Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Naterenfo

Suzuki Twinpeaks 2wd/4wd Indicator light BLINKING!

well.... this is a little strange...

Occasionally when I am riding my Suzuki Twinpeaks 700 ('04) I will flip the thumbswitch to switch from 2wd, to 4wd (this its just a simple thumbswitch on the left side handgrip) and sometimes, I will get a blinking indicator light, and a non responsive transmission change.

Also, sometimes I will get a little bit of clunking before it changes, and i have to slow down to a very slow speed before the transmission will make the switch.

Any ideas? sometimes it does this, sometimes it does not. Ill throw out a percentage here

60% Works flawlessly

30% Only a blinking indicator light, remedy is simply restart the quad.

5% Indicator light, clunk and no transmission shift

2.5% Indicator light, Clunk, and transmission shift.

2.5% Clunk, transmission shift

Any help is welcomed :]

thank you for reading this post.

i can tell u already it will just get worse u have to be at a slow speed or stopped to change from 4x4 into 2x4 or vica-versa ur not giving the differential the time to lock in this the blinking light its saying slow down can incage

I agree with these guys tho I don't know the suzuki system very well. when you hit the shift switch, try backing off the power - it's unlikely it will shift IN under power. It sounds like a similar system Yamaha uses - shift while moving but not under power, like and old LandCruiser hehe.

Honda is a 'shift on the fly' system that they fought for several years before perfecting.

The problem was always a thing called a 'shift angle sensor' and changing that with a newer style fixed it.

Check your owner's manual to see when you should be shifting- that blinking light could be saving you a BIG repair bill! I recommend you sit down by the fire and read that manual cover to cover- there are some things you'll want to write in there as well. Best know the machine when you need it, than not know it and get yourself into trouble right?

Have fun!:wink:

Edited by Raptor8
additional

Raptor 8, the 700 twin peaks is really a rebadged 700 Kawasaki praire. If stop or slow slow speed shift from 2wd to 4wd or vice versa, Have someone check to see if the sensors need to be reset. Some Kawasakis need to be reset every 100 hours. Kawasaki done this to make you come in to the dealer to have the belt checked. Suzkui and Kawasaki done a combo for a couple years. Cats had similar problems with the Kaw motor in them to.

I know my King Quad acts the same way, gotta be real slow, back off the gas, or stopped.

I remember those annoying lights on the Kaws but didn't know that Kaw and Suzi were in bed together....thanks for the info!

I remember those annoying lights on the Kaws but didn't know that Kaw and Suzi were in bed together....thanks for the info!
What little knowledge I have, I will share for free!! Suzukui and kaw were only in bed together for a couple of years.

Now that I think about it, I do remember some of that. like the KawaZukiCat400, which we worked on quite a few...the 700s and Prairies very few since I was at Yamaha/Honda at the time..

I agree, advice is free as always! This technology 40 years ago would have saved me thousands$ and completely changed the sport as well!:wink:!

well.... this is a little strange...

Occasionally when I am riding my Suzuki Twinpeaks 700 ('04) I will flip the thumbswitch to switch from 2wd, to 4wd (this its just a simple thumbswitch on the left side handgrip) and sometimes, I will get a blinking indicator light, and a non responsive transmission change.

Also, sometimes I will get a little bit of clunking before it changes, and i have to slow down to a very slow speed before the transmission will make the switch.

In that last part, where I was talking about the slowing down part, that was just another problem I was concerned about, that may have been influential to the transmission issue, but its not that big of a deal. my main concern is the clunking, the non-responsiveness, and the 2wd 4wd alert blinker, I do not have an owners manual and thats why I'm a little confused

Thank you for the suggestions though, and keep them coming all help is welcomed.

well how long has this been happening.. u might need to bring it to the dealor depending on how long its been.. is the 4x4 not engaging at all?? wat kind of clunking are u hearing and from were is it?? u might have to get your front diff fixed but that is the worst case scenario... also take a look at ur front axles and the boots.. tell me what they look like if their is anything out of the ordinary to them??

the 4x4 will engage, sometimes it takes longer than others but it does engage. and if it doesn't, i throw the wheeler in neutral, shut it off restart it and then try again and it works. the clunking seems to be coming from the front, could be the front dif. sounds front right, when i ride again i can give you more details. Boot/axle seemed clean, but wheels seemed like they were doing this

\ / instead of the normal | | of course the angles weren't nearly that severe, but you get the idea.

four inchs is like a grand u know that right because u got to replace the a-arms and put new gorilla axles in to hold up for the angles.. 2 inch on the other hand is 100 to 150 bucks and it r moves the shocks from were they were stock to a lower postion but their is a lot of things u need to watch out for and a few things u need to check up on... all i know about for lifts is for independent rear suspension were their is a wishbone or an a-arm wat ever u want to call it..since urs is a solid rear axle u should ask onetoughzuki to answer questions if u have any that is because he has a twin peaks like u with a 2 inch lift

Edited by outlander560