing about this bike is that when we finished it we thought it was the best thing! We were missing a rack on the front and didn’t care since it looked ok, had no clue where to get parts or how to fix plastics. I was so new to this again since I was staring all over again and now had to remember things and also teach my son!  
      So we will be tearing into the bear tracker to get her up and running again as well as maybe a few new cosmetic changes and hang on to her for a while since I love this bike.  The last two pics are the bike the day we finished putting it all back together and when it was upstate for the first week. 

Had no intention of this post going so long. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• By StolenATV
      1987 Suzuki LT 80 and 2007 Honda CRF 50 dirt bike stolen out of my driveway on July 4th. Anyone with info that recovers them will get $400 no questions asked.
      Thanks
      The post Suzuki LT 80 Quad And Honda Dirt Bike appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
    • By JacobSlabach
      So yesterday I picked up a 07 polaris sportsman 800efi stealth edition for 3k.  Will lead a pic ltr.  In good shape.  Here's what's wrong with it:
      The rpm needle doesn't work just like my other sportsman... not too worried ab that.
      The motor doesn't sound like it's running quite right and doesn't feel like it has much more power than my 500.  I'm thinking it needs a tune up and some fresh oil..  but also it feels like it's running rich.  It's a little buggy when you goose the throttle and sometimes farts when you let off (like I little backfire out the exhuast). I'm gonna check timing and valave clearence on the motor first but thinking of putting a tuner on it? Anybody got a suggestion?  Mainly looking for more power.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By bradleyheathhays
      Life got the best of me this year and to make a long story short my '11 Grizz 700 has a half tank of gas (w/ no stabilizer) and hasn't been started for around 9 or 10 months. I have apologized to it and promised this will never happen again, but in the meantime I'm faced with what to do to remedy the problem. Ideally I suppose I should get the tank off and drain the gas, replacing with non-EtOH gas (which thankfully I just found in my area).
      Any advice on how to get this done (draining the tank) or how difficult it might be?
    • By Raventurous
      Hi! I'm new here, and I'm striving hard to learn about doing my own quad repairs. That's how I stumbled on this forum, and I wanted to introduce myself.
      I wrote a little article about my travails with wrenching on my website, Raventurous - My Life Outside My Comfort Zone (specifically, Mechanics Make Quad Repair Look Easy). I'd really love for you to check it out ant tell me what you think. I've been riding quads for about five years and have been working on my own repairs for nearly that long.
      Thanks for checking out this post! I’ll hope to get to know people soon.
      -Raven

• By huntr357
      Hello all, not sure if I'm asking this question in the area but here it goes.
      My issue started the other day when I was using my Honda TRX420TM7 to run my brush sprayer. I realized I low on fuel, so I grabbed a fuel jug and added enough to take it to approx 1/2 tank or so. After running it for a little while it started acting up and smoking. I figured out that the fuel I used had gone bad so I went to drain the tank. I have what appears to be 3 hoses going into a canister. I pulled one of them and the tank drained completely. I added brand new fuel back to the tank and cleaned spark plug. It will start and run for a few seconds then shut down. My question is, where can get a complete diagram of the fuel system or can one of you tell me how to clear the whole system so I may use atv again. Thank you in advance.
    • By waynep
      I have a 1996 kawasaki bayou 300 that i cant seem to get running for more then about 10 seconds i think i need it to spin a little faster. i had it giving it to me and havent ever worked on a four wheeler yet. i have already cleaned the carb and did all the maintainance things i could think of. and am hoping for a good starting point Thanks Guys!!