Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

ATV_Macho_Man

2009 KTM 450 SX and 505 SX

ooo i saw a ktm 450 for 5500 brand new on ebay motor sportz but it was kind of a far drive to get it so insted i just got the yfz 450 but im happy wit it fast az hell!

one of the AA racers in nick's class is over 6 foot and rides the KTM..hes won 2 races on it this year...seems to be working for him. maybe he put some mods on it--steering stem, etc.

if anyone gets a chance to grab one for 7000 do it...if you can. that's a flippin steal. theyre over 9000 here...

I wouldn't get one for 4000. They feels so horrible. IMO they are worse than the Raptor, and I won't buy a machine just because it has upgrades. All those upgrades don't mean squat if you're uncomfortable...good for the guy in Nick's class, I know people who think the Raptor is comfortable.

I think that Raptors are the most uncomfortable quads I have ever ridden, they are just too tall. The YFZ was really awkward at first, but not as bad as the Raptor. Although, even though I don't prefer the way either of those machines feel, I can get adjusted enough to ride one all day and have fun doing it. I can imagine how that would be more difficult for a taller person though.

if it were $4000, i'd buy two or three :) i guess its all about your size and how you ride. when i rode it around our yard and in the woods i wanted one immediately, but the suspension has been totally tweeked from stock...I actually liked it better than my Honda (just don't tell her that--i need to win this weekend :) )

Being 6'2", there are not a lot of machines that are comfortable to ride. On the KTM, the shroud that attaches to the bottom portion of the gas tank near the seat would make my knees bleed. I talked to a guy that had one and he said his knees were beat to death black and blue from that seam in the plastics. I guess this is an issue that tall people get from the KTM. The footpegs and the seats put you on top of the bars, not my style of riding. I sit down almost the entire time, I felt like I was squating like a baseball catcher.

oh, see, i stand a lot, in the woods with roots, rocks and ruts if you don't youre bounced all over the place and after 2 hrs of hard riding your insides feel like they're a can of soda that was shooken for an hour...

i like the ktm, just as i like my honda....

I loved the KTM until I sat on one. I had been considering trading in my Honda but the ergos bit me.

I'm one of those wierd ones, even in the woods with the rocks, roots, and ruts I sit mostly. Well I keep my butt about an inch above the seat and hold on like hell with my knees. Almost like a jockey on a horse.

I have my butt on the seat or hanging off the side of it unless I am jumping, going though whoops or if I am being bounced around too much. I like to keep my center of gravity as low as possible because I am hauling ass most of the time.

me too, you'd be amazed how much faster i am when i stand....

off to unadilla tomorrow :) check me out in live scoring on the

The New GNCC Racing Online

website! race time is 10AM on Saturday morning (Eastern Time), i'm racing women's novice! The Live Scoring button is Red and is on the right side of the screen :)

Edited by wheeler0801

thanks scott :) i finished third in my class...got caught up in some bottlenecks...think my 400's about to blow..had to pull over a few times to let her cool down......i'm uploading some pictures..

I would consult a dealer, but I imagine that there are twist throttle kits specifically for machines with a TPS.

hi there, when you say "she was about to blow" are you only refering to it getting hot (and needing to stop for a moment to cool down) or that the bike was also making loud strange noises from the engine?

I have a 08 KTM 525xc and I'm 6 foot. The egro's are perfect!!!!!!! I've ridden alot of quads including the Honda 450r,400ex,250r/ Yamaha's Blaster,Raptor, 450. By far the best before the KTM was the 250r, now by far NO QUESTIONS ASKED the KTM is finest in every aspect of a sport quad you could ever ask for. I suggest you ride it not just sit on it before you make up your mind. When first sitting on them they definitely have a diffrent approach/feel, for me it just seemed to be the front fenders throwing me off. After the first ride it was a completely diffrent story.

What may be perfect for you, ergonomics wise, is not perfcet for everyone. I tried a KTM, very nice quad but I will stick with my Honda. I have too much money and time invested into my 450. Plus my knees don't suffer from that plastic ridge.