Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Stoopidbot1

What do you carry in you bag?

Thanks MWKE, I was searching for that.
:kissbutt::kissbutt::kissbutt:

:kissbutt::kissbutt::kissbutt::kissbutt::kissbutt::kissbutt:

That would definitely be nice to have in a place like Glamis. Where there are no real landmarks to watch.
Just Bot eating sand!:laugh:

afternoon Boys, (click on the italic words)

I added some tools to mine that I use a lot. I live out in the sticks and keep the trails clean. I put a Machete on it, we have some strong sticker bushes round here.

It also comes in handy when goin into caves. I figure what ever is in one might not be to friendly, I can't swing it but what ever is in there will have to eat it to get to me..

I also put a stake bed on mine to keep dog from fallin out. And you gotta have a knife handy. A shovel is a must. I had to ad paddin to my rear seat so the lil Wife would stop fallin off. (I hate stopping and pickin her up all the time) Had to make a pouch for the air pump. I also needed a pouch for my cigs.

Edited by hobbles

Yeah I recently added a shovel. I ride on trails that sound like the same type as you. Trees down, branches everywhere, vines, and pickers. Always have a saw to cut up down trees and vines.

Afternoon bumpercarkid

Yep, I also have a small hand saw but found that the Machete can cut/chop the tree limbs a lil easier and faster. I'm lazy. That's a heavy machete which makes it easier. Do you have them darn black berry bushes up there? We got em every where down here, I hate them critters,,,,

No we don't have them on the trails. We have vines with like big pickers. Man they hurt. I usually come back with a new hole in my jacket. We run to a lot of trees down. Some are dead and we can cut up or just pull out of the way. Others have been there for a while so we stack branches on each side to get more traction.

Yeah there pretty bad. I like them though because there about 1 minute from my house. So I can jump on my three wheeler and my neighbor can jump on his and we can go riding for an hour or so and we can go whenever we want. Where the next closest trails are about a half hour each way. I like the trails close to home.

[EDIT] sorry about misspelling "when" in the title!!

Well, I should be getting a truck soon and will finally be able to do some nice trail riding so my first question is: What do you bring with you?

I already have a nice winch and emergency tool kit, Id bring some water... but what else?

I don't think Id need extra gas, it has a 2.5 gal tank and its only 250cc... also, I am going to buy some straps but What else? what are some good things to have on the trail?

thanks!

Edited by BuckBilly

[EDIT] sorry about misspelling "when" in the title!!

Well, I should be getting a truck soon and will finally be able to do some nice trail riding so my first question is: What do you bring with you?

I already have a nice winch and emergency tool kit, Id bring some water... but what else?

I don't think Id need extra gas, it has a 2.5 gal tank and its only 250cc... also, I am going to buy some straps but What else? what are some good things to have on the trail?

thanks!

I merged these two threads, repeat topic.

A lot of mine depends on how long I plan to ride. For the longest I carry:

Polaris tool kit

Extra Plug

Extra Drive Belt

Bottle of Slime

12v Air Compressor

Tire Plugs

Large Tow Strap

Med First Aid Kit

Extra Gloves

3D Maglight

Binoculars

Emergency Poncho

Water & Gatoraid

Folding Shovel

Camp Hatchet

Large Leatherman

Plenty of Smokes

Two Lighters

Ratchet Straps

Bungies

Camera

1 Gallon Gas Can

Cell Phone

Handheld GPS

Ya'll gave me a few new items that will be added before the next long trip.

Q.What do you carry in you bag?

A. my nutts!

LOL..........sorry but this was coming!

Unlike your nuts!!!!!

LOL!!!

Edited by BuckBilly

i have the tow straps a flashlight and a lighter and water a few tools and tire plug kit with co2 inflater and the stock tool kit but thats usually about it unless im going ware no man has gone b4 in a quad then i take alot more things to get unstuck with ....

Q.What do you carry in you bag?

A. my nutts!

LOL..........sorry but this was coming!

Lol i was gunna ask why would you want to know what i carry in my azz?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By barracuda420
      Hi, I'm new to ATV/UTV's and am looking for any advice that would help to repair my 2018 Ranger 500.  I got it from an insurance auction and have never owned one before.
      It looks like it was sunk deep.  Found rocks and sand in the roof, milky oil in the air filter box, water in the fuse box, etc.
      So far, I've cleaned the air box out, vacuumed most of the rocks and sand, checked the engine, trans and diff casings for cracks/leaks.
      The battery would not charge while connected so I know there is some short somewhere...probably the wet fuse box.

I plan on drying out the fuse box and all connectors with a hairdryer tomorrow, check the fuses, remove/dry out the ECM and disassemble/clean the air intake.  Then install the battery and see if i can get it to key on and see what kind of lights I get.
      Need to know what to expect with the engine/trans...
      Thanks.

• By Ajmboy
      I'm starting this thread out of curiosity and ofcourse I just upgraded my cell phone yesterday. ... Please list your cell phone and carrier. Photo if you have one or can find one online so we know what it looks like.
      I have a Palm Pre on Sprint.

