Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

YFZ450

yfz450 case

Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace the LH side of the case, i know it involves removong the head and the motorfrom the bike but is it a big process. Do i have to worry about stuff flying out at me when i split the case

it would be a pretty major job... if you havnt done any engine work before i would have someone with experience do it... probably the best way to do it would be to remove the head and jug and turn the motor on its right side keeping the crank and transmission shafts vertical... you should be able to remove the case half and replace it without anthing falling out... I have done this with splitting banshee cases and it works pretty well... if you do it i would get a service manual...

they are showing a diff part number from the 04-05 to an 06 but i dont know what the diff is... contact your local dealer and they should be able to tell you...

If i do what you say and remove the head and jug keeping everything vert. do i have to worry about keeping from moving on the inside, or will everthing stay in place while removing the LH side of the case the only thing is on the yfz450 the swing arm is conected to the rear of the motor i cant remember or not if the part where the swing arm is conected to the motor splits or not

what dirtbike motor will inner-change with the yfz450 motor?

The motor is BASED off the YZF450. But they change geometry of the motor a little bit. Some parts will work but the major components probably will not.

I just got thru going thru the headache of the left case my self:aargh: i did all the work in a friends basement(minus machine shop work) it is a pain, but it's not that bad with a repair manual. after all the research i've done, from 04 to 08 all parts are interchangeble, some parts have improved since 06:yes: some have degressed since then(i cant verify it, but i beleive they changed the piston for better reliablity, and i beleive a loss of power) but thats just my :twocents:. the change in the cases is a plus. the 06 up has an added oil jet that lubes the bottom of the piston:yes: but you can get a kit to upgrade the 04/05 cases too. i'm not sure exactly about dirtbike to quad conversions, but I dont believe so.. the YZ has a smaller flywheel and stator, the YFZmotor is based on the WR version, but i dont know how close, i think the cases are different due to lack of oil res on the dirtbike.. DK for sure...:no:

alright for the task at hand..... the cases are matched from the factory:aargh: so you have to have a matching set to ensure proper alignment of everything (bearings and coolant chambers).. after the head and jug are off, if you dont have access to any special tools, leave the fly wheel ON the crank if it doesnt come off easily your supposed to have a puller to do it properly..(left side) the engine disassembles from the right side Up:bangheadc: the left case is the "base" so after you remove the right cases,(inner and outer) and the tranny,,,,, whether you got the fly wheel off or not you then take your old left case to somebody that has the tools and the stuff to Press the old crank off of the old left case and press it into the new case:rantc: be sure to have the head and valves checked and adjusted while its off and easy:wink: be sure to lube, loctite and torque every thing to spec, and stay calm while reasembling the tranny shift forks and shifting drum:err:..

Good luck with it! Keep me up to date on your project! Holla if you got any questions, I do the best i can to help out!! I'm out of breath right now..lol

Oh yeah, if you do more screaming than lugging, be sure to retard the exhaust cam one tooth from factory settings to give it the YZF style topend, it will cause it to be alil more cold natured but will really wake it up on top end.

the only part of my quad that i haven't had apart is the carb.. that will be very soon tho:no: my airfilter took a dump :fart:in the last race and now i've lost some compression, not sure how much, but i can tell a diff in the way it sounds and feels. it's not smoking, but i'm not going to give it the chance!! I think its time for a GYTR high comp piston, GYTR full stainless exhaust, and GYTR air filter and jet kit:cheer2: that should bump it over the 65+ HP mark:wink: gonna be some dough tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:skeptic: atleast i'll have an excuse to tweak the carb!

So While your in there YFZ450.................. check on some of the GYTR stuff, its high, but its the best!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Frank Angerano
      Not sure how many of you will remember this or give a crap about it but back in 2016 I picked up my first old atv to rebuild. Yamaha bear tracker 250. I picked it up in NJ while I was out looking for a quad for my little guy since he started this atv thing after seeing a few old pictures of me in my hay day riding. 

