Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

The last couple of years, the Taiwanese based company, Unison has been working on a 450 racer. They are getting ready to release them. They actually teamed up with a company called Metrakit. Metrakit is a Barcelona based company that has been huge in the GT mini racing. Those 2 along with Fuji Heavy Industries, developed their racer. The motor was built in Japan by Fuji, which is the parent company of Suburu. The powerhouse is a 448cc DOHC 4 valve, liquid cooled, with a 36mm carb. It has a 5 speed manual with reverse, 520 O-ring final drive. Dual A-arms up front with preload adjustable piggyback shocks with 8" of travel. The rear is solid axle with rebound adjustable gas shock. The biggest problem I see with it is the weight, it comes in at 445lbs. DRY WEIGHT!!! It has a very similar look to the KTM in the hood and front fenders. The fenders are removable for the shaved look. Comes with nerfs, doesn't look to bad. The quality tends to be shakey at best with these off brands, I have a feeling that quality levels have been stepped up for this one. Seeing how they worked with 2 other companies that would not want to hurt their own name by releasing poorly made equipment. Unison, Fuji (parent of Suburu) and Metrakit really stepped up the off brand quad market this year.

I'll stick with my can am. Which has 100 lbs. LESS when dry. haha

Yeah, I'm happy with my TRX. Just posting some industry news. For being an off brand they really did a good job though.

get some pics up, and see if ANY racers pick it up and do well with it, then we'll see how good they really are.

The article is in a magazine. I will see if I can find a pic. There is a pic in the mag but I don't have a scanner.

They have a reputable company building the power plant anyway. Be interesting to see if the rest of the machine can hold together around it.

I'm not sure, I posted this back in 2008. I have actually seen one at the dunes. No a bad looking machine and it can hang with the other 450's.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Wes Camp
      So I bought an 88 qaudracer real nice bike fired up 2-3 kick everytime. When I bought it the brake calipers were not on the bike the guy gave them to me In a box with parts to rebuild. So I HAVnt ever really rode the bike except a quick run testing gears when I bought and I started it and drove in yard not getting out of 3rd due to no brakes. I put it in garage turned it off. The following weekend I put brakes on and go to kick it and it’s seized. I did put it in high gear and rocked it back and forth and got it to kick a couple times. But has seized back up. Any ideas??? Could it be a kicker malfunction??
    • By Sturgeon
      Hello everyone, did a search and not successful. Purchased new 2017 Sportsman 570 sp and my power steering is not working. Seems to have a mind of it's own. Works then it doesn't. Dealer says there's not a fix. Thought it was just me and it being a brand new machine with 4 hours on it. Dealership said it's this model only ? Not sure what a person in this spot is suppose to do and wondering are your thoughts mite be. Thanks 
    • By edb6969
      Trying to get everything ready for birthday desert trip . 
      ordered pipe and jet kit for my 2014 400x 
      and front rims … cant wait
    • By 06kfx440
      So my kfx is getting another bath after I tracked it. What do you think I should do now ? Maybe mod it?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• By DemonQuad666
      I'm Excited. in 4 days i will go pick up my Crated 89 LT250r Quadracer. completely unseen. No idea of condition or complete parts list. With a lot of unknowns, Ive started making a parts wish list. Which has me trying to decide on set ups, color scheme, aftermarket, OEM, or hybrid parts and in general what i am wanting to get out of this Quad. After much back and forth i'm done arguing with my self. since this is a complete rebuild and not going to be a restoration. I've decided I want to build a  balanced mix between Mx race ready machine and a trail dominant beast. So where to start??? I'm greedy so of course I want all the pros and none of the cons. Not as easy as it sounds.This is What i've come up with so far.  Which at any time is subject to change.  Chassis Gussets a must. the last thing i want is to destroy the frame after spending hours upon hours building around it. All stainless steel control cables and lines. +2+1 A Arms, +4 Axle. The goal here is to have 50" stance. I understand in the past most trail riders prefer a more narrow stance 46" to 48"  but with the saturation of UTV ( Joto side by sides) on the trails. Most trails have been widened. So in reality a 50" wide Quad should not struggle for room while gaining the added stability of a wider stance. +2 Swing Arm, If I can find one... The absolute best Adjustable Suspension system I can afford. Performance Pipe/silencer, Reeds, and Carb combo to get max out of assuming stock engine.  Holeshot tires or similar on 9" rims. Nerf Bars. LED light upgrade. Possibly a larger fuel tank upgrade, If such thing exists. Custom Air box with performance filter. All Black Race cut Plastics. All Chassis, Arms, Nerf bars, Bumpers, engine, Wheel Hubs, Brake Calipers, Foot pegs. Up 1 tooth front Sprocket and down 1 tooth rear sprocket. Plus anything I forgot underneath. Will all be powder coated a Rich but not to bright Blood Red . Including Grips and guards same Red. Along with Same Red Suspension covers... A 4" to 5" single S Suzuki Logo for nose of front hood same red. Red stitched Full Suzuki Logo on back of seat. a custom and Extremely SATANIC Vinyl job.  Upside down crosses, pentagrams, and Number plate 666. You guessed it, same red with white highlights for depth. Her name will be Jeannie. After my wife. who is a very sexy, yet life sucking bitch, that will lay you out and punish you if you push her to far.
      So this is my basic concept. All while trying to Balance Trail with Mx.  If  you see or think of something I missed or something you think may work better for my situation, by all means, mention it here. I will definitely take a look at it. Suggestions, thoughts, opinions are very much welcome... Until then... Deuces!!!
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Xyla Cat
      View File 2008 Kawasaki KFX 450R Service Manual
      2008 Kawasaki KFX 450R Service Manual
      Submitter Xyla Cat Submitted 08/25/2018 Category Kawasaki ATV  
    • By Xyla Cat
      2008 Kawasaki KFX 450R Service Manual
    • By 2 fast 4 u
      So i recently bought a Honda TRX 450r 05 kick start model i am the 3rd owner. this bike ripped when it was running but i ceased it.I freed up the piston but there is little compression now. i think i ran it out of oil but it was like 20hrs or so since the last oil change. My real question is that i heard you have to rebuild the top end every 15 hours is this true? Now i have bought a new big bore kit to replace the cylinder and the piston but i dont really want to have to rebuild it every 15hrs.
    • By jaysun
      I'm brand new to riding. Also brand new to fixing and/or maintaining a vehicle. I picked up a 2008 KFX a couple months ago and just realized that a wire was hanging. After downloading the owner's manual, I think I may have narrowed it down to the "Inlet Air Temperature Sensor". It fits in a slot underneath the seat, in the air filter housing. I'm not sure how long it's been unplugged and, honestly, I have no idea what it does.
      How important is this piece? I'm going to the track this weekend. I'm not even sure how to reattach it.
      Any help is greatly appreciated.
      Videos here:
      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvoRJexYDYc[/ame]
      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRLYFFfu-Mw[/ame]