• By Gilbey
      Does everyone run the tire pressure as stated on tires or perhaps a couple # below to soften the ride a little?
    • By Tiffany Rowland
      From what I've read, the only function of a resistor is to prevent radio frequencies from interfering with automotives with onboard computer systems. If the only function of a resistor is to prevent damage to a vehicle's computer system, then why would they not be standard for every vehicle equipped with a computer? Are there downsides to using them? 
    • By Ajmboy
      I saw this article on Motosport and thought it was pretty good. Anyone add anything?
        You might think hopping on-board an ATV and going for a spin is just as easy as taking your regular 4-wheel car for a ride around the block. After all, both have four wheels. How hard could it be?
      In many respects, you're right. Some adventure riders choose quads over their two-wheeled counterparts of the dirt because there's less chance of crashing and it's easier to learn. ATVs also offer more manageability for younger riders to get acquainted with outdoor riding than a dirt bike.
      However, beginner riders on ATVs tend to make the same mistakes that result in crashes, roll overs and injury that could be avoided with some instruction and know-how. If you're looking at a fun family outing by renting ATVs or want to get into the sport take advantage of the following points and avoid the same mistakes so many other first time ATV riders make that end their day early or before they barely get started.
      1. Nerf Bars
      Get Nerf bars. These are not soft cushy add-ons that are cousins to the football you use during backyard football games. In many respects, Nerf bars are gigantic foot pegs. Don't bother with traditional foot pegs because you'll constantly slip off and because of the "I feel safe factor" that comes with riding a quad you'll also have a tendency to let your feet drag when riding. That's a recipe for getting one or both of your feet caught in the back tire resulting in serious injury. Nerf bars allow you to stabilize your feet and get maximum control over the ATV

Rest your feet easy on Nerf bars
      2. Rolling Over
      Believe it or not, it's fairly easy to roll an ATV over. And you don't want to be on the bottom of that sandwich.
      The most common way of ending underneath a quad is looping out. That's done by hitting the gas and having little to no experience with the power of an ATV. The front spikes up like an out of control stallion, throws you onto your back like a bucking bronco and then pins you like a UFC Champ.
      The second way is when you're having a bit too much fun sliding around in mud or other slick conditions, the tires finally do what they're designed to do and grip the ground but the rest of the bike, with you on it, keeps going.
      Finally, those who think they've found their bearings take aim for a steep slope and try to conquer it only to end up upside down or in their attempt to arch alongside said steep hill, tumble over the side.
      3. False Sense of Security
      This goes somewhat hand-in-hand with the roll over capability that many riders fail to appreciate therefore they also neglect wearing proper protective equipment. Don't think wearing jeans, t-shirt and sneakers is adequate protection when riding a 4-wheeled machine powered by a gas engine that doesn't have seatbelts. You need a helmet, goggles, gloves and riding boots at a minimum. Once you start ripping it on the track or trails add a chest protector, neck brace, knee brace, etc.
      4. Throttle Control
      Everybody wants to skip the kiddie stage and get right into hair-raising speed when it comes to riding ATVs. OK, most everybody. But for those who do so many put on the cloak of invincibility and think a quad is merely a mini car that finally enables them to release all sorts of pent up childhood inhibitions.
      So they jab their thumb into the throttle with the expectation of a controlled roller coaster ride. Instead, they loop out and end up underneath the quad or manage to stay seated only to careen off course and introduce their 4x4 to a large tree. ATVs normally have a thumb throttle and most have an automatic clutch so the clutch is one less thing to worry about. So go slow and figure out how much "thumb" is too much and get used to the speed and power an ATV delivers before really going for a ride. Oh, one more thing, learn to take your thumb off the throttle!

It's not to hard to loop out on an ATV
      5. Loading the ATV
      Never, ever ride an ATV up a ramp into the back of a pick-up. If you want to know why just go to YouTube. If you want to know how to load an ATV check out this fine piece of quality information on How to Load a Motorcycle, Dirt Bike or ATV into a Truck.
      The bottom line to riding an ATV the first time is treat it like you would anything that comes with a modicum of danger. Careless behavior endangers you and others but with common sense and a willingness to learn you'll enjoy of lifetime of riding quads.
      For additional information on riding and/or maintaining ATVs see:
      10 Quick Safety Tips for ATV Trail Riding Tips for New ATV Owners Choosing the Best ATV for Beginners 10 Things That Alter Your ATV Performance Written By: AndrewT

• Similar Tagged Content

• By ATVNetwork
      Kolpin's heavy duty Matrix storage is designed to fit on your ATV and is a perfect option for storing hunting gear, camping supplies and work gear. Kolpin's line of ATV storage includes both soft and hard storage options making your ATV more useful on the trail, at your campsite or your favorite hunting spot.
      Below you'll find some of our top picks.

