Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Can you drill yamaha wheels to fit a honda bolt pattern? In theory i dont see anything wrong with it..other than you having more holes than normal..or would that make it weaker or something

Not a good idea. You are taking away the structural integrity by doing that. They designed that the face of the wheel is where alot of your support comes from. Chances are nothing bad would happen but you raised the chances of a wheel failing off a big jump. There won't be the same kind of support on the wheel so it could crack between the OEM holes and the holes you made.

def not a good idea... your better off picking up a used set of rims ...it wouldnt be pretty loosing a wheel going 60 mph...

def not a good idea... your better off picking up a used set of rims ...it wouldnt be pretty loosing a wheel going 60 mph...

wow its been awhile since I heard from you :laugh:

Can you drill yamaha wheels to fit a honda bolt pattern? In theory i dont see anything wrong with it..other than you having more holes than normal..or would that make it weaker or something

I think you could do it but like some others said I would NOT advise it.

I once had a set of dune paddles/ wheels and they had multiple sets of holes in them and so would fit multiple bolt patterns. I did use them on multiple quads with no problems.

I also think it would depend on the type of wheel and the strength of that center section.

Imma drill em, so many people have told me its ok and have done it with NO problems on hard riding, + the rims are douglas .190s, which some of you know are some of the strongest rims. Plus there going on paddle tires, which means no jumping there strictly drag tires so theres hardly any chance they will break.

Imma drill em, so many people have told me its ok and have done it with NO problems on hard riding, + the rims are douglas .190s, which some of you know are some of the strongest rims. Plus there going on paddle tires, which means no jumping there strictly drag tires so theres hardly any chance they will break.

well go for it then:yes:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Asen_77
      Hi All,
      My name is Asen and I am from Eastern Europe, Bulgaria. Riding a Yamaha Raptor 700R and this is my first Quad wanted for a vey long time :)

• By quadtech62
      I have a 02 Warrior i am trying to build a wiring harness i have looked in the manual and  i am confused... the pick up has 2 wires.  W/R W/G The source rotation coil has 2 wires. One is Red other is white/blue. The manual shows the  the white and blue wire connected to the w/g  right after the stator... so why is these 2 wires connected?  Does not show w/b wire at cdi 
      i have looked at many options with no luck if someone has a 2002-2004 warrior and can take a pic of the wires and location at cdi i would really appreciate it. Thanks
    • By StolenATV
      Someone rolled the ATV away from my apartment and I haven’t seen it since. It had a blue subframe. SS rims and a mossy oak camo vinyl wrap. No telling what it’s like now.
      The post Honda TRX450R 2005 Stolen appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
    • By Chase Cook
      Hi I have a 1991 Honda trx200d type 2 ATV and need to know how to adjust the valves on there. The valve adjustments are on the side of the head and looked up videos in there is no videos at all on how to adjust them. I'm taking the head back off to adjust the timing because it's making good spark and getting gas but it's not firing, trying to start but I'm thinking it's because of the adjustments are way out of  line. And I didn't take a picture of how they were before I took the head off.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By D__L
      I want to upgrade, not sure what size tires will fit and do I need wheel spacers and lift kit?
      What performance mods do I need to do for the larger tires or don't need to ?
      Like the Maxxis Vipr tires.
      Maxxis Vipr front 27x9R-14
      Maxxis Vipr Rear 27x11R-14
      What size wheel will work? offset?
      Stock 25x10-12 Rears and 25x8-12 Fronts
      Stick with 12 inch wheels and get taller tires?
      Thanks,
    • By jwwillis
      Bought a kazuma 110 yesterday with carb issues, needs new front sprocket, and a ignition switch which is no big deal. Got the quad near dark, got from a friend so didn't think it would be a problem. Long story short their is a lot of things wrong he didn't tell me about including the rear wheels are locked up and wil not move, read on other forums that the rear diff was more than likely screwed up. Was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a rear diff rebuild kit for a kazuma because I cant find one online, Does it have to be a kazuma rebuild kit? how much do you think a mechanic would charge to rebuild? Any other suggestions would be appreciated greatly!
    • By captpfd
      I own a stock 2002 Beartracker with 10" rims. I found a set of new take-offs wheels and tires from a Grizzly that are 12". Was told they would fit. Got them home and the right rear tire hits the muffler. all others fit fine. Any ideas or options. Can the ATV be lifted a few inch to make the new wheels work?
    • By lotsaluck4u
      for some reason the front wheels randomly lock up while riding. seems to be more apparent after backing up. any ideas?
    • By captpfd
      I have a 2002 Bear Tracker that has 10 rims/wheels. A friend has a set of new 12" wheels from a 2009 Grizzly. Will these wheels fit my Bear Tracker?