Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

17 minutes ago, Gunny said:

Right On !!! Going out every weekend sure beats pull'in weeds doesn't it !?!? ...... :chatterboxn:

Why THANK YOU for shar'in the vids My Friend !!! It's much appreciated !!! :notworthy::notworthy:

LOL Gunny Ive had 5 sons never pulled weeds lol or cut grass !! Tried to get the wife to do it but that didnt work out for me !!!!

Edited by quadnut20
  • Haha 2

this quad is a 08 Honda TRX700 XX

751cc ,Barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker ,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers ,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,

03 LTZ 400 

03 ltz400,95.5bore,+5crank,P&P,13.7:1,JE piston,spacer plate,RHC +1 intakes valves,RHC #208in&187ex cams,DRZ manual decomp,DID cam chain,no air box,Sredrum TB 42mm FCR,RAT stack,WB fuel screw,EMN needle,quick shot,06 clutch 450r drive plates w/trx400 ex springs,C2HB,ex thumber,trx450r air boot, Barker Performance pipe, trailteck flywheel,dynatek,NOLOGY HOTWIRES ,nerf bars,450r shocks, +4 swinger,lowered front & rear

60 hp 42 ftlb tq

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Some of the other mods it has on it  , 6 inch swing arm stretch , upper rear shock perches reloacated floor boards , 400 head ( smaller combustion chamber ) head dog house  ported , 8 inch head light pod lift , 6 led lights , dual Dua-cell batteries , Super Winch X3 , Dyna Jet kit , custom air box and snorkeled , wheel spacers all 4 wheels , stick stoppers , custom front skid plate , dual fans , one on cooler and one on engine ,  indecently  controller and monitored  by a custom digital real time temperature gauge  with dual fan controller programmable on/offs , 1000 Watt sound system , amp box snorkeled for heat displacement , Yamaha Grizzly left hydraulic hand brake , Honda Gold Wing hydraulic foot brake , billet brake fluid reservoir  , front and rear diffs and tubes drilled and tapped for grease fittings , run grease not oil  ---- since that video  I made a 1 1/4"  receiver style hitch set up to get rid of that plow hook in the rear and added a Honda Gold wing license plate 

• 1 year later...

I am new to the forum scene.  I am working on a project that is relatively unique and hope to maybe share some of my experiences while tapping into some expertise out there.

Mid-life Crisis Project:

2001 Yamaha 660 Raptor converting to street legal, shifter golf cart.  Here's what I have done so far:

Rebuilt the motor and trans from ground up.  DOT approved tires, turn signal kit, etc., then got the quad licensed for street.  Chopped it up, leaving enough of the frame in place to still have the vin stamp and mounted it to an aluminum golf cart body.  Had to shorten swingarm 6 inches and stretch front of body to fit.  Spacers on rear wheels and built adapters for fronts to accept and mount a set of rears on the front.  Therefore, in true golf cart fashion, front and rear tires and wheels match.  Custom fabricated front suspension with rack and pinion steering is done.  Fiberglass body is done and mounted(had to stretch body 8 inches to accommodate engine size, make a 2 piece mold, then make the body from the mold).  Engine compartment near completion.  Currently working on 2 piece mold for rear compartment which will house 2 subwoofers, fuel tank and have mounts to hold golf bags.  Racing bucket seats ready to install with 4pt harnesses.  Design complete for push button parking brake and reverse using linear actuators.  Next step is double tube roll bar.  There are probably going to be many areas that I could use some advice on, but here's what I am currently trying to figure out.....Braking system and exhaust.

For brakes, I am leaning toward Wilwood.  Not sure if I can do a floor mount, swing or reverse swing.  Once I get the seats actually mounted, I will figure that part out.  However, I am trying to figure out the best configuration.  I will be using the stock front and rear disc brake system attached to the Wilwood pedals.  Dual master cylinder for brakes and single with slave for clutch.  Here's where I get lost(I may be lost already)-No idea if it will work and no idea what size cylinders to use.  They come in 1/2 to 1".  One master would be controlling both front brakes, one a single rear(I am considering the idea of adding another rear caliper to the other side of the swing-arm, but want to go through the test phase first).  Not sure where to start and anyone with some brake experience who wants to chime in please do.

Engine has dual exhaust.  I re-packed them, but still WAY too loud if I even want to attempt to take it on a golf course.  My intention is to try to add an inline muffler to each line.  I know I will lose some power, but hopefully will be able to jet it to run well.  Any suggestions on exhaust would be welcome also.  If there is any interest, I can post pics and be happy to go into any further detail in areas.  I am taking my time, as I am about a year into it and work on it when I need my away time in my happy place(shop).  I have access to all the cool tools, including CNC and not afraid to drop some money into it.  This looked like a pretty cool forum, so I thought I would throw this in and see if there is any interest.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kziegler said:

Mid-life Crisis Project:

2001 Yamaha 660 Raptor converting to street legal, shifter golf cart.

That's pretty cool. Post some pictures or video. Here's one I saw a while ago on youtube of a street legal raptor conversion. I'm curious with yours with the mention of golf cart.

• 1 year later...