Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

YFZ450

yfz450 rod

So i bought a 05 yfz bottom end and it comes complete they said it has a heavy duty tight crank in it, whats that

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Finsdad
      Im new to the forum and the quad I just got. I want to change oil in in. Its almost impossible to find anything on-line. I know it takes 10w40 and know the oil filter location. What oil should I use? Is there a cross reference for oil filter. The closest dealer to me is an hour away. I have NAPA close and like the WIX or Napa gold filters. Also is where can I get a Manuel for it? Thanks
    • By w_r_e
      Can anyone point me to a good set of instructions for changing front diff oil on a 1987 Suzuki LT4WD? I can almost guess which bolts are drain & fill... but I've been wrong before... 😆 
      I found some partial posts on other forums and they linked out to dead images and whatnot. Any help appreciated. 
      This thing is running pretty good, got the front brakes back to life, electric start works fine, seat cover fixed up, plastics stitched back together...
      BEFORE (last week):

AFTER (today):

• By Belmontie
      Hi bought this quad with a few leaks and other issues which thanks to excellent advice from these forums I thought I’d sorted them till I washed it down and found oil underneath. 
      It is coming from the seal around the gear changer pedal as it looks like someone has banged the housing flat on one side. Knowing how easily aluminium is broken I don’t wanna risk tapping it back into shape. Would a new seal fit or would the distortion of the housing render it useless.
      thanks in advance 
    • By Thomas Brooks
      Hi all,
      I apologize if these have been discussed in the past. I just wanted to get this posted out here real quick, then will try searching through the forum tonight. So, I have a 2017 Sportsman 570 X2, with EPS and EBS. I have the following problems/challenges and am curious if I am not alone, and if any solutions have been found.
      EBS - Holy cow! The engine braking system is so strong that Active Decent Control doesn't even seem necessary. On deceleration, it actually causes the tires to slide on dirt and asphalt! I have had the ATV for a little over a year and don't use it often. It probably has 30-50 hours on it.
      Transfer Case/Transmission - I use a tow behind trimmer mower on my Very steep hill. It is not particularly heavy. While rolling downhill, I am usually in 4x4 (not with ADC, usually). The transfer case and/or transmission will suddenly pop into a neutral state. The shift lever and 4x4 switch do not move, of course. I am able to get it stopped with the brakes. Once stopped, It seems like it is engaged into gear again. That's without moving, shifting or changing anything. I do have a case open with Polaris on this one.
      Heat - The ATV runs very hot. I generally use it at low speeds with a load behind it. The load is never terribly heavy. It's usually a garbage can, trimmer mower, driveway grader, trailer with a small load of firewood, etc. 

Bonus Question! I will post this to general too. I am a motorcyclist, riding on/off road for over 30 years. This is my 1st ATV, however. How in the heck am I supposed to operate the thumb throttle while at a full right turn? This is generally while trying to make a U-Turn. I tend to roll my hand over the top and grab the throttle from the front with my fingers. It seems very choppy, especially with the engine braking. 

Thanks!
      Thomas
    • By johncb
      I had the local garage change the oil and filter in my machine and ever since they changed it there has been an oil leak. Taken it back several times and they can't figure out the problem.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      If we had a dollar for every time the question “Which is really faster, the 700 or the 450?” shows up in our inbox, mailbox, or voicemail, we’d be putting this magazine together from a bungalow on a barely inhabited tropical isle named Quadhama.
      http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1603755,00.html
    • By WCRTeam
      YFZ450 KFX450 Videoclip sand pit.
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7-G1XtovJw&list=HL1348537580&feature=mh_lolz]KFX 450 YFZ 450 WCR - YouTube[/ame]
    • By surfdog420
      i have a 06 yfz450 that ran fine a few days ago but now it will only turn over and wont start dose any body have idea on what it could be,ive heared it could be the valves(hoping its not) any help will do
    • By keithmoore6766
      07 yfz450 part out through rod busted block has aftermarket rims pipe i got it in a trade and i dont mess with atvs much i just know its going to cost more to fix then i wana put in it put if your intersted just make ofer and ill let ya know email me at
      [email protected]