Matrix Seat Bag - Black - Currently $93.19 on Amazon ($120.74 MSRP)
      Constructed of 600D nylon with exclusive Hydro Shield's coating Fabric includes 300 hour UV protective coating applied Padded, back rest style seat for added comfort Features multi-piece, detachable gear bags with center Matrix cooler Center Matrix cooler section keeps up to a 12-pack of beverages cold with room for additional goodies Patented water bottle holder zips out only when you need it Exterior shock-cord provides even more storage for your items such as gloves and jackets! Includes two removable gear bags with gusseted wet/dry compartments and water bottle pockets Web reinforced buckles attachments secure to any ATV rack 2.02 cubic feet of accessible storage Dimensions 32'' x 22'' x 11'' Use with our large ATV Luggage Rain Cover (93665) for extra protection  

Kolpin Matrix Bag - Mossy Oak Breakup - Currently $94.50 on Amazon ($131.24 MSRP) 
      Constructed of 600D nylon with exclusive Hydro Shield™ coating Licensed Mossy Oak® Breakup™ patterns with 300 hour UV protective coating applied Padded, back rest style seat for added comfort Features multi-piece, detachable gear bags with center Matrix cooler Center Matrix cooler section keeps up to a 12-pack of beverages cold with room for additional goodies Patented water bottle holder zips out only when you need it Exterior shock-cord provides even more storage for your items such as gloves and jackets! Includes two removable gear bags with gusseted wet/dry compartments and water bottle pockets Web reinforced buckles attachments secure to any ATV rack 2.02 cubic feet of accessible storage Dimensions 32'' x 22'' x 11'' Use with our large ATV Luggage Rain Cover (93665) for extra protection  
      Find more Kolpin ATV Gear on Amazon.com
    • By ATVNetwork
      Kolpin's heavy duty Matrix storage is designed to fit on your ATV and is a perfect option for storing hunting gear, camping supplies and work gear. Kolpin's line of ATV storage includes both soft and hard storage options making your ATV more useful on the trail, at your campsite or your favorite hunting spot.
      Below you'll find some of our top picks.

Matrix Seat Bag - Black - Currently $93.19 on Amazon ($120.74 MSRP)
      Constructed of 600D nylon with exclusive Hydro Shield's coating Fabric includes 300 hour UV protective coating applied Padded, back rest style seat for added comfort Features multi-piece, detachable gear bags with center Matrix cooler Center Matrix cooler section keeps up to a 12-pack of beverages cold with room for additional goodies Patented water bottle holder zips out only when you need it Exterior shock-cord provides even more storage for your items such as gloves and jackets! Includes two removable gear bags with gusseted wet/dry compartments and water bottle pockets Web reinforced buckles attachments secure to any ATV rack 2.02 cubic feet of accessible storage Dimensions 32'' x 22'' x 11'' Use with our large ATV Luggage Rain Cover (93665) for extra protection  

Kolpin Matrix Bag - Mossy Oak Breakup - Currently $94.50 on Amazon ($131.24 MSRP) 
      Constructed of 600D nylon with exclusive Hydro Shield™ coating Licensed Mossy Oak® Breakup™ patterns with 300 hour UV protective coating applied Padded, back rest style seat for added comfort Features multi-piece, detachable gear bags with center Matrix cooler Center Matrix cooler section keeps up to a 12-pack of beverages cold with room for additional goodies Patented water bottle holder zips out only when you need it Exterior shock-cord provides even more storage for your items such as gloves and jackets! Includes two removable gear bags with gusseted wet/dry compartments and water bottle pockets Web reinforced buckles attachments secure to any ATV rack 2.02 cubic feet of accessible storage Dimensions 32'' x 22'' x 11'' Use with our large ATV Luggage Rain Cover (93665) for extra protection  
      Find more Kolpin ATV Gear on Amazon.com

View full post
    • By Ajmboy
      Ok, starting a new thread because there is a lot of new stuff out there. Thinking of getting a new soft ATV bag instead of the quadboss rear lounger trunk I have now. I used to have a soft bag on my king quad, but that was a while ago.
      Now I've got my grizzly and the box on the rear rack, which is nice.
      Please post if you are using a bag or box, what kind, and what you like about it. Thanks.
    • By mrtoast67
      Hello everyone I have a liitle issue here that has left me scratching my head. I recently bought a Moto 4 87 2wd. About 20 minutes after I got it home I heard a loud wrenching and snapping and then what sounded of metal whirling around in places it shouldnt. I opened up the right crankcase and found that a spring on the clutch carry assembly has broken unto ublivion. Not the clutch now, the clutch carry assembly. I bought a new spring, replaced it. And put it all back together (with some difficulty, I am unsure about the reinstallation of one part - see video in link below). I started it up no problem, with the immediate wrenching and snapping and whirling again. Opened it up again, another broken spring. I have now ordered enough springs to replace ALL the srings at the same time because I have noticed all the springs but one are very loose. Attached is a link to a video I have of the problem, please let me know if you have ANY information that could be helpful.
      The video can be found here. [ame]
      [/ame]