Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Clint

snorkel question??

I have a 1986 225 moto 4. I have been just playing with it for fun and i put a snorkel on it. In the air box under the seat there is a hole in the front of the box. That is where i have ran the tubing for the snorkel. It is sealed really well and seems to work. The only question that i have is that i seem to have lost a good bit of power. I know that they are suppose to lose some power when a snorkel is added but i dont think is much. When i take the airbox top off add run it it seems to run perfect, (power and fast for a moto 4). However when i put the lid back on the power is lost. I was wondering if it was not getting enough air. Not sure??? Could i add a Y coupling to the one tube and then run 2 air lines off of it. Also when i run over a bump and the rear tires come off the the ground a little bit it seems to speed up and run perfect. Could a bulb or something be cloged in the carb?? I know that this is a long question but this has been bothering me for a while. I confused at all please let me. Thanks

I would try putting the "Y" on it and giving it another tube. Just think how far the air has to travel before it hits the filter. I've even seen people who will seal off the air box. Have no filter in there, but have the filter at the end of your snorkel. Make sure you have a pre filter on it.

Welcome to the site!

Dude fixed and it runs 100 times better. It also looks better. thanks man! also i have another question. do you know anything about "super grip super light" tires?

Just looked them up, have never heard anything about them. They look good. Light, and they are still a 6 ply tire. Go for it.

I think that i am going to do it. dude thanks man. I will let you know how it goes. thanks

I have a 1986 225 moto 4. I have been just playing with it for fun and i put a snorkel on it. In the air box under the seat there is a hole in the front of the box. That is where i have ran the tubing for the snorkel. It is sealed really well and seems to work. The only question that i have is that i seem to have lost a good bit of power. I know that they are suppose to lose some power when a snorkel is added but i dont think is much. When i take the airbox top off add run it it seems to run perfect, (power and fast for a moto 4). However when i put the lid back on the power is lost. I was wondering if it was not getting enough air. Not sure??? Could i add a Y coupling to the one tube and then run 2 air lines off of it. Also when i run over a bump and the rear tires come off the the ground a little bit it seems to speed up and run perfect. Could a bulb or something be cloged in the carb?? I know that this is a long question but this has been bothering me for a while. I confused at all please let me. Thanks

Hey man new the forum I specialize in snorkel kits im interested in helping you out!!! Look did you run all PVC or did you run flex hose? I wold make sure I was running at least 2" pipe all the way out and stay away from anything that has a ribbed inside that will cause your air going in the airbox to swirl. You may have to add a hole to your airbox and put a male and female connector and run an extra snorkel out to get enough air to the motor. Hope this helps feel free to send me an e-mail for direct further questions. [email protected] Dillon

