Quantcast

joet82 is off serving our country

EO2 Thomas, Joseph

NMCB 5 UNIT 25294

FPO, AP 96601

There is my mailing address for the next 5 months.

If you want to send care packages, send items that will help us stay clean and keep our tummies full. MRE's and Galley food just won't cut it. haha Chocolates and other things that melt are not recommended cause in the summer it will reach up to 120+ during the days. Take care, shiny side up (unless you're doing a backflip, haha), and I will see you on the flip side.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=7377430

With compassion for others We Build, We Fight, for Peace with Freedom.

Something that I was always happy to see was single serving sized Gatorade mix. Regular water gets old after a while. Small packages of goodies are better than jumbo sized things because storage space is limited and the guys sometimes need to carry all their belongings at once. If you haven't left yet, write someone on the forum once you get there and let us know what size batteries the guys in you unit will need. If we can keep them supplied with these kinds of things, it will let them use their limited funds while deployed to get other things they need when they do get a chance to see a forward exchange store.

But still....DEPLOYMENTS SUCK! even though I plan on coming back with nearly $20,000. :) Most of it going to bills, trading in my CR-V for a Midsize-1/4 ton truck, and an RV. lol

Good luck Joe! My buddy from this post is leaving IRAQ in a few days. He also said he will do well financially for going. He's in the Marines.

He said the base he was on was nice, pool, internet access, gym, etc...:biggrin: I've been keeping in touch with him via e-mail. You'll have to log in here and keep us posted if you have some down time and the internet...:yes:

Hopefully your 5 months will fly by! What's your position, job, etc...?

My title is EO2, aka Equipment Operator Second Class. I basically drive the heavy equipment for the Navy's Seabees. Their construction force. Oh, and I'll definitly be keeping an eye out for quads over there, and I'll let you know if they are on the front lines in Afghanistan.

My title is EO2, aka Equipment Operator Second Class. I basically drive the heavy equipment for the Navy's Seabees. Their construction force. Oh, and I'll definitly be keeping an eye out for quads over there, and I'll let you know if they are on the front lines in Afghanistan.

Taking a camera?

Good luck, stay safe, and thank you for serving our country and keeping us safe!

Heyhey I have internet access and quadcrazy isn't blocked yet....but there are quads over here used by the british and Dutch. So far, I've seen Kawasaki and Polaris Utes, 1 each used by contractors, Polaris Rangers, and a FLEET of CAN-AM OUTLANDERS! Reportedly they run into the mountain regions on them for smash and grab missions. I have taken a few pics, but can't load them till I get back to the states.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By ResQ91
      Hi Guys!

New member and could really use your advice. I would have to believe this has been an issue for others but a search here came up with nothing......? (Probably me not doing search correctly)

I have an 87 Big Bear 350 YFM350FWT
      The OEM Mikuni BTM carb is shot and would rather replace than rebuild.
      It is no longer made and I have had good luck with NICHE carbs so I ordered a #K-CRB-0006 This was what they said was replacement when ordered. This Carb only uses 1 Throttle cable. The Slide is linked so it uses one. (OEM had 2nd cable coming through top to move slide)

Problem is when I ordered a replacement Cable from NICHE (#C-CBL-0061) the Cable wire is a little short, not allowing Throttle to return all the way down to Idle position. I called NICHE and they are at a loss. Haven't gotten back to me after 2+ weeks.

What would you recommend other than a carb rebuild?
      Can I just use 1 of the OEM cables (It is the right length) and snip/disconnect the other that went to top of Carb for Slide?
      Or ??

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!!

Dave
    • By luckyyyyesther
      Hey all!
      I'm on a mission to buy my first UTV soundbar as a gift for my dad(a newbie on ATV). I'm aiming for something that offers great sound quality without breaking the bank – my budget is around $250. Right now, I'm considering options like ecoxgear, kemimoto, and boss.
      Does anyone have experience with these brands or specific models that you'd recommend? Any advice or suggestions would be super appreciated!

• By opnea
      Recently picked up a 1991 Lt230e for repair. Compression is a little low Id say, around 80psi, I also have spark but the spark is odd . When cranking the spark is a constant arc. I’ve got it to sputter but never fully turn on. I believe the spark is my issue, being constant and not detonating at the right time. I’m not sure whether this issue is an electrical fault like some missing ground, a faulty cdi, or a timing issue. Any ideas where I should start? 
    • By joshua91673
      hi every one .anyone out there my issue is my kick start wont stay out  i have to have some one pull it out.  it pull out easy just wont stay out to kick it over .kicks over and starts no problem 
      also does this quad have a ajust mint for the rear spring .it sags when i get on it .or is this normal . thanks guys for your time 
      first post 

josh ohio
    • By p5200
      I added more fresh gas it sat one day now, it's acting up again. Before cleaning out carburetor it wouldn't idle good and had gas leaks from carburetor. Now it idles pretty good but, if I increase throttle speed at a certain amount it starts missing bad. I'm going to try and post a short video. Just about ready to give up on this thing.😒  you can see reflection perking in video.

20240217_114429.mp4