Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

YFZ450

Yamaha YFZ450 motors

I just got done fixing/Welding the bottom end of my old yfz case, where i hot a jump and came down on the shifter and bent the shaft and it took a big chunk of the case off when i landed and oil was coming out everywhere, well to ge to the point the yfz450 cases are made of really super clean cast/aluminum there easy to weld, the hole i had to weld went from nothing upto 1/4 wide, and it went half way around where the shifter shaft comes out, so if you can weld aluminum its really easy because the metal is so clean,just make sure you clean the area your about to wled really good before welding, and if you live in the Ohio Valley (OH,WV,PA) area and need your motor or anything welded E-mail me at [email protected]

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Wesley Floyd
      Hey guys, Thanks for looking at my post. I haven't had a lot of experience with problems like this before, so I'm a little bit at a loss. The Quad was really hard to shift, (the dirty carb leaking gas making it idle high didn't help either). The only Idea I have would be is that the torsion spring is worn out, and that there is a normal parameter for how much it should move when those two arms of the shift shaft assembly spread apart.  That's my thought. Maybe someone who has more knowledge then me can let me know if i'm on the right track 😀

• By Ed Zeppeli
      I have some wobble in my right rear wheel. Too much wobble.

So I've torn into it and will need two bearings and two (different) seals. I'd like to get them locally if possible but need to know the number on the sides of the bearings and seals as I don't know that my bearing shop can source them by vehicle model. I'm told they're very common bearings.

Any idea what the numbers are if mine end up being illegible?

Thanks,

Warren
    • By Mudrecon
      Haven't got a service manual for this yet so I'm flying by the seat of my pants I made myself a shifter extension to go up by the gas tank took my foot shifter off to weld it and now when I put it back on I don't seem to be able to find neutral. Is there some asinine reason that you have to do something internally when you change or remove the foot shifter? It was a simple take off weld put back on and dog bite my pecker it's not working. I hope this is something simple I've done and that's something I need brain surgery for. Cheers fellas I know y'all will have the right answers
    • By Thomas Brooks
      Hi all,
      I apologize if these have been discussed in the past. I just wanted to get this posted out here real quick, then will try searching through the forum tonight. So, I have a 2017 Sportsman 570 X2, with EPS and EBS. I have the following problems/challenges and am curious if I am not alone, and if any solutions have been found.
      EBS - Holy cow! The engine braking system is so strong that Active Decent Control doesn't even seem necessary. On deceleration, it actually causes the tires to slide on dirt and asphalt! I have had the ATV for a little over a year and don't use it often. It probably has 30-50 hours on it.
      Transfer Case/Transmission - I use a tow behind trimmer mower on my Very steep hill. It is not particularly heavy. While rolling downhill, I am usually in 4x4 (not with ADC, usually). The transfer case and/or transmission will suddenly pop into a neutral state. The shift lever and 4x4 switch do not move, of course. I am able to get it stopped with the brakes. Once stopped, It seems like it is engaged into gear again. That's without moving, shifting or changing anything. I do have a case open with Polaris on this one.
      Heat - The ATV runs very hot. I generally use it at low speeds with a load behind it. The load is never terribly heavy. It's usually a garbage can, trimmer mower, driveway grader, trailer with a small load of firewood, etc. 

Bonus Question! I will post this to general too. I am a motorcyclist, riding on/off road for over 30 years. This is my 1st ATV, however. How in the heck am I supposed to operate the thumb throttle while at a full right turn? This is generally while trying to make a U-Turn. I tend to roll my hand over the top and grab the throttle from the front with my fingers. It seems very choppy, especially with the engine braking. 

Thanks!
      Thomas
    • By Deañna
      I have a 1996 Timberwolf with a stick shifter.  When I got it the previous owner told me it was a transmission issue.  He also said the starter went out.  I got it home and the battery was dry.  Changed plug, coil pack, filter and all fluids. I have it running well, but the shifter does not move. It is stuck in neutral. The reverse lever seems to be all the way to the front. Does anyone know where I should begin?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      If we had a dollar for every time the question “Which is really faster, the 700 or the 450?” shows up in our inbox, mailbox, or voicemail, we’d be putting this magazine together from a bungalow on a barely inhabited tropical isle named Quadhama.
      http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1603755,00.html
    • By alexcross324
      Hi all, I try to find this manual in the threads but you have a lot of stock here
      Cannot find this particular manual.
      I found it for YFM200 but not sure if they are the same.
      Thanks if you could help me with that.
      Im new here so if I did something wrong, please tell me.