Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

then i pulled the head

IMG_4160.jpg

IMG_4163.jpg

i had seen that there was this and started to relize it was going to take longer than i had expected oh well its all fun and shit for me though

IMG_4162.jpg

well this is about as far as i have gotten to im am in need of some parts

i need

stock air box assembly

misc bolts

stock front wheel

and

carb cross over pipe

thats it so far oh if you have pegs

i would love to have an extra set so hook me up

WOW!!!!! I think your first investment needs to be a Bead Blaster!!!!! LOL!!!

Anyway,,,,,This looks like a Great Project...Are you going to be Pumping it up or going back stock????

Air Box

eBay Motors: Yamaha Banshee stock air box K&N filter pro-design plat (item 250368692463 end time Feb-11-09 20:41:20 PST)

eBay Motors: yamaha banshee yfz 350 AIRBOX AIR BOX (item 160313675988 end time Feb-09-09 14:54:28 PST)

Lots of people Sell bolt kits on Ebay.....Ive bought several through the yrs....Very nice kits....\

Banshee Bolt Kit, All matching items for sale.

As far as wheels.....You can pretty much get stockers off ebay shipped for 50 bucks I bet....Or you can get like ITP new for 80 Bucks.....Just depends on what you really want.....You want the Gold ones or the Bling ones....LOL!!!!

Keep us all updated would ya????

looks like you have your work cut out for ya.. that banshee looks like she has quite a few hours on it.. but there are tons of aftermarket go fast parts for them and are pretty reasonable price wise.. keep it up man and take your time.. get a service manual and go at it..

i have some banshee parts and several freinds that stock parts as well it looks like your clcy, are pitted i would go with 20thousands over and new pistions average clcy, bore is $90. new pistions wisco are about $210. with rings and gaskets have your head magnafluced for cracks and warpage since your pistion was turned check your rods to make sure the rod hasnt twisted on the crank and check your intake boots arent dry rotted or the reeds arent broke email about your list of parts and i can locate in about to days deoending on my freinds work schedual.

Quite nice of you to offer the help Opie, I am just wondering though if you noticed that he last posted in this thread almost a year ago? I am curious how things have gone on that project though. Maybe he will come back and update one of these days.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mmmPUDDIN
      I've had this machine for 2ish years, has ran great up until winter. Sometime during then, I managed to break the exhaust right before the muffler. The summer before it had a hard time idling, but we fixed it by cleaning the carb, and messing with idle. Near the end of last year, the only way for it to fire was the have full choke, and full throttle, and the engine bogged down and you had to keep on throttle for 25mins. Over winter, the throttle had dislocated, and I got it back in place. We got it running, and all was good. Spring came along, and now it doesn't start at all. A fluid is coming out of the exhaust, and I'm told it could be water from over winter. I checked the airbox, and the air filter isn't for this quad, it also is barely sucking air. There appears to be little to no compression, based on this. I'm pretty sure the engine is flooded, as the spark plug produces a spark, but is oxidized. I don't know how the previous owner treated it, or when it's last oil change was. A bolt on the engine has either oil or gas seeping through it,abd was loose. I tightened it and it consisted. The engine is basically positioned in the rear, and it needs a good clean, I don't have a pressure washer, so I can get the built on dirt off. any recommendations on how to get the beast started again?
    • By KJINTF
      Been slow in starting up, in the recent past it would start up in <1/2 second of the button press with a snap. Now it takes several seconds of cranking to get going. Once going runs as it always did. Replaced the plug no change. Battery is good.
      Before I tear it apart and look things over was hoping others might have had the same experience and have a quick fix for me
      Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions to get this old machine starting quickly again as it has for 20 years.  
    • By bradken19
      the king quad had sit for about 1 1/2 years. So I rebuilt the carb and now it will not start. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    • By Shane Stump
      Ok guys needs some help asap ready to set this thing on fire..thing would never start valves were tight i adjusted the calves to correct shims on intake n exhaust have plenty of clearance in between cam lobes n shims..problem is i done set tdc about 10 times now its dead on..will not fire one hiccup sprayed gas into carb while cranking n while not all it does is make a loud backfire n some flames come out. Its like valves are tight but  there not.idk how it could be firing wrong with it at tdc. I need help asap
    • By scotty2hotty01
      i have a older honda 350 cc quad that seems to start and other days will not.spark seems to be gone and there when it does run.I checked newer coil odd a older yet Honda but no help and idea I going to find the serial number as forget the year but believe around 1995 to 1997 year besides that great quad but cant run it so great this way  and need it for chores around the acreage. Any help would be great. Ive check all fuses as well as the fusable ling which was fine until I screwed with it now need to buy another as have it wired not so safe.I handy but now have copd which takes away the brain power some.Any help would sure be appreciated 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By quadmaniac
      Does anyone own or has owned a Yamaha Banshee ATV? I saw a few posted for sale and decided to start a thread and would like to hear the good, the bad, the ugly...
      There are some nice modded ones I've seen online (pictures below). Post a pic if you own one. 

• By Bwdeaton
      I recently picked up a king quad 700 that doesn't run in the hopes of getting it running by spring. It had been previously taken apart some and a few pieces are missing in the engine, but the frame is complete and in good condition. The motor will need a piston, rings, cylinder, cams, and a few misc parts that are missing. Also the cases will need to be split to remove the pieces of piston that are in the crankcase. The piston blew up at high rpm and did a number on the cylinder so I'm trying to find out if it would be worth rebuilding this motor it buying another engine to swap in. There may be more damage to this engine that I can see so I was wondering how bad the insides of it could be considering it destroyed the piston. I have found a motor for 1200 plus 200 shipping, the only problem is I don't have that much now and I would have to save up a while before being able to afford it. Any suggestions appreciated.