Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Ajmboy

Brudeli 625L Tilting 3 Wheeler

Kinda Looks like what Harley is working on.....

Closely following the launch of the new Tri Glide, Harley-Davidson is smashing their stereotype with a trike that leans into the bends like a normal motorcycle.

This is not the first time we've heard about – a leaning Harley-Davidson trike. But only now can we say with a decided amount of certainty that this model will indeed be launched, and by the looks of it at the Intermot show in October.

A US Patent Office details a registration by Harley-Davidson for "leaning suspension mechanics", along with a number of line sketches.

According to these sketches Harley is working along the lines of the Can-Am Spyder, which has proved very popular in the UK. The Harley-Davidson trike relies on a Y-shaped structure, like the Can-Am, with two wheels in the front for improved stability and handling, and one wheel in the rear.

On cornering the trike tilts so that the rider can lean into the bends, much like a normal motorcycle. Some of the advantage over a two wheeler are added steadiness especially on wet roads and hard braking, as well as extra comfort. Yet you don't sacrifice any of the wind-in-your-face motorcycle experience.

The three-wheel format is especially appealing to motorists keen to switch to a motorcycle because of the economic benefit, yet hesitant because of the perceived danger.

No mention has been made of the power source that will drive this trike, but it is unlikely to be a V-Rod engine. At least by the look of the drawings it seems that Harley has rather opted for an air-cooled V-twin. All eyes on the Intermot show then, which is kicking off in just more than two weeks.

ba6cd71bf6bb47b88c7babb610033211.jpg

852330d720ac46a2af8da3d98d935ebb.jpg

That Harley looks pretty cool. I guess this is all part of futurization.

That spyder though is very impressive, I knew it woudl not be long for another similar machine or design concept. It's growing in popularity.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Travis Waller
      We just bought this about 2 weeks ago and the chain keeps popping off. I’ve dealt with 4 wheelers in the past but nothing with this chain setup.

• By Matt Pfalzer
      Hello, 

I have only been riding for a few years now but encountered a situation today where I needed to tow a riding lawn mower out of a ditch. It was going well but I had to stop in the middle and place the 4 wheeler in park to turn the wheels on the lawn mower so it would glide out of the slope easily. I am wondering if it is going to cause damage with all of that weight resting on the transmission when I had the 4 wheeler in park. It was only for about 45 seconds, then I got back on and tugged it the rest of the way. This 4 wheeler doesn't have a parking break so that wasn't an option.

Thanks!
    • By StolenATV
      MY 4 YR. OLD GRANDSONS KAZUMA 4 WHEELER WAS STOLEN FROM OUR GARAGE A WEEK AGO. IT IS RED AND BLACK. ANY INFO PLEASE CALL 517-250-8015
      The post Stolen KAZUMA 50CC 4 WHEELER appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article
    • By StolenATV
      black & Orange 2007 Yamaha 700R Raptor special edition
      with new Ambush back tires on it. has a Gopro sticker and mount on it by the handlebars
      The post 2007 yamaha 700 R Raptor special edition 4 wheeler appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article
    • By StolenATV
      Red 2018 Polaris 570 4-Wheeler, less than 10 hours on it. We just got it. We added a couple of things to it, but will withhold that information for identity reasons.
      We are moving into a new home & they broke in & took the 4 wheeler along with a title saw, many tools that belonged to our contractor, all the bedding off the bed, curtains, all our cleaning supplies, container with office supplies, family pictures, a container full of DVD’s, & a blue ray player, all the Dish network equipment, hopper etc.
      The post Stolen 2018 Red Polaris 570 4-wheeler appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Buick350X
      Exploiting a loop hole in the law, turn 4 wheeler into rev trike
      for a long while I have been trying to get a real 4 wheeler street legal.
      the problem is with the state laws, if it has 4 wheels, its a car and has mega more rules.
      If it only has 3 wheels, its a trike and can be made from cobbled junk parts held together with duct tape and they will plate it
      I wonder if anyone would have insight on changing a 4 wheeler over to a single rear wheel?
      [ I can't afford some $40-60,000 canam or super bike modded into a car, rev trike kit ]
      I want something I can truly ride year round on and off road. Ive rode enough old Honda 3 wheelers that I know I do not want a traditional motorcycle trike. So the single wheel has to go out back.

• By GOODY37
      I have a 99 kawasaki prairie 300 4 wheeler that was stolen from me, and i recently got it back. It had been hot wired, and ignition busted out. I need to know what are the color of the wires that connect to the ignition switch? Thanks in advance.
    • By Ken7237
      I have tried all the vin decoders and nothing. I just picked this Kawasaki 250 three wheeler today and I am trying to find all the info on it I can and plus ware to find parts for it. Its hard to do when you don't even know the year. I sure would be thankful for any help anyone can give me Thanks ken7237:biggrin:
    • By javydiaz
      I have this 4 wheeler that I am building and i have encountered a problem.
      The 4 wheeler will not move!
      I am a beginner to all of this.
      The clutch over inside is rotating but the chain is not moving; I already replaced the clutch it is brand new.
      The clutch overheats and it starts to shoot out smoke.
      Is this a clutch problem? Am I using the wrong type of clutch?
      The clutch is a Max-Torque 3/4 in. bore and 10 teeth.
      Or is the Engine too small? Is the 4 wheeler to heavy?
      Im using a Briggs and Stratton 3 hp 127 cc 3600 rpm
      Here are some pictures of the clutch and the engine.
      4 wheeler clutch and engine pictures by javydiaz - Photobucket
    • By wheeler0801
      MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
      It's been a while since I've been around on these pages...how the heck is everyone?!