Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!
As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery. Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.
Well im at it again, took about an hour drive Saturday and made a deal on this old honda.
Might be restorable. Tires pretty dry rotted, mastercylinder broken glass and probably full of water.
Handed me the carb he rebuilt (oh no) He said ran about 6 months ago but when we pushed out of his
field there was a tree growning through it. See pic. Missing some parts, also missing the intake. Motor is not
locked up, Has piece of plastic crammed in the head since no carb there for months. Brake cables bad, etc. Thats
part of the fun. Im sure I will be posting some questions later for you all. Stay tuned Az.
I have a 2011 850 Sportsman. Has been absolutely trouble free except for 1 thing. I am on my 4th. ignition switch. I don't know if it's that they are all chinese junk or what. It gets to a point when you turn the key and it will act like the battery is going bad. Cranks real slow or not at all. Put a new switch in and its fine. New one will last 1 1/2 - 2 years and its junk. I've had the Polaris brand and after market. As a matter of fact the original one lasted the lest amount of time. Other than that it's been a perfect machine . No electrical problems. No battery problems. Just curious if anyone else has had the same issue.
By Dra O
I likely just kissed $200 goodbye buying a Honda 250 this AM from Craiglist. We'll see.
- VIN number is off the front frame; one VIN site calls it a 2008 Honda 250 TRX - this baby ain't a 2008; other VIN sites list the VIN as invalid; might be that the owner (a shady dude from a shadier side of my home town) put a 2008 front end on it? No idea.
- a HUGE hint (hint #1) would've been that there's no key to start the machine - gotta use a screwdriver. I'll likely be visited by police sometime in the near future.
- owner acquired from another man - owner showed me video of him riding it this summer on a major interstate while very drunk (hint #2) - the machine sounded good in the video
- no front headlight; owner said machine has new carb - looks Chinese - he didn't have original carb; air intake box is wide open - no long plastic connection sleeve leading into air box like on my 99 king quad; no visible oil leaks; oil is dark; air filter clean; decent plastic; no front right brake apparatus; left brake handle very loose and rear brake doesn't work
- battery at this point is good; manipulate the ignition switch w/ screw driver and the green neutral light shines (this has since stopped working)
- it's a kick start machine: when I kicked it down (hint #3), the compression sounded normal, almost "tight" but at the end of the cycle, there was some awful grinding noise coming from what sounded like either inside the engine or the starter area; I let it settle, kicked it again, same noise heard at the end of cycle; owner said it likely needs a new starter - I only hope it's this simple
pictures attached - the throttle cable / zip tie pic is my favorite - but it works! it was CRAZY dirty prior to pressure washing - and the water in air box is likely secondary to the power wash - no water was in it when purchased
gotta few things to complete on the king quad - will be changing motor/gear oil in honda and getting new oil filter over time - talk soon - hope y'all had a great Christmas
Do any of you fine folks happen to have a rear swing arm skid plate for a 400EX you would part with at a reasonable price? New ones are between $60 and a Hundo and that seems a bit steep. I've kicked around the idea of fabbing one but 2nd hand OEM would be preferable. Thoughts? I have a belly skid plate but missing the swing arm skid plate and really don't wanna taco the brake rotor.
Similar Tagged Content
By Mo Salem
So my front hub broke, I’d like to put aftermarket on. Hard to find new oe ones. Please help. I’m new to all of this, I have some car knowledge and try to apply it
I'm starting this thread to list the ATVs and UTVs that currently have Bluetooth connectivity as OEM and any aftermarket products out there. Lets list and have a discussion about any new devices or atvs that are coming to the market with Bluetooth connectivity. This is probably biased towards atvs with electronic dash clusters, but with the technology changing so fast, it's good to know what's new and up 'n coming.
I read this on ATVRider...
Polaris Sportsman XP1000
The top of the line Polaris Sportsman XP1000 has an instrument cluster that features Bluetooth connectivity. This way, if you get a phone call, voice mail or text while out on the trail, you can glance down at the screen and decide if its important enough to stop and dig your phone out of your pocket.
How many atvs with electronic dashboards do you think will start to have this type of connectivity?
Check out Polaris' Ride Command: http://www.polaris.com/en-us/atv-ranger-rzr/touch-screen
Has anyone found engine oil in their air filter box. The must be little or no baffle between crankcase ventilation and that hose that attaches to the air filter box.
I went to pick up my ATV today 60 miles away that they could not fix the jerky low speeds on and before I loaded it decided to check on this. Sure enough there was a good coating of oil with some pooling in the bottom of the air filter box. The air filter has oil on it too but is it a dry element or oiled element type. My guess from the color of it dry.
I heard on a comment on my YT videos that there is a kit for this issue? Is this a CFMOTO fix?
Exploiting a loop hole in the law, turn 4 wheeler into rev trike
for a long while I have been trying to get a real 4 wheeler street legal.
the problem is with the state laws, if it has 4 wheels, its a car and has mega more rules.
If it only has 3 wheels, its a trike and can be made from cobbled junk parts held together with duct tape and they will plate it
I wonder if anyone would have insight on changing a 4 wheeler over to a single rear wheel?
[ I can't afford some $40-60,000 canam or super bike modded into a car, rev trike kit ]
I want something I can truly ride year round on and off road. Ive rode enough old Honda 3 wheelers that I know I do not want a traditional motorcycle trike. So the single wheel has to go out back.
after working great all weekend today my big bear 400 wont start. I noticed a strong gas smell, took cover off air box and found 2 inches of gas in the box. I figure this has to be a carb problem but hoping someone can pinpoint exactly what to look for/replace. thanks!
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.