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Mo Salem
      So my front hub broke, I’d like to put aftermarket on. Hard to find new oe ones. Please help. I’m new to all of this, I have some car knowledge and try to apply it
    • By mrfartsalot
      i have a 1986 yamaha moto 4 200 and was wondering if i could put a 350 or 300 jug and piston on it to bump up the cc?
    • By derick geisendorfer
      I found a black rubber hose hanging down from the front of my Sportsman 850.  I'm trying to see if it's the diff vent hose, or something else and if it's something else, what it's supposed to attach to...  
    • By Elijah Stone
      Hi all new to the forum I have a Yamaha Moto 4 champ (100cc?) (YFM100) so I've been trying to get this thing to start for awhile honestly I'm running out of ideas so I'll start with the things Ive replaced and done first it was not trying at all and then I put a brand new battery then the terminals broke so I bought some nice copper ones fixed that up so now battery is got good voltage and all that I have checked all the plugs cleaned everything off so anyway it still wasn't trying but I couldn't get the crank case off and I didn't think using fire was a good idea lol so I busted the crank case off on the left side(if you are sitting on it) wierdly enough the flywheel started spinning I thought it was odd but went with it then I replaced the spark plug still wasn't getting spark so I replaced the ignition coil then it was getting spark next the carburetor was really gross I cleaned it out still wasn't working so I in turn decided just to replace it with a new one so I did (PS I never figured out how the fuel lines hook up if someone wants to help with that to lol) also for good measure put a new air filter so then I pressing the button Everytime I replace something and nothing so then I think what if it's the stator so I have no idea what a good or bad stator looks like but me being to rough I broke the wires on the thing but still no changes the fly wheel spins gets compression (I think) getting spark from spark plug idk other tidbits that might be useful I don't have a clutch line so idk if that has something to do with it I do have the break zip tied in to bypass the safety feature also the throttle cable is in fact broken and I'm working on buying a new petcock for my gas tank because my current one is broke I have very limited money this is supposed to be a project before I go to school for welding and automotive tech so I don't have any money to get a mechanic lol but I'm pretty confident in my ability to do anything u suggest any suggestions are welcome I'll edit and submit pics
    • By Tiffany Rowland
      I recently purchased an 07 Honda sportrax and when I was checking the spark plug I saw the boot was ripped nearly in half. When I removed the plug it was blackened and covered in oil. How can I thoroughly clean the plug hole and remove any debris that is in there? Is there a small tube like vacuum or something of the sort made for stuff like this? The machine my dentist has would be perfect, maybe they do rentals! 😁
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Wastedfun
      Hello everyone. My first post as a new owner to my first atv. I have a 2012 Kymco Maxxer 450i, which as I have found, is basically an Arctic Cat 450 xc.
      I just bought the atv and will be bringing it home from my cousins house, where i stored it after my first river test run, tomorrow. During my test run, I got it in about a foot to foot/half of water and got the belt soaked, and of course lost all power. I was able to fix it by popping off the cvt exhaust tube and revving the engine a bit, but this is a problem I need to fix...Before next weekend...I have a big river trip planned that will last the whole weekend.
      So, the AC/Kymco sucks in water...and for the life of me I cant seem to find a good video or guide on how to snorkel it. Am I to assume everyone just goes at it blind and just figures it out as they go? I dont want to pay $200 for someones pre-packaged pvc tubing, but it would be nice to find something that covers this topic.
      Tomorrow after work I will get a better idea of it once I have it in my garage. But I want to also know, do I have to snorkel the intake and exhaust vents? should I worry about the airbox as well? I actually have only seen the cvt exhaust vent so I dont know where the others are taking air from.
      I would love to see some examples of people snorkeling their AC/Kymco atvs so I can kind of plan where I should run my tubing. And I want to try and avoid cutting into my plastics...if possible.
      I also cant seem to find a replacement for the rubber hose that comes off the cvt, just encase I want to cut it and put it back to stock later to sell. Id like to see how much they cost first lol.
      Aside from this main questions, any tips or tricks I should know about this model before I spend the weekend putting it through hell? Should I run premium fuel?
      Yes, I am a noob to all this. I have ridden many ATVs, I have just never owned one. My cousin has like 7 or 8 of them so I have always been able to ride his. Now its time for me to learn lol.
      Thank you!

• By kemperboy01
      i have a 2001 yamaha big bear 400 that i will be snorkeling i was wondering what size jet to put as main jet can i buy a stage 1 jet kit on ebay and that work ?? thanks
    • By jimbo1944
      Greetings,
      I have a 1998 Yamaha big bear 350, new to this. When its cold it is very difficult to shift. Once its warm its ok, however, my old feet don't like the shifting. I saw on ebay a hand shifter conversion kit. Any advice, I live in the Low Country of SC no hills, I use the machine around the farm for corning and scouting.
      Thanks,
      Jim
    • By neo33ny
      Long story short, I have an lt160 with a quad racer swingarm. It needs new front pivot bearings. Whoever swapped the swingarm used pipe and stacks of washers to space it but it still seemed to have quite a bit of play. My question is how would I go about spacing it more "legit"?. It's just going to be a beater for around the farm but I don't want it totally cob jobbed. From the looks of it, it's just a matter of aligning it, measuring and finding something to shim the gaps. Correct me if I'm wrong or if there's a better or proper way to go about this. Also not sure what I would use for spacers. Any help/tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
    • By westislandrifle
      Hello I've been looking into snorkelling my KVF for those " hold my beer watch this" moments
      And I haven't been able to find any aftermarket kits and was wondering if any one here has do da set up out of PVC piping and how they did it so you do t have to redo the jetting of the carb if possible and if the have pics of they're set up
      Cheers
      Nick