Quantcast

New Addition to my Truck

Well,,,,,Since I Traded off my Utility Trailer I have been wanting to come up with an Idea for my Rig that would allow me to haul more than 1 bike without standing them up....I also didnt want to pull a little trailer or pay the Reg. anymore or Buy another one....So I came up with this simple little Idea...

Fits into the Receiver of my Truck and sits about even with the bed...with the Tail Gate down It adds Six Feet for an overall length of 12'.....I think it will work out just Fine for what I need and I dont have to have another Trailer in the drive way....:yes: Best of all....I have 300 Bucks in it and I can do Posted Speeds for Cars NOT pullin a Trailer:laugh:

IMG_8175.jpg

IMG_8172.jpg

IMG_8173.jpg

IMG_8174.jpg

Good thinkin' MWKE, watch the swing on that thing, it's pretty long.

Thanks,,,,

A few of you have mentioned the swing and to watch it......Im not sure what Im supposed to watch though....It follows the truck through the turns...Its not gonna Swing out....Now backing up,,,,,That would be different.....LOL.....

I used to have something similar to this but it was a Single Wheeled Tent Trailer....OLD SCHOOL!!!! It was Basically an Extension of the Truck....Overall about 8 feet behind the truck and was Stationary behind me....When I backed it up it used to screw with my head....Me being a Truck Driver I wanted to Correct the Trailer....But you didnt have to....It went wherever the Truck did....LMAO!!!! If you would like to see it.....Buy the Book...READY TO ROLL.....Im in there with the Trailer....:wink:

Or,,,,,I might be able to go through my Archives if you are interested...:laugh:

There is probably close to 9ft of lenght behind the rear wheels, when you turn the truck pivots on the rear wheels, so every thing behind the rear wheels swings the other way. It's usually not an issue unless you are in a tight spot. I have hit a car with the as* end of a large box van that way in down-town Seattle.

There is probably close to 9ft of lenght behind the rear wheels, when you turn the truck pivots on the rear wheels, so every thing behind the rear wheels swings the other way. It's usually not an issue unless you are in a tight spot. I have hit a car with the as* end of a large box van that way in down-town Seattle.[/QUote]

I understand what you are saying now....Took me a minute to Comprehend....Ive had some interesting Moments with this old thing when we used to tow it....

IM001287.jpg

IM001275.jpg

IM001277.jpg

IM001278.jpg

IM001282.jpg

how does it stay upright?

Well,,,,This is a 1958 Heilite...So back then there were real bumpers....On my previous post you will notice the Front of the Trailer has two hitches....Well those Connected to the Receivers that were Clamped onto the Bumper...Little 1" Balls...Since back when I had this thing I was pulling it with a 91 Exploder...I had to make this hitch in order for it to work.....But When Camping....There are 4 Stabilizer Bars that come down out of each corner to hold it up....That 1 wheel Actually does a 360 Degree turn...

Here are some more of my old Baby....

Oh yeah,,,,,I was so ANAL back then....I saved the original Tire:biggrin: That is is in the Picture.....LMAO!!!!

IM001280.jpg

This is where my magic used to happen.....:yes:

IM001279.jpg

IM001284.jpg

Hey bot.....

I have its Brother Back.....I did this one up for my Dad back in 01 to use behind his jeep...

It is a 1965 Heilite of the 2 Wheeled Variety.....

FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helite5.jpg

Helite6.jpg

Helite8.jpg

Helite2.jpg

Helite4.jpg

This currently lives UNDER my 5'er....I need it GONE.....Its Very light.....All Aircraft Grade aluminum...and would be PERFECT for those Weekend RHINO Camping Trips....!!!!!!!! Cough Cough!!!!

Well,,,,This is a 1958 Heilite...So back then there were real bumpers....On my previous post you will notice the Front of the Trailer has two hitches....Well those Connected to the Receivers that were Clamped onto the Bumper...Little 1" Balls...Since back when I had this thing I was pulling it with a 91 Exploder...I had to make this hitch in order for it to work.....But When Camping....There are 4 Stabilizer Bars that come down out of each corner to hold it up....That 1 wheel Actually does a 360 Degree turn...

Here are some more of my old Baby....

Oh yeah,,,,,I was so ANAL back then....I saved the original Tire:biggrin: That is is in the Picture.....LMAO!!!!

IM001280.jpg

This is where my magic used to happen.....:yes:

IM001279.jpg

IM001284.jpg

That is cool as hell, so I guess after driving that thing around, the little extension on your truck is no problem for you.