Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

trailblazer_02

Well, Guess im a Honda Fan Now.

YAYYYYY!! i got my 2002 400ex!!

pics :

2n659j8.jpg

8yxpa1.jpg

kdu535.jpg

oiy5xx.jpg

for what i know, it has an FMF muffler, not sure which, its loud though.

stage one hotcams

a k&n no airbox intake

razrs ALL AROUND [still have GREAT tread]

fullbore plastic

the only problem is it makes a ticking sound when it idles..we think it needs a valve adjustment.

let the new project begin! [that will be another thread, since i am an organizing freak.]

sorry for the lack of angles. its packed in my garage and my camera batterys were dead.

IM SO HAPPY :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

TrailBlazer, glad you got your new ride!!!!!!!!:yes: I hope it puts a smile on your face that can never be removed.

oh im sure ill want another in a year. lol

jk

and bot, i love the colors on the R.A.C.E series DG and HMF.

thats mainly why. colors. would there be a way to paint that one? high temp paint?

yeah...we've painted exhausts before that the chromes were all scratched up on :) def. use the high temp paint, that's what we always used.

oh im sure ill want another in a year. lol

jk

and bot, i love the colors on the R.A.C.E series DG and HMF.

thats mainly why. colors. would there be a way to paint that one? high temp paint?

I would keep it, order an end cap for it. Sand it down lightly(very fine paper) and use the paint they use on BBQ grills.

MY GOD this thing is cold blooded.

i cant get it to start today for anything..it will start, run for a little bit, then die.

i think im gonna get a newer CDI and a new plug. that should help it right?

It would help it out but that is the nature of the beast. Hondas don't like the cold. Re you leaving the throttle closed while you are starting? That is Electric start right?

Before you go buying alot of parts, check a few simple things. Pull the carb and clean it . Check the jets and make sure they're clean. I'd assume it's been jeted with a K&N and a pipe, but if the pilot isn't a 42, get one. That'll help with the cold start. Pull the petcock on the tank and clean that as well. There's a little screen that will clog. The ticking is normal. Mine has done it since it was new. If it's real bad, you may need to adjust your valves. Enjoy your new ride! The 400ex is a great machine.

mine is cold too...i have to hold my throttle open a little bit for about the first 2-3 mins that its running....then its perfect once she's warm :)

mine is cold too...i have to hold my throttle open a little bit for about the first 2-3 mins that its running....then its perfect once she's warm :)

idk, mine will crank and crank and crank, but nothing, i have tried the choke, tried pumping the throttle, i tried holding it wide open while trying to start. sometimes it will turn over, it will run for a little bit, then sputter and die

hey wheeler, the throttle thingy, when its pointing up is it on? or down?

that might be it, no gas lol.

it sucks it doesnt have a backup kick..

Glad you got it TB. It looks pretty sweet!!!

thanks bro!

Edited by trailblazer_02

idk, mine will crank and crank and crank, but nothing, i have tried the choke, tried pumping the throttle, i tried holding it wide open while trying to start. sometimes it will turn over, it will run for a little bit, then sputter and die

hey wheeler, the throttle thingy, when its pointing up is it on? or down?

that might be it, no gas lol.

it sucks it doesnt have a backup kick..

thanks bro!

Yes, up and down is open. Do NOT try and start it with the throttle open. You will flood it. Try to push start it in 2nd gear. Pump the throttle about 10 times then try it with the choke open.

the fuel might be ur problem...are u getting a good spark is the spark plug covered in crap or clean.. ur rpms might be to low that could make it difficult for it to start.. but then again i dont know sport bikes so well... but u got a nice atv congrats trailblazer

Bots right, dont hold it wide open, i only hold mine open a little bit, enough to make it rev just a tad....I think he's also right...try to pop start it and let it run for a little bit.

pop start? explain

btw my dad thinks its the plug, what is the size of the socket needed to remove the plug?

he couldnt get it off.

Edited by trailblazer_02