Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

YFZ450

yfz450 oil loss

I changed my oil in my 06 yfz450 like 2 months ago and it was full, i happened to check it again a few days ago and its almost empty what is goin on there, can someone tell what the problem is. Theres no way im burning oil like that , the bike doesnt smoke.

Is there a lot of oil splatter where it looks like it's coming out some where while you are riding? That's a tough one, I would have to say its burning, but if it's not smoking!?!?

Hmmmmm,,,,,,Mystery Oil.......

Did it leak out of the Plug???

How does your Spark Plug look????

How much ride time did you have on it when you Checked it......:confused:

mystery oil is right, im confused:confused:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Coral Breding
      I loosened the allen bolts on the carrier and when I went to put my driver in the alot to pull back and tighten the chain, I noticed the holes were facing the front of the bike. I tried to slide a driver in and tighten the chain but the thing would not budge. I nearly ripped the tip off the driver in the slot. Any suggestions? 

• By Gunny
      Here's a short video of 3 different days of some of my spring & early summer riding. Hope you enjoy it.

• By Thomas Brooks
      I know...I feel stupid for asking.  I find it impossible to use the thumb throttle with my thumb when I have the bars turned full right. I have to reach across the top and grab the throttle from the front with my fingers. It isn't very smooth and I can't help but think that there must be a technique, mod or adjustment for this. How do I get past this?
      Thomas
      2017 Polaris Sportsman 570 X2
    • By mikeexplorer
      Actually have a long weekend off, usually we work the holidays but the plant shut down to install a new switchgear so lucky me! Took a ride on an old railroad grade that is now a recreational trail and legal to ride. There are a few places to stop and get something to eat. Michelle is driving her old quad, a 2010 366 which I kept as a backup machine. Her Alterra developed a hard starting problem at Snow Shoe, so it will be off to the dealer to adjust the valves. Was good to give this machine a nice long cruise run as it doesn't see many miles anymore.

• By fede hanssen
      Hi all,
      I have just got a 1995 Bayou 220 from my brother. It is in decent condition ant it has not been used much, yet it has been sitting idle for a long time (4+ years).
      The plan is to overhaul it and move it to a location where it will be used 4-6 times a year, so, beyond having the battery charged, the idea is to have it ready and in good condition. It will be stored in a steltered place while waiting to be used.
      My questions would be: 1. What things should I carry out as basic overhaul tasks / 2. What are the typical aches, things to watch out for in this model/year.
      I definitely plan on changing all the fluids, filters,  battery, cleaning the carb, etc. but any specific recommendation from your experience will be of great help.

thanks in advance!
  • Similar Tagged Content

By Guest
      Ok...I'm gettin' me juevos ready to do an oir filter clean....
      Went to my local harley/quad dealer and he had me purchase the No-Toil kit (Cleaner, Air Filter Oil, Rim Grease)
      What I've read is that the No-Toil cleaner will NOT clean
      other oils off air filters....just the No-Toil oil....
      So, I've also read that others have cleaned their air filters
      in the kitchen sink, used gasoline, or used flash solvent....
      Looking for advice as I've mentioned I'm very mechanically
      DECLINED!
      I'm going to wash the air box seal in the sink and give it a good dry....
      One more thing......No-Toil or Bel-Ray for filter oil?
      Thanks!
      -TD
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      If we had a dollar for every time the question “Which is really faster, the 700 or the 450?” shows up in our inbox, mailbox, or voicemail, we’d be putting this magazine together from a bungalow on a barely inhabited tropical isle named Quadhama.
      http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1603755,00.html
    • By toonces
      Have a 2011 Grizz 700 and for the diff oil the manual calls for SAE 80 API GL-4 hypoid gear oil. I'll be using Mobil 1 synthetic but as it comes in two different weights I'm not sure which one to get....either the 75W-90 or the 75W-140.
      The 75W-90 is listed as GL-5 and is recommended for use in 'high-performance vehicles like SUVs, vans and light duty trucks.' The 75W-140 weight is also GL-5 and is recommended for 'high-performance vehicles including sport utility vehicles, vans and light-duty trucks.'
    • By toonces
      Have a 2011 Grizz 700 and for the diff oil the manual calls for SAE 80 API GL-4 hypoid gear oil. I'll be using Mobil 1 synthetic but as it comes in two different weights I'm not sure which one to get....either the 75W-90 or the 75W-140.
      The 75W-90 is listed as GL-5 and is recommended for use in 'high-performance vehicles like SUVs, vans and light duty trucks.' The 75W-140 weight is also GL-5 and is recommended for 'high-performance vehicles including sport utility vehicles, vans and light-duty trucks.'