The person I was getting the 50cc quad had this one laying around and asked if I was interested in it.  It was beat up and hadn’t ran in a few years.  No spark the guy said and he left it to sit.  I wound up taking both bikes. 
      I wish I had pics but I deleted the original post on Quadcrazy and lost the old ones on my phone when I upgraded. 
      This was the atv that caused me to stumble upon Quadcrazy since I needed a little help with the spark issue.  So needless to say I fixed it, did some cosmetic work and she was good to go. I took it upstate and used the shit out of it for just about everything under the sun. This atv made it through some deep snow, mud etc. I decided to leave it up there and use it as a back up since it’s been about 50 atv’s later and I have newer machines now. But unfortunately it sat for some time and it’s a little beat up so I brought it back home and going to clean it up. Amazing how one year sitting has done so much damage. 
      This was the first atv that I owned in over 30 years! It’s the atv that brought me here to Quadcrazy where now I endlessly check the site to see what’s going on, who’s talking about what and who can we help with there problem or can help me with mine as well as the on slot of what I do today as a hobby with atv’s. It’s been a great pass time for me and my son with the projects we have gotten and get into. He’s learned how to ride so well it scares me a little watching him. He’s learned how to fix, maintain and upgrade atv’s. He’s insanely good with carburetors as well. 
      It’s a good thing when a kid wants to play in the garage over his X Box!!
      The funny thing about this bike is that when we finished it we thought it was the best thing! We were missing a rack on the front and didn’t care since it looked ok, had no clue where to get parts or how to fix plastics. I was so new to this again since I was staring all over again and now had to remember things and also teach my son!  
      So we will be tearing into the bear tracker to get her up and running again as well as maybe a few new cosmetic changes and hang on to her for a while since I love this bike.  The last two pics are the bike the day we finished putting it all back together and when it was upstate for the first week. 

Had no intention of this post going so long. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• By StolenATV
      1987 Suzuki LT 80 and 2007 Honda CRF 50 dirt bike stolen out of my driveway on July 4th. Anyone with info that recovers them will get $400 no questions asked.
      Thanks
      The post Suzuki LT 80 Quad And Honda Dirt Bike appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
    • By ATVNetwork
      Introducing the 2020 Yamaha XT-R editions of ATV and Side-by-Side vehicles featuring exclusive XT-R features like a factory-installed Warn Winch, advanced suspension, special-edition paint and color-matched wheels with extreme terrain tires, all Assembled in the USA for unmatched Proven Off-Road capability, comfort, and confidence. 
      YXZ1000R SS XT-R: https://yamaha.us/yYXZXTR 
      Wolverine X2 XT-R: https://yamaha.us/yX2RSXTR
      Wolverine X4 XT-R: https://yamaha.us/yX4XTR
      Grizzly EPS XT-R: https://yamaha.us/yGrizXTR

View full post
    • By JacobSlabach
      So yesterday I picked up a 07 polaris sportsman 800efi stealth edition for 3k.  Will lead a pic ltr.  In good shape.  Here's what's wrong with it:
      The rpm needle doesn't work just like my other sportsman... not too worried ab that.
      The motor doesn't sound like it's running quite right and doesn't feel like it has much more power than my 500.  I'm thinking it needs a tune up and some fresh oil..  but also it feels like it's running rich.  It's a little buggy when you goose the throttle and sometimes farts when you let off (like I little backfire out the exhuast). I'm gonna check timing and valave clearence on the motor first but thinking of putting a tuner on it? Anybody got a suggestion?  Mainly looking for more power.
    • By Frank Angerano
      Hello everyone, back from a crazy few months of riding, hunting and fishing! So I’ve added a storage bag to one of my bikes and loaded it up pretty good before we went out into the woods/trails etc.  My son questioned me and said what do we need all that junk for?  I told him you never know  maybe a flat tire water etc.
      Needless to say that junk came in handy.   So my question to everyone that hits the trails is what do you have or recommend to maybe take with you before you go? And what would be the one most important thing that’s a must have? 
      And also any recommendations on a  storage bag that’s not so costly and performs the best? I like my bag but not very good .

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Vertigo
      I've got some good parts left over from my recent 4wd 2003 Big Bear adventure. Used on 2000-2010 Big Bears.
      Very good complete head-fits 350 also, came off 400  2002, Have timing chain, gear,  guides, case & trans (2wd)
      Fuel tank, harness, misc. electronics, front shocks/springs, also have some other stuff.
      Most parts also fit some 90's models, (Kodiak 400 '93-'98), check it to verify. 
      Located near Chattanooga, LMK what you need, offer, cash/trade.
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      If we had a dollar for every time the question “Which is really faster, the 700 or the 450?” shows up in our inbox, mailbox, or voicemail, we’d be putting this magazine together from a bungalow on a barely inhabited tropical isle named Quadhama.
      http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1603755,00.html
    • By bighoss
      were would i have a leak at if my crack case oil is milky i have fushed it out and put bars stop leak in it and it dont look like milk no more but a brown color going to rise tomorrow and see if the bars stop leak works going to take extra oil to and change it out there to see how it looks but were would i have a leak at it on a lt250r
      could it be the water pump seal
    • By WCRTeam
      YFZ450 KFX450 Videoclip sand pit.
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7-G1XtovJw&list=HL1348537580&feature=mh_lolz]KFX 450 YFZ 450 WCR - YouTube[/ame]